Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2009, 06:23 PM

852 posts, read 1,357,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Either most of the leftists are 100% behind the destruction of this country, or they all have their heads in the sand.
Do you honestly believe this? If so, please provide proof or explanation. I'm a moderate Democrat and have been all my life. I've voted Democrat as well as Republican. Maybe I'm dumb or maybe I need to become an addict or alcoholic to understand your point. More likely, you're reading, listening, and watching way too much Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, and of course, Glenn Beck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 06:25 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,560,898 times
Quote:
I will say this one thing: Either most of the leftists are 100% behind the destruction of this country, or they all have their heads in the sand. Either way, America is doomed. I thank God for people like Glenn Beck.
why do repubs shove patriotism and flag bumper stickers down our throats but hate the US Government?

Old 07-13-2009, 06:27 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,295,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Faux News the worst of the bunch but they are NO 1 in ratings? In fact they are far ahead of your commi networks all combined!!!!

I thought libs did not watch Fox News, guess they do.
How anyone can claim Fox is "the worst of the bunch" is beyond my comprehension. All the others are simply parots of the Democrat Party. No real in depth thought. Whatever Obama or Pelosi says, they're behind it.

I want to barf every time I have to listen to one of these other channels. They fawn over OBama (OB) as though he really is the "Messiah". And of course the Democrats can do no wrong, despite the fact that they have just totally destroyed the economy for years to come, and perhaps destroyed America. Do they care? Aparently not.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:30 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,856,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
I only put the question mark up there because I haven't (thank God) seen every mouth breathing local newsreader/sportsyakker/weather guesser in the country. But really is he just playing dumb (down) to his audience? Are they as dumb as he seem to give them credit for?

Today he goes off about "the weak questioning" of SCOTUS nominee Sonia Sotomayor? Questioning? I didn't see any questioning. I saw the typical first day of this kind of dog and pony show which consists of home state senators getting their camera time and then the other members of the Judiciary Committe getting to make their (equally inane) statements. Oh, wait, I think I heard a member say, "I've got to pee, does anyone else need a potty break". Maybe that was it.

Watching these azz-hats posturing and preening always make me think of the local newscast any time there is any type of disaster anywhere in the world. They will find some way to connect the dots and figure out how to get some local (who probably was on "Cops" last year getting busted for wife beating) on air for five minutes. The connection is usually so tenuous as to be laughable;

"Well Jim Bob, I was devastated to see that hurricane hit India and injure all them poor starvin darkie kids. My cousin Bubba once read a book about India and he saw them same kind of pictures, and he showed me the book. Also I rented "Slumdog Millionaire" so I dont' know why they're poor."

"Thank you madam Justice. You know I once did my homework in the kitchen, and I went to a fancy Ivy League college (legacy) too. Therefor you and I have a lot in common. Were you a tri-delt?"

See the similarities?

golfgod
Sorry, but I would have to say Obama is the dumbest TV personality. Oh wait, he's the president isn't he? Obama is on TV so much with his lame speeches that I mistook him for a dumb TV personality. My mistake.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:33 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,560,898 times
Quote:
How anyone can claim Fox is "the worst of the bunch" is beyond my comprehension. All the others are simply parots of the Democrat Party. No real in depth thought. Whatever Obama or Pelosi says, they're behind it.

I want to barf every time I have to listen to one of these other channels. They fawn over OBama (OB) as though he really is the "Messiah". And of course the Democrats can do no wrong, despite the fact that they have just totally destroyed the economy for years to come, and perhaps destroyed America. Do they care? Aparently not.
calm down faux outrage watcher... were you that angry about bush's spending during the last 8 years? who raised non-discresionary spending (spending not on the military) more than any president in the last 35 years? Georgie that's who, who was it before him? Ray-gun... of course,

you do realise that georgie expanded the federal gov't you hate so much more than Clinton or Carter did, don't you? it's a fact.

repubs: the party that talks fiscal conservatism but never practices it.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:33 PM

3,109 posts, read 9,836,023 times
Quote:

Amen to all you said!!

Old 07-13-2009, 06:34 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Beck is brilliant! He is not some hotty tottie college trained kid - but, he is sure smarter than they are!

Those who criticize him have not really listened to him - or read his books - or listened to his ... "predictions". He had the crashing economy PEGGED four years before anyone would even admit there was the slightest possibility of a problem! People called him a "Kook" for even making such "ridiculous" predictions - Glenn Beck showed them ALL to be wrong.

He is about COMMON SENSE - and the book, by the same title, is great. EVERYONE, Conservative or Liberal or Libertarian should really read it.

Hannity is not even close to being in Beck's league - not even close.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:37 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
I Love Glenn Beck. He is a Libertarians Libertarian.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:38 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,085,580 times
There was a reporter that went to the streets questioning obama sheep if they agreed with the things Beck wrote in his book. They ALL agreed and were very shocked it was from Beck.

Old 07-13-2009, 06:39 PM

9,273 posts, read 26,486,142 times
He's in the middle. An aspect board bloggers can't comprehend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies