Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 12:17 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
No, not religious beliefs but the biology of the body and how it functions to continue life. There is no continuation of life from same sex so it sure doesn't take any religion to understand it's wrong.
How, then, do you explain homosexuality in animals? The biology of the animal body is made for reproduction, as well. And yet there is significant homosexual behavior in different species of animal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 12:18 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
then the metropolitan church will have some competition.
not all episcopal church members are on board on this and no doubt there will be membership shuffles.

Old 07-15-2009, 12:50 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
What's "creepy" and "weird" is when people think that animals are somehow to be spit upon and denigrated. So much for "Christian" appreciation for "God's creation."

Humans haven't the least bit "evolved beyond the behavior of an animal." They are much more "evolved" than we are.

Heaven is by favor; if it were by merit your dog would go in and you would stay out. Of all the creatures ever made [man] is the most detestable. Of the entire brood, he is the only one... that possesses malice. He is the only creature that inflicts pain for sport, knowing it to be pain. ~Mark Twain

From beasts we scorn as soulless,
In forest, field and den,
The cry goes up to witness
The soullessness of men.
~M. Frida Hartley

I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it. ~Abraham Lincoln

PETA

Old 07-15-2009, 12:53 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
How, then, do you explain homosexuality in animals? The biology of the animal body is made for reproduction, as well. And yet there is significant homosexual behavior in different species of animal.

How long do you think any species would survive if homosexuality was the norm? Obviously it is abnormal.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:50 AM

Quote:
PETA
No, actually, I don't belong to PETA. And I don't believe that Lincoln did, either.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:52 AM

Quote:
How long do you think any species would survive if homosexuality was the norm? Obviously it is abnormal.
How can something be "abnormal" if it's prevalent in Nature?

Your belief system is a closed circle that admits no truth other than its own.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:58 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,475,357 times
Quote:
Why are you comparing homosexuals to child molesters? There are plenty of heterosexuals who are child molesters. Do you therefore neither accept nor approve of heterosexuals?

What possible difference could someone's sexual orientation make to their capacity in serving in the church?

Also, homosexuality is natural. Always has been, always will be. It's part of Nature. Humans are part of Nature, too.

1,500 animal species practice homosexuality
Now that's a reach from someone who is desperate to read something into a post that isn't there.

Please show me where I used either word -- homo or hetero.

You debase yourself!

Old 07-15-2009, 02:01 AM

7,787 posts, read 8,028,546 times
Quote:
mostly animals in captivity. ever been to a human prison? food water sleep and sex= basic needs

Old 07-15-2009, 02:04 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times
Quote:
More and more churches are a business now with little to any connection to the Bble as a means to gain tax free status to promote their agenda.

I would walk out of a church like hussein obama's that promoted hate against white people.
I would walk out of a church that promoted hate against black people.
I would not even walk through the door of a church that promoted homosexuality.
I see you walk an awful lot; good exercise though.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:08 AM

15,395 posts, read 22,523,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
And the Catholic church won't be changing its position on the matter. There's the difference. The Holy Roman Catholic Church doesn't disregard scripture, foundational teachings and dogma to suit the whims and wants of cafeteria Catholics.
Why not...they did finally agree with Gallileo that the Earth orbits the Sun and not vice-versa!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies