Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:41 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
So the Japanese Government will run American Healthcare?

Sorry our Government does not exactly have the track record for running successful efficient endeavours the private sector can run as well or better.

Unless you want to point out medicare , social security, or Amtrak,

IBDeditorials.com: Editorials, Political Cartoons, and Polls from Investor's Business Daily -- Fix Medicare First (http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticles.aspx?id=332031100195115 - broken link)

How true. It's funny to to see that there are people who actually believe that a gubmint run anything is efficient at all let alone more efficient than private.

I'm really not sure if they truly believe that or if they are just playing along for the good of the party.

Either way the next generation will have a lot of fixing to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 11:42 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,491,966 times
This HUGE push to get this done for August...where's the fire? Is Obama afraid when the the Congressmen and Senators go home to their states that the voters might actually sway them back to reality? Congressmen and Senators are there to represent US, the people that voted them in, not the President's ideal society.

PS-Looking at the flow chart, imagine how long it would take your medical request to get through that maze.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:43 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
the democrats keep talking about how we need to reduce the cost of healthcare. what is in this bill that reduces the cost of healthcare?

Old 07-15-2009, 11:44 AM

9,273 posts, read 26,491,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the democrats keep talking about how we need to reduce the cost of healthcare. what is in this bill that reduces the cost of healthcare?

NO JOKE.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:44 AM

8,629 posts, read 9,134,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
This HUGE push to get this done for August...where's the fire? Is Obama afraid when the the Congressmen and Senators go home to their states that the voters might actually sway them back to reality? Congressmen and Senators are there to represent US, the people that voted them in, not the President's ideal society.
Nothing will be put to a vote, it never was meant to be put to a vote.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:52 AM

1,902 posts, read 2,467,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post

PS-Looking at the flow chart, imagine how long it would take your medical request to get through that maze.
Yeah, like that would ever happen.

Quote:
I believe it's the Health Choices Administration, that's the rationing gatekeeper that will decide if your worth it or not.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:55 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1878 View Post
Perhaps, but the one major difference is that IT IS NOT TAXPAYER MONEY RUNNING THROUGH A CONVOLUTED PRIVATE SYSTEM!!!!!
Only that they don't call it tax, they call it premium. Now wonder, if a system with 3% overhead has a flow chart that looks like this, what does a flow chart with 20%-plus overhead looks like? Yep, that will be your dear corporations taking charge of your health insurance (not health "care", BTW).

Quote:
I've not had the time to read the bill as it stands right now, but if there's a public option, I would be one of 119 million Americans that companies like Cigna "worry" would no longer have their current plan as I intend to switch and buy additional (private) insurance if necessary. That will be quite a bit in savings for me. And if you intend to keep feeding the fat cats on Wall Street, you'd still be able to, albeit prices will come down and you won't be able to be as generous as you're today (and actually be more respected by the fat cats you take care of today).

Old 07-15-2009, 11:55 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,738,149 times
Only the very basic, generic everything level of care s/b free and avail for all. At least you dont die of a burst appendix because you dont have insurance. Some people cant pay anything, at least they have a place to go for emergency care. Forget optional or long term care - you draw the line with the free stuff.

Old 07-15-2009, 11:56 AM

224 posts, read 378,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
Ok. It's money that doesn't come from taxes through a different convoluted system. What's the difference? At least the government can convoute it in ways beneficial for people, rather than for the all-knowing benevolent "market"

WOW..... Look at the people who are running our government.. They are all in bed with or directly from those businesses and industries you seem to have to much contempt for...

I'm glad you feel like the bogus claimed "ends" justify the means and that you feel like you can believe what these people say when they are ALL proven liars.. I don't share that ignorance

The big difference here is that consumers have a CHOICE where they spend their money and can change their minds at any time... In a Government system, taxpayers have no choice. They have no input and are almost never allowed to exempt themselves from participation...

Old 07-15-2009, 11:59 AM

224 posts, read 378,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Only that they don't call it tax, they call it premium. Now wonder, if a system with 3% overhead has a flow chart that looks like this, what does a flow chart with 20%-plus overhead looks like? Yep, that will be your dear corporations taking charge of your health insurance (not health "care", BTW).

Only I have a CHOICE whether or not I want to give them my money.. I also have options to choose from and I can even choose to refrain from participation altogether..

I don't understand why some people are rightfully suspicious of corporate greed, yet they have no suspicion of political greed....

Look at the backgrounds of these politicians... They are the same corporate bloodsuckers that you love to throw fits over... The President's cabinet is filled with the same financial oligarchs responsible for our current crisis....

It just boggles the mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies