Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 07:45 AM

1,465 posts, read 4,051,018 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
It's sunny today. The weather man said it would be raining.
He must of lied.

incomplete information
misread the information

none are lies (except to you)

mission accomplished!
awasome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 07:48 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,954,849 times
Having "incomplete information" is not the same as "lying".

President Obama made the best decisions for the stimulus that he could based on the economic data he had at the time.

As new economic data continued to come in during subsequent months, it showed the economy was in worse shape than originally thought (please remember to thank Mr. Bush for this).

Old 07-11-2009, 07:58 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,034,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coastalrap View Post
more lies from Barry

How is this a lie?

Old 07-11-2009, 08:03 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,965,626 times
Default I wouldn't say he lied!

I'm glad that he shot down the thought of a 2nd Stimulus. ( Thank God! )

Our economy was in worst shape than he originally thought. What drives me crazy is people are willing to blame Obama for what the Republican's did to our country.

Like they (Republican's) have a plan to fix what they caused!

Old 07-11-2009, 08:07 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,936,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Far stretch.
They didn't know exactly how hosed the economy was.
It's funny that many people knew exactly how bad it was, they just weren't listened to. Of course, canned responses to that fact include:

These people should've made their voices more heard
A broke clock is right twice a year
They weren't in academia so their opinion didn't matter
etc...

So, either Obama/Biden were stupid or lying. Which is it?

Old 07-11-2009, 08:11 AM

2,305 posts, read 3,019,147 times
Now here is a little common sense thinking. If you are deep in debt because of greed and bad money management would the best way to solve the situation be spending and borrowing more money? If you believe it is then this president is the right person for you.

Many years ago I put myself in that situation. Taking advice from a very smart and successful person I cut back and paid off debt. It worked out well for me and I bet it would for our country.

And if you honestly think this stimulus bill is working they really have you fooled.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:27 AM

195 posts, read 127,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
It's funny that many people knew exactly how bad it was, they just weren't listened to. Of course, canned responses to that fact include:

These people should've made their voices more heard
A broke clock is right twice a year
They weren't in academia so their opinion didn't matter
etc...

So, either Obama/Biden were stupid or lying. Which is it?
Actually neither... I laughed at that photo op McCain did flying back to Washington during the economic collapse for what? He didn't even know. Obama's response was more in line with if you are Commander-n-Chief you should be able to handle more than one crisis at a time. You walk and chew gum at the same time, McCain not so much. Thank goodness he and the quitter never made it beyond the General Election.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:33 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,936,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djm666 View Post
Actually neither... I laughed at that photo op McCain did flying back to Washington during the economic collapse for what? He didn't even know. Obama's response was more in line with if you are Commander-n-Chief you should be able to handle more than one crisis at a time. You walk and chew gum at the same time, McCain not so much. Thank goodness he and the quitter never made it beyond the General Election.
When you misread something so obvious to many, you must be stupid or lying. There is no other alternative to a rational person. I vote for lying personally.

Oh, McCain has nothing to do with this conversation either.

Old 07-11-2009, 08:35 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,384,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
The Obamatrons are out in full force, explaining away every misstep and lie.
No, just ordinary people out to correct the disinformation being posted by the usual gang of rightwing intellectual dumpster-divers...

Old 07-11-2009, 08:36 AM

1,224 posts, read 1,283,493 times
Personally, I think that the stimulus package has done exactly what it was designed to do,.....political pay back for democratic party support in the general election. The stimulus money has not been dealt out yet because the "shovels" are on strike, but there are many worthwhile projects in the works in the state where I live,...a frisbee golf course, reworking the irrigation system at a city golf course, completing a walking path around a lake, a Farm to Market Road Museum, and many other infrastructure-building projects.

I love this administration. I had standing bets in Vegas regarding the unemployment rate. I bet against the administration numbers,....and so far I'm way ahead. Just tried to place a new bet for double-digit unemployment by years end, but Vegas oddsmakers are reluctant to cover the numbers. Betting against this empty suit may be the only way to make a living, given the direction this country is headed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies