Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 02:20 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Is there an excuse for this one?
Green Beret electrocuted in shower on Iraq base

Green Beret electrocuted in shower on Iraq base - CNN.com

or this...

Whistleblowers' stomach-curdling story:
Halliburton serves contaminated water to troops

Halliburton Watch
I must insist that some of you people actually look at the links in opening posts. In the case of this post a link was given for a message from a committee of the House of Representatives that had a 2004 date on it.

Then in this post one that had a 2005 was used and probably would have excited all those that didn't read the date.

The other worst of the group was a May 2008 story about a thing that happened in the first week of January of 2008.

Too many of you have no idea that these stories are 5, 4 and 1 1/2 years old and are responding as if they are new. I hope that most of you know that today in Iraq there aren't many American soldiers and that there aren't many neighborhoods where things are so tough that people abandon a truck.

Keeeeeerist A'mighty, it seems so silly that this kind of responding takes place but it just goes on and on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 02:24 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Because none of the soldiers have the balls to shoot the real enemy.
Then perhaps you should take your over-sized (in your own mind) huevos over there and show those puny soldiers how it's done.

Let me know when so I can reserve a ring-side seat.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:27 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I must insist that some of you people actually look at the links in opening posts. In the case of this post a link was given for a message from a committee of the House of Representatives that had a 2004 date on it.

Then in this post one that had a 2005 was used and probably would have excited all those that didn't read the date.

The other worst of the group was a May 2008 story about a thing that happened in the first week of January of 2008.

Too many of you have no idea that these stories are 5, 4 and 1 1/2 years old and are responding as if they are new. I hope that most of you know that today in Iraq there aren't many American soldiers and that there aren't many neighborhoods where things are so tough that people abandon a truck.

Keeeeeerist A'mighty, it seems so silly that this kind of responding takes place but it just goes on and on.
Please, you cannot be that obtuse. Because the incidences did not occur today negates them and makes them less relevant? Tell that to the family of the deceased Green Beret. Yes, we should have investigated, tried and punished The Bush/Cheney Crime Family long before now, that I do agree with.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:55 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Please, you cannot be that obtuse. Because the incidences did not occur today negates them and makes them less relevant? Tell that to the family of the deceased Green Beret. Yes, we should have investigated, tried and punished The Bush/Cheney Crime Family long before now, that I do agree with.
Talking about those stories as if they took place yesterday is just not very truthful. The one this thread is based on is over 5 years old and about a time when most of Iraq was a very dangerous place to be. Today it isn't like that but they do still have some explosions. Those people are willing to kill all of their own if that will make some of them happy. We should get off trying so hard to kill our own so long after the fact.

One of my old students, (left high school in 1977) told me a couple of years ago that if I ever get to Dallas to come and see the house that Cheney built. He has worked for Halliburton about 20 years on one of their big salaries. I guess he should tear down that house, fill in the pond, and move to some slum in Dallas, but don't think he will soon be doing that since he likes to live the good life. Somebody has to work for Halliburton or they wouldn't be able to stay in business.

Old 07-12-2009, 03:02 PM

1,465 posts, read 4,059,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Talking about those stories as if they took place yesterday is just not very truthful. The one this thread is based on is over 5 years old and about a time when most of Iraq was a very dangerous place to be. Today it isn't like that but they do still have some explosions. Those people are willing to kill all of their own if that will make some of them happy. We should get off trying so hard to kill our own so long after the fact.

One of my old students, (left high school in 1977) told me a couple of years ago that if I ever get to Dallas to come and see the house that Cheney built. He has worked for Halliburton about 20 years on one of their big salaries. I guess he should tear down that house, fill in the pond, and move to some slum in Dallas, but don't think he will soon be doing that since he likes to live the good life. Somebody has to work for Halliburton or they wouldn't be able to stay in business.
each of us wants a good life...some of us are honest and hard working...some of us are not honest about achieving it...

Old 07-12-2009, 04:44 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,080,865 times
Quote:
THAT is true....but unfortunately that real enemy is sitting in an office chair in the U.S. under the a/c pinching his secretary on the butt and sliming around on the golf course in the afternoon.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:48 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
There may be some reason for this. Think about this- you are driving through a dangerous neighbourhood at night and you get a flat. How do you feel? Now imagine a neighbourhood 100 times more dangerous than that! How do you think the truck driver feels? Do you want them to risk their lives trying to change a flat with people all around that want to kill them? Lives are not worth a truck.
Oh sure, there is a reason for it. They can turn around and charge the government for a whole new truck, instead of just a tire.

As a matter of fact, I served in Iraq in the airborne infantry. 2/325 AIR, 82nd Airborne Division to be more specific. I've driven through those streets under fire. Do you know what we did when one of our vehicles became diabled? We towed it! Do you know why? Because we would have been court martialed for leaving a vehicle behind because it had a flat tire!

Funny how the standards are different when someone stands to make a buck...

Old 07-12-2009, 07:56 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
For those of you who think that I am wrong about the need to cut military spending, here is a report you may want to look at. The amount of waste going on with our military spending is staggering. We can't afford health care for our children, but we will pay Haliburton to abandon $85,000 trucks when they get a flat tire.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...N9lyfnt7udn8AA
Ummm,what would you propose they do,hang around?
This report was from 2004,the war was pretty hot at that time.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:57 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
actually people are stepping up but they are just ignored by the media and made fun of by everyone else. they are called TEA PARTYS quit whining and join

Old 07-12-2009, 08:00 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,029,439 times
Quote:
there are some lines you should not cross and you just have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies