Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 03:19 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
See this?
Quote:
Nope. No filter on. I'm waiting for the mass of responses that Hannity and O'Reilly get when someone posts a thread on those individuals . Relative to those threads, the response to this question is indeed mere "crickets."

I'm not really sure what kind of gotcha response you're looking for. The question was asked whether liberals follow Maddow / Olbermann / et. al. as much as conservatives follow Beck / Hannity / Limbaugh.

All have answered quite reasonably that the answer is no. There's nothing really more to it. Liberals do tend to seek more balanced views while conservatives tend to reinforce their views. This, I believe, is due to the greater nuance of liberal ideology as opposed to the strict right-or-wrong of conservative ideology.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 03:22 PM

132 posts, read 159,394 times
"haha, me too! I actually read it a few times trying to detect sarcasm.... or maybe catching something I missed. Nope, he's serious"

One day I hope that the Aristotle of our time, Sean Hannity, will deem it necessary to shower your brain with the truth and cleanse your mind with the cerebrum-soap of inner knowledge. But until that day comes, at least I can rest peacefully in the knowledge that Fox will always be there to hold me when I am sad, and to nurse me back to health when I am weak, for that is their function as it is the function of all prophets and great philosophers, such as Glenn Beck.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:26 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,295,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
"haha, me too! I actually read it a few times trying to detect sarcasm.... or maybe catching something I missed. Nope, he's serious"

One day I hope that the Aristotle of our time, Sean Hannity, will deem it necessary to shower your brain with the truth and cleanse your mind with the cerebrum-soap of inner knowledge. But until that day comes, at least I can rest peacefully in the knowledge that Fox will always be there to hold me when I am sad, and to nurse me back to health when I am weak, for that is their function as it is the function of all prophets and great philosophers, such as Glenn Beck.
And even now that it has been revealed as an obvious joke, it's still funny.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:42 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:
The difference is that while liberal idiots like Olbermann tend to PROGRAM MALLEABLE SHEEP MINDS INTO BELIEVING FILTHY LEFTIST PROPAGANDAS, Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck take the opposite approach, and instead GENTLY MASSAGE THE MINDS OF THOSE SEEKING TO BE SHOWN THE TRUTH INTO BELIEVING THAT WHICH IS TRUE. The difference is extremely obvious to anyone who is not brainwashed by the liberal media, but has instead been benevolently brainshowered by the speakers of radiant conservative truth.
Oh COME ON!! This has to be meant as farce. I know I find it hilarious so I'm assuming it was meant to be.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:44 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Crickets.

You won't get liberals to answer this question because they know it will be turned around and used against them. Even libs know that Olberman and Maddow are pieces of sh*t journalists.
How can the liberals answer this question "Do liberals watch Olbermann/Maddow as much as Conservatives watch Hannity/Beck ? ", without knowing how much conservatives watch Hannity/Beck?

You first.

Old 07-14-2009, 03:49 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
The difference is that while liberal idiots like Olbermann tend to PROGRAM MALLEABLE SHEEP MINDS INTO BELIEVING FILTHY LEFTIST PROPAGANDAS, Sean Hannity and Glenn Beck take the opposite approach, and instead GENTLY MASSAGE THE MINDS OF THOSE SEEKING TO BE SHOWN THE TRUTH INTO BELIEVING THAT WHICH IS TRUE. The difference is extremely obvious to anyone who is not brainwashed by the liberal media, but has instead been benevolently brainshowered by the speakers of radiant conservative truth.
that's funny! scary that you actually think that, but funny!

Old 07-14-2009, 04:12 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post

I'm not really sure what kind of gotcha response you're looking for. The question was asked whether liberals follow Maddow / Olbermann / et. al. as much as conservatives follow Beck / Hannity / Limbaugh.

All have answered quite reasonably that the answer is no. There's nothing really more to it. Liberals do tend to seek more balanced views while conservatives tend to reinforce their views. This, I believe, is due to the greater nuance of liberal ideology as opposed to the strict right-or-wrong of conservative ideology.
No "gotcha" response expected. I just find it highly ironic that when a thread concerning Hannity/O'Reilly/Beck is posted, there are dozens of responses within a very short time, most of them castigating Fox News and anyone that gets news from there. I also find it ironic that the liberal camp is consistent in their defense of Olbermann and Maddow everytime a thread denigrating the two is posted. But when a thread is posted asking liberals if they watch Olbermann and Maddow, they don't respond or are reluctant to own up to it. Just an observation. You don't have to agree with me. But it sure is suspicious to me. As I said before, I believe its because libs know it will be turned around and used against them because it doesn't take a genius to realize that both Olbermann and Maddow are pieces of sh*t journalists.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:19 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
No "gotcha" response expected. I just find it highly ironic that when a thread concerning Hannity/O'Reilly/Beck is posted, there are dozens of responses within a very short time, most of them castigating Fox News and anyone that gets news from there. I also find it ironic that the liberal camp is consistent in their defense of Olbermann and Maddow everytime a thread denigrating the two is posted. But when a thread is posted asking liberals if they watch Olbermann and Maddow, they don't respond or are reluctant to own up to it. Just an observation. You don't have to agree with me. But it sure is suspicious to me. As I said before, I believe its because libs know it will be turned around and used against them because it doesn't take a genius to realize that both Olbermann and Maddow are pieces of sh*t journalists.
I don't agree. I don't think it necessarily means anything, and I think Keith can be a little over the top, but I really like Rachel, and I think she's quite smart and logical.

Old 07-14-2009, 04:21 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Quote:

Why is it that you just don't seem to grasp that liberals are different than neo cons. THAT IS WHY THEY ARE LIBERALS. But you fall into the usual neocon way of thinking that; "If I think this way or do things this way then everyone else must too." That is why you guys are going the way of the dinosaur. You just won't understand that not everyone is like you or wants to be like you. Since you spend all your time hating liberals I'd think you'd be glad of this confirmation that they are different than you.

Old 07-14-2009, 05:03 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:

Hehehe.
Love it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies