U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Agree or disagree: There is nothing good about President Obama. He's not doing anything right.
Strongly agree 20 35.09%
Mostly agree 6 10.53%
Somewhat agree 2 3.51%
Neither agree nor disagree 2 3.51%
Somewhat disagree 3 5.26%
Mostly disagree 8 14.04%
Strongly disagree 16 28.07%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 02:17 PM

26,684 posts, read 26,320,184 times

Advertisements

With all of the complaints about Obama on this forum, I'm wondering how much of it is rational concern and how much is irrational partisanship.

If you dislike him, can you name anything about him that you do like?

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 07-13-2009 at 02:54 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 02:22 PM

23,837 posts, read 21,030,779 times
I think he has good intentions. However, good intentions don't mean you're doing what's right. I find it deplorable that, even as our deficits reach historical proportions, he carries forward with his ambitious agenda. It's almost as if he has a problem putting everything on hold until we get this nation back on the right track economically. And for that reason, I find very much fault in Obama.

For the naysayers, there has been no proof, beyond rhetoric and creative accounting, to suggest that his agenda will put us back in the black again. Even Congress has had trouble coming to terms with the spending.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I find it deplorable that, even as our deficits reach historical proportions, he carries forward with his ambitious agenda. It's almost as if he has a problem putting everything on hold until we get this nation back on the right track economically. And for that reason, I find very much fault in Obama.
What are you talking about, exactly? The economy has to be dealt with pretty immediately. If you're talking about health care, the changes don't have to happen immediately. Legislation can be passed that contains incremental changes. It doesn't have to be a dramatic overhaul.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:25 PM

7,946 posts, read 15,788,372 times
Obama relies too much on idealism. His intentions are good, but history has showed time and time again that good intentions don't always work out in reality.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:27 PM

5,165 posts, read 5,567,359 times
His foreign policy rhetoric is obviously less inflamatory then the previous administration's. However his actions are no different. And I cannot understand why there is not more outrage over the continuation of neocon foreign policy.

Domestically he has done nothing right because nothing has changed. From Warrentless wiretapping to incredible deficits and debt to more big Government wasteful programs; domestically he is a failure.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:32 PM

23,837 posts, read 21,030,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What are you talking about, exactly? The economy has to be dealt with pretty immediately. If you're talking about health care, the changes don't have to happen immediately. Legislation can be passed that contains incremental changes. It doesn't have to be a dramatic overhaul.
The world will not end tomorrow if Cap and Trade does not pass.

Doctors and patients will not keel over tomorrow if health care reform is not passed.

"Immediately" is relative. The health care reform package as it stands now is set to cost $1 Trillion over 10 years. In the grand scheme, 10 years is pretty immediate in my opinion. Especially when most analaysts concur that unemployment and this recession is not expected to stabilize for a couple of those years. In other words, big spending when this locomotive is way off the tracks simply does not makes sense, in my opinion.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:33 PM

769 posts, read 819,490 times
Though I disagree with much of Obama's ideology, I think he handled the Somali pirate fiasco excellently and was upset that conservative commentators refused to give him due credit. Makes them look just as bad as the liberal commentators when they would refuse to give Bush any credit out of spite, which is counter-productive to everyone [spite].

Old 07-13-2009, 02:33 PM

9,274 posts, read 24,432,769 times
Domestically he has a bad case of A.D.D.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:34 PM

8,640 posts, read 8,356,511 times
It is not irrational partisanship to think this usuper has done nothing right because his massive spending, sucking up to our enemies and denegrating America on foreign soil will all bring harm to America.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
His foreign policy rhetoric is obviously less inflamatory then the previous administration's. However his actions are no different. And I cannot understand why there is not more outrage over the continuation of neocon foreign policy.
I think the frustration is there, but for now, my sense is that those who feel strongly about it are holding back, hoping that things change.

Quote:
Domestically he has done nothing right because nothing has changed. From Warrentless wiretapping to incredible deficits and debt to more big Government wasteful programs domestically he is a failure.
The rate of job loss has decreased significantly since January.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/06/bu...my/06jobs.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies