Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 09:54 PM

195 posts, read 127,642 times

Advertisements

These are not just the philosophical musings of a new attorney general. Holder, 58, may be on the verge of asserting his independence in a profound way. Four knowledgeable sources tell NEWSWEEK that he is now leaning toward appointing a prosecutor to investigate the Bush administration's brutal interrogation practices, something the president has been reluctant to do.Holder Now Leaning Toward Investigating Bush Admin's Torture Policy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2009, 09:56 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Good for him. This will allow Obama to mostly stay out of it.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:01 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times
Good point, things are going to get a bit testy with our republican friends...

Old 07-11-2009, 10:23 PM

689 posts, read 743,016 times
Well why not? Let's spend some more money on something that will mean nothing when it's all said and done.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:25 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,034 times
Default This moron's still around?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm666 View Post
These are not just the philosophical musings of a new attorney general. Holder, 58, may be on the verge of asserting his independence in a profound way. Four knowledgeable sources tell NEWSWEEK that he is now leaning toward appointing a prosecutor to investigate the Bush administration's brutal interrogation practices, something the president has been reluctant to do.Holder Now Leaning Toward Investigating Bush Admin's Torture Policy
I guess this racist moron needs a little publicity.

I'm a little stumped why people who have been great supporters of Obama have not yet realized that there is more to this situation that we are in (in relation to the war on terror).

Obama is now the President...He is now a different person than Obama the candidate. And, this is from the fact that he has now been fully advised of what really has been going on in this terrorist war.

Yes folks - There are intelligence secrets that show a far harsher reality. And, Obama is acting like a responsible President...A responsible leader.

He had a wake-up call.

No one likes the idea of torture. But. apparently President Obama now sees things in a different light - Now that he has been fully advised of the situation.

And, I am sure that he now appreciates a little more what Bush had to contend with - Without precedence.

Idealism is far different than reality folks.

Holder is simply showing his incompetence....Or throwing a tissy-fit because he's out of the loop.

And, I suspect, it's the same with Pelosi, who seems to be getting more frantic by the day.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:37 PM

689 posts, read 743,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
I guess this racist moron needs a little publicity.

I'm a little stumped why people who have been great supporters of Obama have not yet realized that there is more to this situation that we are in (in relation to the war on terror).

Obama is now the President...He is now a different person than Obama the candidate. And, this is from the fact that he has now been fully advised of what really has been going on in this terrorist war.

Yes folks - There are intelligence secrets that show a far harsher reality. And, Obama is acting like a responsible President...A responsible leader.

He had a wake-up call.

No one likes the idea of torture. But. apparently President Obama now sees things in a different light - Now that he has been fully advised of the situation.

And, I am sure that he now appreciates a little more what Bush had to contend with - Without precedence.

Idealism is far different than reality folks.

Holder is simply showing his incompetence....Or throwing a tissy-fit because he's out of the loop.

And, I suspect, it's the same with Pelosi, who seems to be getting more frantic by the day.
I completely agree.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:39 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Bring it on. Every knows obama is behind this.

Last time he tangled with Cheney, he lost big time. Cheney made him look like the fool he is.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:00 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Last time he tangled with Cheney, he lost big time. Cheney made him look like the fool he is.
You talking about Shooter?

Old 07-11-2009, 11:09 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Your obsessive hatred of Obama approaches the pathological.

Old 07-11-2009, 11:10 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
You talking about Shooter?
Isn't it amazing how some people defend a worm like him?

The Truth About Richard Bruce Cheney

My investigations have revealed to me--vividly and clearly--that once the Abu Ghraib photographs were made public in the Spring of 2004, the CIA, its contractors, and everyone else involved in administering "the Cheney methods of interrogation", simply shut down. Nada. Nothing. No torture or harsh techniques were employed by any U.S. interrogator. Period. People were too frightened by what might happen to them if they continued.

What I am saying is that no torture or harsh interrogation techniques were employed by any U.S. interrogator for the entire second term of Cheney-Bush, 2005-2009. So, if we are to believe the protestations of Dick Cheney, that Obama's having shut down the "Cheney interrogation methods" will endanger the nation, what are we to say to Dick Cheney for having endangered the nation for the last four years of his vice presidency?

The Truth About Richard Bruce Cheney - The Washington Note
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies