Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 05:59 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Right -- the money men had no power before THE DEMS came into Congress.

I dont see why you all are trying to bash Goldman Sachs. You cheer unfettered capitalism. Regulation is communist and will ruin America. Correct me if Im wrong.

I correct you all the time. Yes the money men had the power to vote them selves billions of our dollars. The Dems are completely blameless in all this, they were simply innocent bystanders. What GS has to do with congress I have no idea but I would love to hear this.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:01 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
Indeed, why does 'Government Sachs' need to buy a bank when they control the banking system?

Goldman alums include:

* Former treasury secretary Hank Paulson

* Paulson's bailout chief Neel Kashkari

* Interim Treasury investment officer Reuben Jeffrey

* Key Treasury players Dan Jester, Steve Shafran, Edward C. Forst, and Robert K. Steel

In September, after the government bailed out the American International Group, the faltering insurance giant, for $85 billion, Mr. Paulson helped select a director from Goldman’s own board to lead A.I.G.
And earlier this month, when Mr. Paulson needed someone to oversee the government’s proposed $700 billion bailout fund, he again recruited someone with a Goldman pedigree, giving the post to a 35-year-old former investment banker who, before coming to the Treasury Department, had little background in housing finance.

The New York Times > Log In
The car czar had no car experience, this kind of thing happens all the time in Washington. I wasn't aware GS was the only organization AIG insured.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:07 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:

I dont see why you all are trying to bash Goldman Sachs. You cheer unfettered capitalism. Regulation is communist and will ruin America. Correct me if Im wrong.
you are wrong. this is not unfettered capitalism. this is a company being bailed out by taxpayers which has nothing to do with capitalism, and then running away with the profits from the money stolen from american taxpayers.

Old 07-15-2009, 07:20 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
Quote:
I dont think they have to be corrupt -- the money game is "corrupt" all by itself. I dont see any indictments being handed down.

This says it all as far as Im concerned about people who live and breathe money:

"The first thing you need to know about Goldman Sachs is that it's everywhere. The world's most powerful investment bank is a great vampire squid wrapped around the face of humanity, relentlessly jamming its blood funnel into anything that smells like money."

THE DAILY BANTER.COM: Goldman Sachs: Criminal Enterprise

(That link also has a quote from Noam Chomsky, you might like him, txboomerang )

But Im sure their profits are legitimate. Their every step is scrutinized -- and they're so big and so successful they dont need to break laws.

The problem is they're SO big and powerful -- they and a few other financial beasts -- that they can affect the fates of nations. But that's capitalism.

You're not criticizing capitalism, are you?
Sounds like the New World Order to me.

Goldman Sachs Alumni in Finance | NWOTruth

Goldman has the power to create and deflate any economic bubble and the world powers love it.

Inside The Great American Bubble Machine : Rolling Stone (http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/story/28816321/the_great_american_bubble_machine - broken link)

Old 07-15-2009, 01:16 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,738,618 times
Quote:

Yeah, 'Government Sachs' your shining example of 'unfettered' Facism.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:24 PM

989 posts, read 2,498,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
I'm not surprised, its just business as usual. Wall St. will never change their ways, only us, the plebs, will be forced to change our ways.
Goldman very quickly paid back its loan from the government in full and with interest. Those execs did an amazing job and the bonuses are well deserved for the profit turned in the current environment. If you're jealous, buy stock in Goldman (ticker symbol GS) and share the wealth. Goldman is an awesome company.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:37 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXIronHorse View Post
Goldman very quickly paid back its loan from the government in full and with interest. Those execs did an amazing job and the bonuses are well deserved for the profit turned in the current environment. If you're jealous, buy stock in Goldman (ticker symbol GS) and share the wealth. Goldman is an awesome company.

Goldman Sachs posts a record profit, which just goes to show what you could accomplish with a little initiative, $10 billion TARP money, plus a federal reserve bailout, plus more than $13 billion with a direct line to the us treasury through AIG!

Old 07-15-2009, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
Goldman Sachs posts a record profit, which just goes to show what you could accomplish with a little initiative, $10 billion TARP money, plus a federal reserve bailout, plus more than $13 billion with a direct line to the us treasury through AIG!
Facism works well in the beginning for some people, but always brings down the empire over time.

Old 07-15-2009, 05:17 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,516,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Facism works well in the beginning for some people, but always brings down the empire over time.
Exactly!

Old 07-17-2009, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
Exactly!
We are going down the drain, but looking at the market, the public buys the happy talk crap - oh, ' the recession is ending' - LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies