Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2009, 01:51 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

Have any of you ever heard of people wanting to take part in a parade that they couldn't distribute copies of the Constitution of the United States to by standers. Well folks, now you have heard about that. It happened in one of the states that was among the first 13 states in the US. Admittedly it was the last state to approve the Constitution but then the people are still against the document.

CALLER: Good morning, Glenn. Well, you know, the tea party movement's growing across the country and certainly here in Rhode Island, one of the most liberal states in the union, there's really been a real grassroots effort to get this tea party going. One April 15th and another one in June and then we put together a float for the Bristol Fourth of July parade which by the way is the oldest parade in the country. And it was pretty much made clear to the Rhode Island tea party association that they weren't wanted in the parade to begin with and

GLENN: Why?

CALLER: Well, because apparently we're a subversive group, Glenn. We're on the terror watch list.

GLENN: Hang on, I'm looking at the picture. I'm looking at the picture. This is from the HJJ website. Is that the picture of everybody dressed in colonial clothes that looks like a giant boat?

CALLER: Yeah, it's actually the British slip the beaver that was ransacked by the colonists they Boston tea party in 1773. Now, we were told that we could not dress as Indians. I don't know why because the original colonists dressed as Indians. They said we could not do that. So we said, fine, we'll dress as patriots.

GLENN: Hold it, hold it. Is there a possibility that I mean, let's take a wild guess here on why you couldn't because it would be offensive to Native Americans?

CALLER: Well, I'm sure that was the reason. However, there were other floats with other people in the parade that were dressed as Indians. Some of them are legitimate Native Americans but others were not. But that, you know, the stipulation was only put on our float.

GLENN: Huh.

CALLER: Oh, it gets better.

GLENN: Okay.

You can read the remainder of the interview here:

http:Glenn Beck - Interviews - Glenn Beck: Put that Constitution away!

Oh darn, I forgot that this comes from the stupidest man on tv and radio these days. Oh well, I consider him the man who may well inform the public of this nation about things like this soon enough to save our nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 01:55 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,300,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
bristol.
leave sarah palin's kids alone!

Old 07-15-2009, 02:24 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Duplicate thread

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...tion-away.html

Needs to be merged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies