Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 04:50 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,690,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaSalle View Post
For That I keep a "Wad of $10 dollar bills", I never refuse to by a Hungry man Food...

And guess what, I give them $$ for Booze and Cigs too...
Why pay them directly? The government is much more efficient at doling out assistance than we are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 07:52 AM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
You only paid what your obligated to pay? Do you not have any heart? Do you not realize that the government needs more money to care for the poor disadvantaged and disenfranchised?
The government won't use it for that unless it is required. I would happily pay more if we came up with some solid plans like universal health care. You're just grasping for straws now McCarthy.

Old 04-20-2007, 08:35 AM

1,247 posts, read 925,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Nothing in life is guaranteed. They should be able to sell their homes and move somewhere less expensive (like another state) because that option is still available to them.
They should be able to sell their homes? Do you have any clue what's going on in Florida? There are markets with well over 1 year worth of inventory. Good luck selling!

Quote:
I think they are very lucky to own homes with lots of equity.
It's only equity if they can sell it for a gain. And anyone who moves into that home is going to have a MUCH higher tax bill. In many cases, the taxes + insurance is greater than the mortgage.

Quote:
Also, if they own their homes outright, they don't need to carry insurance. They can be like older Californians who have no earthquake insurance because it is just too expensive.
First of all, they'd be stupid not to have home owners insurance, even if they own their home outright. Second, what about the people who don't own their home outright? You're fine with hanging them out to dry?

This problem was created by our federal government. They held interest rates artificially low, for far too long. They also failed to regulate the mortgage market, properly. Sorry, the government f*cked it up. Now they get to fix it.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:04 AM

14,492 posts, read 26,585,697 times
Default wasnt that

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird4848 View Post
O M G! And horror of horrors! The homosexuals have EVEN taken over the purple teletubby! I know this is true, because he has a triangle on this tummy.
The thoughts from Jerry Fallwell?. another helpful bureaucrat.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
The government won't use it for that unless it is required. I would happily pay more if we came up with some solid plans like universal health care. You're just grasping for straws now McCarthy.
I've got some neighbors who have some high medical bills. PM me your address and I'll have them forwarded to you. I'm sure this would be a sufficient alternative until we implement universal health care yet.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:44 AM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
I've got some neighbors who have some high medical bills. PM me your address and I'll have them forwarded to you. I'm sure this would be a sufficient alternative since we don't have universal health care yet.
We need to take part as a nation, not as an individual. As of right now I'm in a position where I don't need help, and I can't afford to help others (unless over a large period of time such as slow withdrawals from my paycheck every month.

Your obvious desperation and grasping is pathetic. If you don't have a valid argument that's fine, better to not reply than make a fool of yourself. If I become wealthy over night I would be glad to donate some money.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:52 AM

Quote:
We need to take part as a nation, not as an individual. As of right now I'm in a position where I don't need help, and I can't afford to help others (unless over a large period of time such as slow withdrawals from my paycheck every month.

Your obvious desperation and grasping is pathetic. If you don't have a valid argument that's fine, better to not reply than make a fool of yourself. If I become wealthy over night I would be glad to donate some money.
Please let me know when that happens and I'll be glad to accommodate you. Maybe you could put a little bit of what you can afford (what you would be willing for the government to take) into a savings account each month and pay their bills at the end of the year with what you've accummulated. Why wait until it's mandated?

Old 04-20-2007, 10:53 AM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Please let me know when that happens and I'll be glad to accommodate you. Maybe you could put a little bit of what you can afford (what you would be willing for the government to take) into a savings account each month and pay their bills at the end of the year with what you've accummulated. Why wait until it's mandated?
Because me as an individual can make a very small difference, as a country we can make a huge difference.

And I would deem who I give my money to (or the government would), I sure wouldn't let you decide.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:56 AM

Seriously, wouldn't this be a more efficient and effective way of providing for those who really need help?

1. Your money would earn interest.
2. There would be no administration costs involved.
3. You could better discern whether an individual is truly needy or not.
4. You could better determince whether the money was actually being spent on legitimate medical treatment.

Why must the government become involved?

Old 04-20-2007, 10:56 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,497 times
Quote:
Because me as an individual can make a very small difference, as a country we can make a huge difference.

And I would deem who I give my money to (or the government would), I sure wouldn't let you decide.
Yeah, talk is cheap. It is always easy when it is coming out of someone elses pocketbook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies