Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2009, 10:44 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Hey, thanks for getting it.

I think the proper legal term is, "native" born.
Qualifications for the Office of President of the United States

There is a lot about this subject that still needs to be discussed. Congress should have addressed it before the election though.

My post just showed how dumb some college students are today. No wonder we are in the mess we are in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 11:23 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post

There is a lot about this subject that still needs to be discussed. Congress should have addressed it before the election though.

My post just showed how dumb some college students are today. No wonder we are in the mess we are in.
YEAH!! While they're at it, they should check their collegues birth certificates. I understand there are a lot of Congressmen with foreign sounding names and some who are 'supposedly' first generation Americans. Congress should get right on that before THEY take over!!

Old 07-20-2009, 12:05 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,154 times
Quote:

Actually, there's nothing left to be discussed. People whose jobs require security clearance have thorough background checks...access to America's
most sensitive material isn't handed out to just anyone. Congress has nothing to do with it...their job is to legislate, not investigate the president's background. President Obama has provided the birth certificate, as numerous posts have pointed out, and it was accepted as valid by the
government agencies that do investigate the backgrounds of people who
require security clearance. He would not have been allowed to run if he had been found to be a citizen of Indonesia or Kenya, period.
College students today have nothing to do with these political issues, nor did they cause "the mess we are in." George W. Bush and his administration did that rather well. But if it suits you to believe that President Obama's
birth certificate is fake despite all evidence to the contrary, go right ahead; it's the biggest conspiracy ever seen by the world, encompassing
thousands of people who are out to scam America and have been since 1961. The scammers are people like Orly Taitz, who see a way to get monetary rewards from the gullible in the form of donations.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:10 AM

1,628 posts, read 4,038,544 times
This thread is ridiculous!

Get over this obvious canard!

Old 07-20-2009, 01:24 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:

I thought the college girl was joking.

Defining Natural-Born Citizen - The Federalist Blog (http://federalistblog.us/2008/11/natural-born_citizen_defined.html - broken link)

Old 07-20-2009, 02:04 AM

133 posts, read 308,416 times
I do not understand why the libs do not want to see a valid birth certificate?
We all know if George Bush did not present a valid birth certificate the press would have nonstop coverage until he did.
So I will continue the issue.

Poor barry he is a stumbling bumbling disaster as president and he is not even legit!

The truth will come out eventually the lib media can hide it forever.
If the libs took off their tin foil hats maybe they would think clearly.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:09 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Obama's father went to the University of Hawaii from 1959-1962, graduating in June 1962. Perhaps birther's are hanging their hat on him and an 8 month pregnant Ann possibly taking a summer vacation to Kenya? Then rushing back to forge a birth certificate & put fake birth announcements in the local paper a few days later? This was 1961 - before the internet and massive leisure air travel. Air travel was expensive and international phone calls were expensive. (We received news of grandma's death via old fashioned telegram.)
you are absolutely correct, but save your fingers; i've posted pretty much the same logic 3 times now and not one birther has responded. they'll just keep their fingers in their ears (hands over their eyes?) and keep spouting the same stuff as if it hasn't been addressed, like in the post above me.

they obviously believe that a pregnant woman in 1961 would go to a tiny village in kenya just to give birth and immediately set a cover-up conspiracy in motion just in case her baby ran for president later. and that the state government of hawaii is in on it. i can't get anyone to come out and say they believe that, but that is what you have to believe to think that there is any chance that obama wasn't born in the u.s.

or i guess you could believe she went to indonesia because, uh, her second husband who she met 5 years later was from there? so of course she would go there to give birth with her kenyan husband.

i mean, even if obama WAS born in another country, would a kid born while his u.s. citizen mother was on vacation in another country not be considered "natural born"? the precedent hasn't been set, but i seriously doubt it. there would be absolutely no point in lying about it.

oh and all the hoopla about his birth certificate being "sealed"? that comes from the fact that numerous people have requested copies of it and have been denied. just as some random person who requested your birth certificate or mine would be denied. that's a good thing, no? the state of hawaii has released a statement saying just that, and saying specifically that his birth certificate is not being treated any differently than anyone else's. but again, birthers, fingers in ears, etc.

it's a non-issue, all around.

Last edited by groar; 07-20-2009 at 05:27 AM..

Old 07-20-2009, 10:20 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times

YouTube - Mike Castle on PeeBo's Birthcertificate.

Listen to this Town Hall meeting of Rep. Mike Castle

Old 07-20-2009, 10:30 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Listen to this Town Hall meeting of Rep. Mike Castle
Whackjob Lady asks rambling question, doesn't like the answer and interrupts a political meeting to get everybody to recite the PoA. Can I get my 2 minutes back, please?

Old 07-20-2009, 10:33 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
Whackjob Lady asks rambling question
It didn't sound like rambling to me. She pointed out all that is on her BC, information that is lacking on obama's "copy".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies