Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2009, 12:12 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,344,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus23 View Post
Sierra Leone a country formed in Africa for the freed slaves was prospering under British Rule(white people). Then the British pulled out April 27, 1961. Under Black peoples rule the country has fallen apart. Most of Africa is in turmoil without white peoples government and ideologies. America is a great nation because of the culture that is European. The blacks in America that are prosperous are that way because they have adopted white culture. European western thought and ideologies have created the modern world for the most part that we live in. Oriental and Mediterranean/middle eastern culture also sparked knowledge before the renaissance happened in Europe. The only African culture that really ever developed was Egyptian, and what used to be Catharage. The dark skinned broad nosed Africans were viewed as uneducated, and only good for physical labor as were the native American Indians by the Europeans of the past, and the middle eastern cultures. Why blame our ancestors for your ancestors down falls. The Africans were tribal in culture, and had not progressed beyond that. The same went for the Indians in America. If the Africans would of been more advanced slavery would of never happened to them in the first place. The world has grown past the need for slavery, but Africa is still in turmoil, and the whites are still being blamed for all their problems. I say shame on the blacks for not changing their ways, and always blaming others for their problems. There are way more blacks in Americans prisons than whites, but way fewer blacks in the country as a whole. There are many highly educated blacks in America, but the majority of blacks are still under educated. This is a free country, and education is only guaranteed until the age of 16 in the USA. Obama is more white than black in my opinion. Only his skin color is dark(which is very light), but everything else about him is white. The way he speaks, his facial features and physique. Do you think if he acted like a rapper he would of ever become President of this country. Although afro Americas act like he is more of a black man than a white man. Most afro Americans don't want to think of him as a white man. Hate to tell you, but Obama is white as they come!!!!!!!!!!
Paragraphs would be helpful. Can you please explain the difference between Afro American and black because you seem to use them interchangeably, but I'm assuming since you are using Afro American you must consider there to be a difference. I didn't know that there was a white "physique" can you elaborate on that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 12:17 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,946,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Wow, a bonafied bigot, and since you say you're educated. Would you say you speak solely for your group??

Actually I date a Persian woman. Would say I am not a bigot. Although I do find from dating a Persian that most Persian have a strong distaste for Africans. Africans are probably one of the most looked down upon races on the planet by all the other races. I wonder why that is. My grandmother started the civil right movement in a south Georgia county back in 1963, and I was raised a catholic. We had all races in our church, but the southern Baptist are about the most racists as they come. My neighbors church would not even let blacks in. My father is a retired professor of biology, and I have a master in Economics. I am so sick of the black people calling white people racist. I have many black educated friends, and the bulk of the black population embarrasses them.

Old 07-12-2009, 12:41 AM

715 posts, read 2,084,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcissus23 View Post
Actually I date a Persian woman. Would say I am not a bigot. Although I do find from dating a Persian that most Persian have a strong distaste for Africans. Africans are probably one of the most looked down upon races on the planet by all the other races. I wonder why that is. My grandmother started the civil right movement in a south Georgia county back in 1963, and I was raised a catholic. We had all races in our church, but the southern Baptist are about the most racists as they come. My neighbors church would not even let blacks in. My father is a retired professor of biology, and I have a master in Economics. I am so sick of the black people calling white people racist. I have many black educated friends, and the bulk of the black population embarrasses them.
Shoving a stick into a persian woman or any other than white does not excuse you from your bigotory thoughts. I know of a white man whois married to a mediterainian lady and yet calls Blacks the "N" word and call Chinese people "Ch!nks". your point??

So by your logic, if theres a civilisation that are less technically advance, it gives another civilistion the right to conquer those people? Do you even know what RESPECT means?? And you came from what church?? Was it a klan member for a priest??

Old 07-12-2009, 12:50 AM

39,031 posts, read 22,983,871 times
Quote:
If you have time for a read, then care to read this. Perhaps that would better educate your understanding. Which would also answer a portion to your oversimplified question.

White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack by Peggy McIntosh
Originally posted by Davey123
I'm sorry but I do not buy the whole "white priviledge" dogma that was spoon fed to me in graduate school. Just because I am white does not mean that I have never faced discrimination or that I am somehow priviledged. In fact, I have faced more discrimination than most folks would ever know due to an observable disability and due to growing up in a neighborhood that was predominantly black and hispanic. Am I supposed to feel priviledge because my skin tone has very minimal pigmentation? Give me a freakin' break!

Old 07-12-2009, 01:09 AM

258 posts, read 442,651 times
Quote:
Shoving a stick into a persian woman or any other than white does not excuse you from your bigotory thoughts. I know of a white man whois married to a mediterainian lady and yet calls Blacks the "N" word and call Chinese people "Ch!nks". your point??

So by your logic, if theres a civilisation that are less technically advance, it gives another civilistion the right to conquer those people? Do you even know what RESPECT means?? And you came from what church?? Was it a klan member for a priest??

Sound like you are a black person my educated black friends would be embarrassed of!!!!!!!!!!! America would not be free if it were not for our military might. Nuclear weapons keep us a feared country around the world, and a respected country. Our technological military advange over the rest of the world keeps our country dominant. Not our respect. White people founded the America that is now, and control it. They allow the black people, and other races to be equals because we know it is right, not because we have to.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I'm sorry but I do not buy the whole "white priviledge" dogma that was spoon fed to me in graduate school. Just because I am white does not mean that I have never faced discrimination or that I am somehow priviledged. In fact, I have faced more discrimination than most folks would ever know due to an observable disability and due to growing up in a neighborhood that was predominantly black and hispanic. Am I supposed to feel priviledge because my skin tone has very minimal pigmentation? Give me a freakin' break!
Do you think you would be less descriminated in an exclusively white neighbourhood, even with observable disability?

Now if you read two or so post above and see Narcissus23 post, He says that the reason less civilised nations such as the native Indians and Africans got conquered was their lack of advancement, rendering them weak and easy to conquer by the whites. And so because of your disability, do you think you would be treated any better by your own kind?? According to Narcissus23, not so.

Let me ask you this, do you hold any hope in how those Blacks and Hispanics would change how they feel about you because of your pale complexion??

Old 07-12-2009, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomalhaut View Post
Sound like you are a black person my educated black friends would be embarrassed of!!!!!!!!!!! America would not be free if it were not for our military might. Nuclear weapons keep us a feared country around the world, and a respected country. Our technological military advange over the rest of the world keeps our country dominant. Not our respect. White people founded the America that is now, and control it. They allow the black people, and other races to be equals because we know it is right, not because we have to.
And which Klan or supremacy group did you come from?? Are you from the hood too?

Old 07-12-2009, 01:25 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,147,906 times
Honestly, I do wonder why some civilizations are so much more advanced than others. It is mind boggling how some are still in the "stone age", as compared to other more advanced civilizations. I wonder why that is? Any ideas? I vaugely remember a program I saw some years back, linking climates & advanced civilizations...?

Old 07-12-2009, 01:29 AM

33 posts, read 96,784 times
If not racism, there will be some kind of "ism". Human nature will always be the same. People always look at other people who are different from them. Some like the contrast, some hate the contrast. That's human nature, too. Everybody's mixed, to the bright guy who commented on the races being mixed in another 100 years. All races came from the San tribe in Africa, otherwise known as the Bushmen with the big buttocks, yellow brown skin and slanting eyes. Go read National Geographic's DNA research. It's quite interesting. It tooks many moons for the races as we know them to evolve. The only thing that didn't evolve was human nature. Some people in your neighborhood are probably sleeping with their sisters. And they don't even have to live in West Virginia. Anyway, racism is tiresome, but something for adults to be aware of as they bring up their children.

Old 07-12-2009, 01:33 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,147,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogwood757 View Post
If not racism, there will be some kind of "ism". Human nature will always be the same. People always look at other people who are different from them. Some like the contrast, some hate the contrast. That's human nature, too. Everybody's mixed, to the bright guy who commented on the races being mixed in another 100 years. All races came from the San tribe in Africa, otherwise known as the Bushmen with the big buttocks, yellow brown skin and slanting eyes. Go read National Geographic's DNA research. It's quite interesting. It tooks many moons for the races as we know them to evolve. The only thing that didn't evolve was human nature. Some people in your neighborhood are probably sleeping with their sisters. And they don't even have to live in West Virginia. Anyway, racism is tiresome, but something for adults to be aware of as they bring up their children.

If all races on earth came from the San tribe in Africa, why are so many so advanced,while the tribe remains so UNadvanced?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies