Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you miss George W Bush?
Yes, Bush was a great president! 7 6.14%
Yes, Bush did a fine job. 30 26.32%
No opinion 3 2.63%
I wasn't too crazy about Bush 74 64.91%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 06:35 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I was talking about Bush, btw.

When a disaster destroys multiple states and cities simultaneously, incapacitating city governments, it's time for the feds to step in and help.

Thankfully, Bush appointed a good buddy with vast horse experience and who sent joking emails about rolling his sleeves up to make it look like he was working hard.

Old news, but the blood of over 1,000 people cannot be washed from Bush's hands on that one.

And yet still partisans gloss over the gross ineptitude of a democratic governor and a democrat mayor who allowed - no, set the ball of destruction rolling! Did W not make people evacuate NO? Did W stash people in a woefully understaffed and under supplied sports arena? Did W allow for hundreds of school buses to stay parked in a lot rather then use them to evacuate those citizens without a car? Did W refuse the assistance of LA National Guard on several occasions over a period of several days?

There is a protocol that must be followed and the federal government cannot willfully invade - yes it would be called invade - a state even if its governor has her head up her azz. Had W made that call I can assure you that we would be hearing all about that racist sob W who couldn't trust that a Latina Female governor could take of her state during an emergency and that W couldn't trust that black mayor of a major city could be a capable manager of NO.

I know I've pointed these things out many times, yet you keep on ignoring them and clinging to the myth that W happily let black folks die -- maybe you should consider getting your civics lessons from someone other then Kanye West.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 06:38 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I would like people who actually think Bush was a good President to list the reasons they think this. Talking tough and looking the part no more makes a good President than speeches Obama give make him a good President (and at least he can speak without butchering the English language, like his predecessor did)

We saw record job losses under Bush, he tripled the size of the federal government (real conservative) he spent like a drunken sailor and racked up an incredible debt, he ignored Afghanistan to invade Iraq and Iraq never attacked us or even posed even a remote threat to the United States. He circumvented the U.S. Constitution with a record number of "signing statements" and he illegally spied on the American people.

His wars have led to the deaths of between 500,000 and 1,000,000 people and the world hates America much like its does the Bush Administration's closest ally for 8 years, Israel.

He made himself look like a fool everytime he opened his mouth, and his polices led to a financial earthquake still felt round the world, right along with the war and misery and over 4 million refugee's in Iraq.

And dont forget his constant fixation on Iraq and daily warning of dire threats posed by Saddam Hussein when he posed no threat and over 3000 Americans were killed by Al Qaeda, who's leader he allowed to escape from Tora Bora and remains free today. And those are just his most egregious offenses, he has a laundry list of lesser offenses

So perhaps someone can list what he did that really makes you like what he accomplished in 8 years, and why we are better off after 8 years of him?
Wonderful post and you hit the nail on the head!
Bush was not a good president and while he may still be considered an ardent republican I can assure you that the man is no conservative.
I'm glad he is gone and while I may not be a fan of Obamas spending I will say that it will take potentially both of Obamas terms to correct the mistakes W made. Now I can only hope that Obama sees what happens when spending enormous amounts of money that the nation does not have leads to.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:58 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Can't say I agree with you.

And "I wasn't too crazy about Bush"? That's would be a big understatement. I think that most Americans would agree with me considering he left office with an approval rating of about 25%.

Pollster.com: National Job Approval: President George W. Bush
Ditto-----------and I am a registered Republican to boot.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:16 PM

1,374 posts, read 1,304,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
That skinny wimp geek sure kicked the crap out of the republicans in the last elections.
Yea thanks to ACORN and the fools who bought into his Change, which was actually for the worst!

Old 07-15-2009, 09:18 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Wow, do I miss the good old days of Bush. All this Nobama bailouts and....hey, wait a minute, that began with Bush.

Never mind.

Old 07-15-2009, 10:41 PM

711 posts, read 933,033 times
I think the OP may benefit by gathering info. available on the Bush clan from the beginning. Perhaps his views would become more realistic as the dots connect, maybe not.

I know Bush was elected not once but twice. That in itself explains a lot about Americans in general. If he could run again he would probably garner many votes. Not mine, however.

Indeed, this is an indicator of US voter mentality.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:08 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,926,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Ditto-----------and I am a registered Republican to boot.
Agreed completely, though I am not a registered Republican or Democrat. Bush was a disaster and Obama is even worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies