Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 07:23 PM

267 posts, read 533,608 times

Advertisements

they re-elected Bush
Then Texas re-elected Perry

Make your vote count? I fear the worst
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2007, 07:30 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
As we've seen in these cases, the government is NOT the solution. Therefore, I would not support government intervention even into these situations.

Yeah! I agree, we should all have guns and the government should be eliminated entirely, every man for himself!

Old 04-18-2007, 07:50 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
Actually, I think federal government intervention is the only thing that can solve the homeowner's insurance problem in Florida, long term. It has to do with distribution of risk. For anything other than flood insurance, risk is handled by each state, meaning, Florida residents pay a lot for hurricane insurance but Minnesota residents, for example, pay nothing. Florida has a much higher risk of hurricanes than any other state, and with all the recent hurricanes, homeowner's insurance has gone through the roof. Insurance companies are not allowed to distribute that risk to any other state, by law. The federal government could allow that by creating something similar to federal flood insurance.
well , how about moving to a state with cheaper rates if it is that big of an issue!

Old 04-18-2007, 08:14 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,594,973 times
Thumbs up I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
well , how about moving to a state with cheaper rates if it is that big of an issue!

with Leavingflorida!

Old 04-18-2007, 08:16 PM

43,291 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Why leave if simply by voting one can get someone else to foot the bill?

Old 04-18-2007, 08:19 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
LOL, what? Homosexuals haven't "taken over" anything.
Seriously, that's why that guy is on my ignore list. He's a complete brainwashed religious nut that goes off-topic just to discuss his own agenda.

On-topic:

I completely agree with helena.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:02 PM

206 posts, read 938,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
The homosexual take over of our schools, churches, collages, and governments is a real issue.

What the heck are you talking about?????

Old 04-18-2007, 10:27 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorann View Post
What the heck are you talking about?????
Don't even bother asking. Just add Marks to your ignore list and move on. Soon no one on the forum will be able to see any of his posts if we do that, then we won't have to worry about him. He never makes sense.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:54 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,693,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Yeah! I agree, we should all have guns and the government should be eliminated entirely, every man for himself!
Finally, a sensible plan. BTW, thank you for adding that little extra in with your tax return this year. At least someone practices what they preach.

Old 04-19-2007, 12:57 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Finally, a sensible plan. BTW, thank you for adding that little extra in with your tax return this year. At least someone practices what they preach.
Go live in a third-world country if you want every man for himself and leave civilized society alone. Just because we help support each other doesn't mean we're communists. You must be Senator McCarthy because everyone is red to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies