Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 09:40 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,016,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
Both the right and left are dishonest.
It took a lot of bravery to take on the insane task of cleaning up the eight-year mess GWB has left behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 09:43 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,792,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
let's us know of those products and stores...I am tired of seeing "made in somewhere else"
There are entire websites....

I have American made jeans,American made boots,American made shirts...

Old 07-12-2009, 09:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,125,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougar31 View Post
let's us know of those products and stores...I am tired of seeing "made in somewhere else"
I found some for you:
Still Made in USA.com - American-Made Products for Home and Family
American Made Products and/or Services Made in USA
Toys Made In America -- Extensive List of American Toy Companies

Old 07-12-2009, 09:57 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,309,340 times
I was looking for some socks and that first site has them for cheap.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:03 PM

7,785 posts, read 7,989,113 times
Thanks i'm cooking ribs and could'nt google made in USA i can buy USA products locally in Cortez CO

Old 07-12-2009, 10:16 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,256,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
mmmm....shrimp lo mein....
And don't leave anything on your plate - There are children in China who need work.

Old 07-12-2009, 10:50 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,496,294 times
At the rate Obama is spending wityh no reswults it going to be a long slow path back with many areas never recovering really.Looking even at the markets we are back to where we were when he was elected ;muich more in debt to china and higher unemployment. I see no economist saying that its not a long flat recovery nationally now. Things like housing may never recover and certainly credit is changed for a very lo0ng time. Many will be cash and carry in two years as thier credit crashes.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:48 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,016,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
And don't leave anything on your plate - There are children in China who need work.
mmm...children.....

Old 07-13-2009, 04:09 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,751,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
There are entire websites....

I have American made jeans,American made boots,American made shirts...

Thanks to Tom DeLay and the Republicans, there's really no way of knowing where those clothes were made. Did you know that clothes made in the Mariana Islands can legally be labeled as "Made in the U.S.A?" These clothes are made in sweat shops by actual slave labor. Yes, slave labor - people who were told they were getting on a boat to the "U.S.A." and actually end up on an island, with no option of leaving.

Thanks Tom Delay and Jack Abramoff!!!

The Abramoff-DeLay-Mariana Islands Connection : NPR
Slave labor: made in the U.S.A.: under the influence of disgraced super-lobbyist Jack Abramoff, former House Majority Whip Tom DeLay became an apologist for slave labor camps—on American soil | New American, The | Find Articles at BNET

Old 07-13-2009, 06:35 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,751,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
I was looking for some socks and that first site has them for cheap.
I find it interesting that a lot of the people that espouse the whole " Buy American " philosophy also espouse a staunch individualism that says that if people can't make the most of the opportunities available here in America, let them have poor health care, or let them live in a tent. You know people, you can't have cheap American products AND every man for himself. In order for those products to be cheap, people have to get paid $hitty wages to make those products. And the people that get paid minimum wage so you can have cheap, American-made socks need to have a minimal standard of living that includes being able to go to a doctor and live in a house. How do conservatives suggest we have both of these things: affordable American-made products AND staunch individualism that leaves these same workers living in poverty? Not everyone can be a success in this world, and those "non-successful" people deserve the basics of food, clothing, shelter and minumum health standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies