Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 05:37 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,481,332 times

Advertisements

I've wondered this for a while. Do liberals on this forum listen to their side's commentators as much as conservatives here listen to theirs? Just curious. I didn't want to hijack the Olbermann thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2009, 05:52 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
my question is this. do liberals listen to maddow and olbermann as much as they listen to beck and hannity. if they would support more liberal talking heads, liberal talk radio would be more successful. for some reason, they like to listen to the opposition. I think most liberals think they are "watchdogs."

I choose to ignore both sides.

Old 07-14-2009, 06:10 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
No. Liberals watch Hannity, O-Reilly and Beck and listen to Limbaugh then come on here and cry about them.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:09 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,284,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
I've wondered this for a while. Do liberals on this forum listen to their side's commentators as much as conservatives here listen to theirs? Just curious. I didn't want to hijack the Olbermann thread.
Well, I'm a liberal, and I watch Olbermann and Maddow a couple of times a week. Generally, I don't watch the entire show even then. I don't watch O'Reilly, Beck, et al, at all. I can just as easily read transcripts. The reason I don't watch them is the same reason I watch little of Olbermann; they tend toward hyperbole and polemics, and I don't find that helpful in political discourse.

Perhaps the conservatives who feel moved to comment in this thread could stop bashing the generic liberal, and post a real response instead?

Last edited by Emeraldmaiden; 07-14-2009 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: it needed one more word

Old 07-14-2009, 09:11 AM

551 posts, read 855,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
No. Liberals watch Hannity, O-Reilly and Beck and listen to Limbaugh then come on here and cry about them.
Excellent observation. If it wasn't for the crying liberals, the conservative hosts ratings would be much lower.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:23 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
I watch a little of everything to get a feel for all points of view. I then come to my own conclusions. However, I am usually busy with work, research, family, etc.............., to spend the time bending my mind around one commentator!

Anyone who would actually listen to Rush's three hour show each day, has no life or mind of his/her own!

Old 07-14-2009, 09:37 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,111,175 times
Oh I watch them from time to time. Usually when something strange happens in the news and I want to see what they do with it. But, strangely enough, I think more liberals READ the news in a variety of papers and magazines and then think about what they have read.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:46 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Oh I watch them from time to time. Usually when something strange happens in the news and I want to see what they do with it. But, strangely enough, I think more liberals READ the news in a variety of papers and magazines and then think about what they have read.
That's how I am. I read magazines, newspapers, online articles etc etc, but try to stay away from anonymous 'blogs'. They tend to be crap. The only radio I listen to is NPR.

Plus, I don't have cable. Reading information lets you go back and re-read things you may have missed, or may not have completely understood. Unless you download it, you can miss a lot of stuff on radio and tv.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:51 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
If they're on when I'm home and watching TV, I'll watch for a few minutes, but not for long.
I usually read several papers a week from different countries.

The worst thing about Armed Forces Network radio is that they play Rush at drive time, so most Europeans that I know think Americans are hateful.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:54 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Crickets.

You won't get liberals to answer this question because they know it will be turned around and used against them. Even libs know that Olberman and Maddow are pieces of sh*t journalists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies