Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 08:43 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Movingforward, you are on ignore, have been on ignore for quite a while because you are incapable of making an argument without resorting to fallacies. Nothing you have to say is important or relevant to the discussion.
If I'm "on ignore," why are you responding to my posts?

There's nothing "fallacious" in my argument. I have nothing to gain nor lose in making my points. I find it fascinating how desperately people want to believe that climate change is some kind of "hoax." Preposterous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Mf, just admit it - you will not be swayed with logic, science or reason. Your hysteria is palpable. Here are some education links for you.

The Global Warming Debate - KLFY TV 10 - Acadiana's Local News, Weather and Sports Leader |

At the bottom of this article you will find some useful links.

32000 American Scientist who do not believe in AGW;

Global Warming Petition Project

Now, practice what you preach, for the sake of your captive audience.
Sanrene, when will you learn how to research sources properly?

This ridiculous "petition" was dreamed up by a guy who is a notorious global warming skeptic--from his so-called "Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine"--and tends to be a fringe player on a lot of different issues.

Here are some links for you, in return:

Global Warming Skeptic Organizations | Union of Concerned Scientists

Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine - SourceWatch

Old 07-12-2009, 10:04 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
This ridiculous "petition" was dreamed up by a guy who is a notorious global warming skeptic--from his so-called "Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine"--and tends to be a fringe player on a lot of different issues.
Yeah! 32,000 scientists are just a figment of your imagination. Why does it matter who dreamed up the organization - somebody had to do it to reflect that not all scientists believe in AGW. I suppose every one of those 32,000 scientists are not relevant.

Everything you accuse others of doing, you in fact are guilty of.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Yeah! 32,000 scientists are just a figment of your imagination. Why does it matter who dreamed up the organization - somebody had to do it to reflect that not all scientists believe in AGW. I suppose every one of those 32,000 scientists are not relevant.

Clearly, you didn't read the links. Some of those so-called "scientists" have only a B.S. degree (in more ways than one).

If you have a problem with the debunking of this group of "scientists," take it up with SourceWatch or The UCS. Or, for that matter, the leading scientific institutions in every major country in the world. I'm sure they'd be very interested in hearing your point of view.

Old 07-12-2009, 11:01 PM

So, the GW fanatics are not filled to the brim with non-scientists?

The IPCC is a purely political body. The UN as well.

Both sides have their credentialed, relevant, world renown scientists.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:38 AM

Quote:
So, the GW fanatics are not filled to the brim with non-scientists?

The IPCC is a purely political body. The UN as well.

Both sides have their credentialed, relevant, world renown scientists.
Nonsense. On all counts.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:05 AM

A predictable answer from a GW fanatic.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:08 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:

I wouldn't bother, Ive attempted several times to discuss this with movingforward. MF is a victim of trendy participation in this subject. He thinks that simple character discredit is all that is required to disregard the Climate Audit information I have posted previously, but what he fails to understand is that the information specifically deals with the data, the lack of, the inconclusive methods, etc... That is, it can be quantified and one can attack character all day long, but it has no relevance to the facts presented. The sun doesn't stop coming up because someone claims the person making such a statement is not credible. He deals in fallacies galore and any attempt you make to discuss it honestly will be neatly brushed aside with fallacies. It is sad because they call the skeptics deniers, yet I see more denial from the believers than that of the skeptics. The skeptics can at least point to why they are not convinced, show it in verifiable form while the believers can only attack character and play political games of evasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies