U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you miss George W Bush?
Yes, Bush was a great president! 7 6.14%
Yes, Bush did a fine job. 30 26.32%
No opinion 3 2.63%
I wasn't too crazy about Bush 74 64.91%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 12:31 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,254,883 times

Advertisements

This is not meant to be a flaming thread. Take your personal hate for Bush out of here.

Do you, in the light of everything Obama is failing at fixing in this economy (and actually making it a hell of a lot worse), miss the George W administration?

I miss the guy tremendously. I may be young at 24, but I miss the guy's down to earth nature and confident attitude. His public speaking ability may have been hit or miss, but overall, I believe he spoke with his heart. He truly believed that what he was doing was the right thing to do.

I realize there is a truck load of complaints from the libs out there about us attacking the wrong country. However, Iraq did, at one point in time, have WMD's. Whether or not this fact was still a reality under the Bush administration remains a controversy. However, the important thing to remember is that Bush firmly believed in eradication of hostile threats to the United States and all freedom loving countries. He was willing to do everything it takes to get rid the global terrorist threat that jeopardizes everyone who believe in freedom. Bush was a warm, genuine man, unlike Obama, who leaves me personally feeling cold and insecure about our future.

To any extent, I really believe Bush did the right thing for this country. His adminstration may have made mistakes, but those were not directly Bush's fault. You have US intelligence to blame for most of the blunders under the Bush adminstration.

Bush, however, will go down in history as one of our great presidents. Maybe not now, maybe not a year from now, but give it some time and we will all miss the man.

God bless G.W. Bush

Funny Bush youtube clip
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 12:36 AM

26,684 posts, read 27,102,714 times
Can't say I agree with you.

And "I wasn't too crazy about Bush"? That's would be a big understatement. I think that most Americans would agree with me considering he left office with an approval rating of about 25%.

http://www.pollster.com/polls/us/jobapproval-bush.php

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 07-14-2009 at 01:23 AM..

Old 07-14-2009, 12:50 AM

19,889 posts, read 17,711,927 times
Bush did some things right and some things wrong but he wasn't as good as his supporters think or as bad as his detractors paint him.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:24 AM

24,630 posts, read 26,803,704 times
Poll a little biased?

Guess you don't have many friends who died in his ill-conceived wars.
Over 4,300 families have had a loved one die; that doesn't count the 30,000+ severely wounded.
And the economy is in the dumper.

Glad you liked him.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:29 AM

26,684 posts, read 27,102,714 times
I'm reminded of the people who supported Nixon and continued to call him a great President for many years after he resigned in disgrace.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:26 AM

6,236 posts, read 9,024,917 times
When I come to the end of my life, and think of my biggest regrets, voting for that man will be at the top of that list.

He may have been a decent person, but his ineptitude is simply astounding. He was irresponsible with the budget and with our soldiers. He lacked the wisdom and discernment that is essential in a leader. And it's not just libs who dislike him. A lot of conservatives aren't happy with him either (not the neocons--the real, old school conservatives).

I could go on, but I really don't want to think about him anymore today.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:42 AM

2,256 posts, read 6,558,962 times
While I wasn't too crazy about the guy in general, I do believe Bush did what he had to do regardless of what polls said about him to keep America safe. 9/11 marked the first time since Pearl Harbor that we were attacked right here on American soil (minus embassy bombings etc. in other countries). Whether all the intelligence he received was right or wrong, he flexed America's muscles to show Al-Qaida we will not be terrorized.

I think in time, his approval rating by historians and people will gradually increase.

I may have an unpopular opinion so don't flame me as the OP said.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:53 AM

24,630 posts, read 26,803,704 times
How did he keep us safe?
9/11 happened while he was in office.
After he was warned.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:53 AM

6,236 posts, read 9,024,917 times
Quote:
Originally posted by mgt04
While I wasn't too crazy about the guy in general, I do believe Bush did what he had to do regardless of what polls said about him to keep America safe. 9/11 marked the first time since Pearl Harbor that we were attacked right here on American soil (minus embassy bombings etc. in other countries). Whether all the intelligence he received was right or wrong, he flexed America's muscles to show Al-Qaida we will not be terrorized.

I think in time, his approval rating by historians and people will gradually increase.

I may have an unpopular opinion so don't flame me as the OP said.
I had no problem with Afghanistan, but he shouldn't have diverted his attention from there to Iraq. And if Iraq becomes a healthy Democracy (which I'm rooting for) then his approval rating will likely go up but not by much.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:55 AM

22,598 posts, read 20,496,941 times
We're not still under Bush? I thought Obama was Bush 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies