Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 10:27 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times

Advertisements

A couple tidbits I pulled out of your tome.

Quote:
Polar bears go extinct
Except.. they aren't going extinct. They are in fact increasing in numbers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/c...-warmists.html

Quote:
But one of the world's leading experts on polar bears has been told to stay away from this week's meeting, specifically because his views on global warming do not accord with those of the rest of the group.

Dr Mitchell Taylor has been researching the status and management of polar bears in Canada and around the Arctic Circle for 30 years, as both an academic and a government employee. More than once since 2006 he has made headlines by insisting that polar bear numbers, far from decreasing, are much higher than they were 30 years ago. Of the 19 different bear populations, almost all are increasing or at optimum levels, only two have for local reasons modestly declined.
Is this how science should be viewed according to you? If an renowned expert and his opinion differs from the GW-alarmist agenda - make sure he doesn't get to speak?

Quote:
However, few other people will get to hear about Taylor’s work because he has been banned from involvement at the upcoming Copenhagen “climate change” conference, because his conclusions don’t fit with the pre-determined mantra that “global warming” is killing polar bears.
Quote:
You can't pour trillions of tons of toxins into the land and the oceans for 60 years and not expect for there to be widespread destruction.
Can you point me to this destruction you are talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 10:33 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Enough with the rampant paranoia. What is meant by "global governance" is global awareness and structural change--the way we do business and craft policy-- that acknowledges the imperative of environmental awareness on all levels and that works to ensure a healthy planet for future generations. There is no secret and nefarious super-plot among all governments to . . . what exactly? Dominate the world by environmental action?

This obsession with Al Gore is beyond ridiculous. The guy makes a movie and those who are ignorant about climate change think he's behind it. Talk about partisan neurosis.

Wealth redistribution? You mean stopping the wealthy and powerful from trashing the planet by putting restraints on their plundering activities?

Get real.
I think that some of us need to get out the old dictionary and find what those two words, global governance, coupled together surely mean. United Nations is looking for that very thing and Algore is willing to take part with them since they have been his employers in working for global warming.

Seriously, you need to look up those words and try to get the lib shield down when you read about them.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:42 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,276,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Except.. they aren't going extinct. They are in fact increasing dramatically in numbers.

On polar bears:

Most Polar Bears Gone By 2050, Studies Say

Yes, I could point you to that destruction, but you would need to be more specific. It's happening everywhere. And, in any case, you would just assert that it was all a lie and part of a grand Gore-induced conspiracy. In short, in order to become educated on what is happening to this planet--as the result of our arrogance, ignorance, and just downright stupidity--you have to take the time to read some books and journals. I've always thought that people with children, especially, should be concerned.

But just for . . . whatever:

Coral reef destruction? (Coral reefs aren't just pretty: they are absolutely vital to an ocean's ecosystem.)

Fisheries depletion?

Overfishing: a threat to marine biodiversity

Coal mining?

Coal and Global Warming FAQ | Union of Concerned Scientists

GMOs?

Protect Our Food | Take the Harm Out of Pharma Crops | Union of Concerned Scientists

Vandana Shiva On the Dangers of GMOs | Food Renegade

MTR?

Mountain Justice - What is Mountain Top Removal Mining?

NRDC: No More Mountaintop Removal

Deforestation?

Deforestation

Deforestation (http://www.umich.edu/~gs265/society/deforestation.htm - broken link)

Ocean Pollution?

Ocean Pollution Worsens and Spreads | Worldwatch Institute (http://www.worldwatch.org/node/5474 - broken link)

The Great Pacific Garbage Patch:

The World's Largest Dump: The Great Pacific Garbage Patch | Ocean | DISCOVER Magazine

YouTube - World biggest garbage dump - plastic in the Ocean

Old 07-11-2009, 10:43 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Except.. they aren't going extinct. They are in fact increasing in numbers.

Polar bear expert barred by global warmists - Telegraph

Is this how science should be viewed according to you? If an renowned expert and his opinion differs from the GW-alarmist agenda - make sure he doesn't get to speak?

What you are pointing out here is just what is happening in the halls of our Congress. Only one party can discuss and of course we know which one that is. It is the way that totalitarian systems work. There will be no kind of discourse from the other side once O-bum-a and his czars start running things without the Congress. Only Democrat will be allowed run for public office under them and I really think that O-bum-a did this in years less than we thought it would take.

That SOB, Algore, that you pointed out in the OP has managed to work us into a real hole. I read somewhere tonight, I know where but won't say now, that Ron Paul said there were 15 - 20 Dems in the House that voted yes on Crap and Tax and if the 8 Republicans hadn't gone along others would have voted yes. They were organized so some of them who didn't vote yes would have taken a chance with re-election if they had to in order to pass that piece of Democrat crap. We may be talking like this for just a few more months and some czar will shut us up. Shut down places like this or come out after those who speak out against the one party government.

Here comes know so little "Moving On" talking about us being fools for seeing what is happening to us. Isn't paranoia his favorite word.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:43 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
"Global governance: The Ultimate Goal..."

More hysterical paranoia and conjecture from bitter right-wingers.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:44 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Quote:
On polar bears:
That's a bit old. THE leading expert on polar bears says they are increasing in numbers.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
What you are pointing out here is just what is happening in the halls of our Congress. Only one party can discuss and of course we know which one that is. It is the way that totalitarian systems work. There will be no kind of discourse from the other side once O-bum-a and his czars start running things without the Congress. Only Democrat will be allowed run for public office under them and I really think that O-bum-a did this in years less than we thought it would take.

That SOB, Algore, that you pointed out in the OP has managed to work us into a real hole. I read somewhere tonight, I know where but won't say now, that Ron Paul said there were 15 - 20 Dems in the House that voted yes on Crap and Tax and if the 8 Republicans hadn't gone along others would have voted yes. They were organized so some of them who didn't vote yes would have taken a chance with re-election if they had to in order to pass that piece of Democrat crap. We may be talking like this for just a few more months and some czar will shut us up. Shut down places like this or come out after those who speak out against the one party government.

Here comes know so little "Moving On" talking about us being fools for seeing what is happening to us. Isn't paranoia his favorite word.
Whatever. I tried.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:52 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Ah..GMO food..nectar of the unknowing.

You do know that Obama appointed a former Monsanto exec to the FDA don't you ?

Only it happens that his profile on the FDA site must have forgotten that he worked there because there is no mention of his tenure at Monsanto.
Here's a guy that was FDA to Monsanto back to FDA.

Give it time..before you know it Roundup will be declared organic and safe to drink.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Told ya..can't separate the science from the politics.
Anything scientific that has happened in the past few years doesn't count.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Ah..GMO food..nectar of the unknowing.

You do know that Obama appointed a former Monsanto exec to the FDA don't you ?

Only it happens that his profile on the FDA site must have forgotten that he worked there because there is no mention of his tenure at Monsanto.
Here's a guy that was FDA to Monsanto back to FDA.

Give it time..before you know it Roundup will be declared organic and safe to drink.
Yes, I know. In fact, I am quite unhappy with many of Obama's appointments.

Round-Up is one of the most lethal substances there is. I cannot believe that people put it on their lawns. It kills everything. American lawns are pretty much simulacra of lawns: dead earth that looks pretty. And then it all washes off into the sewer systems, which funnel it out to the oceans. There are no filters in sewage systems.

EPA > Watersheds > "After The Storm" > What is Stormwater Runoff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies