Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 06:20 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,700,776 times

Advertisements

There's also the mortgage's that are expected to fail over the next two years...Alt-A's and Option-Arms...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 06:21 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Prepare for a huge dip in residential real estate prices as record # of unemployment benefits expire with few new jobs on the horizon. Even the gubmint can't save these folks.

Oh yeah, let's not forget commercial real estate bankruptcies based on retail and construction outfits going under.

Pull up a chair, sit back, grab some popcorn. This movie isn't even past the previews yet
Cant hold popcorn on a roller coaster ride.
This is what it will be like over the next 5 years or so:

The Super Crazy Awsomer Roller Coaster RCT3 - CrazyMotion!

Old 07-15-2009, 06:22 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,693,227 times
I think the Real estate Market is near the bottom. Forclosures are drying up. The real problem will be when the government figures out that they can never pay off those trillions. they will have to grow the money supply until that debt becomes a manageable percentage of the economy. I doesn't matter which party will be in power, it's what governments do.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:25 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I think the Real estate Market is near the bottom. Forclosures are drying up. The real problem will be when the government figures out that they can never pay off those trillions. they will have to grow the money supply until that debt becomes a manageable percentage of the economy. I doesn't matter which party will be in power, it's what governments do.
Depends on where you live. Also many banks own homes that they have not yet put on the market. They are controlling the flow as much as possible right now.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:26 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,208,767 times
I don't believe tht the recession is almost over, but there has been a shift. While it will take a while to trickle down and commercial RE will morph, I have seen more folks in restaurants the past couple of months. I think that's a good sign. Also have seen new condo sales up the past two months in some areas, in spite of lending still being a tough nut.

The big Q that I have is what will happen when banks start foreclosing on the properties that they have filed a notice of lis pendens on. They seem to be filing the LP and then just sitting it out in a holding pattern in HOA and condo associations. This is killing the associations.

I am personally still holding on until this wild ride is over, but did order an IPod a couple days ago- my big splurge in more than a year!

Old 07-15-2009, 06:26 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Depends on where you live. Also many banks own homes that they have not yet put on the market. They are controlling the flow as much as possible right now.
What I'm wondering is: How long can they continue to hold onto properties and control the flow? If there's nothing that requires them to put the houses on the market, the banks can keep the market artificially inflated all on their own, right?

Old 07-15-2009, 07:02 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Ding, ding, ding................you win the prize (sad to say).

Old 07-15-2009, 09:17 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,949,480 times
They are blowing on the crap dice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 12:48 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,207 times
There is such a tendency in America to deny bad things. After 9/11, the media was talking about the need to get back to "normalcy". Say what??? Same thing here.

God, we are such weak people. Bad things happen, they always have. We are not somehow exempt because we are "American". Jettison the myths.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Prepare for a huge dip in residential real estate prices as record # of unemployment benefits expire with few new jobs on the horizon. Even the gubmint can't save these folks.

Oh yeah, let's not forget commercial real estate bankruptcies based on retail and construction outfits going under.

Pull up a chair, sit back, grab some popcorn. This movie isn't even past the previews yet
I think the government is anticipating this. Just the other day they are proposing that homeowners should stay in their homes as renters and are thinking of paying the banks to let them stay.

Obama mulls rental option for some homeowners-sources | Markets | Markets News | Reuters

People are falling off the unemployment rolls but not because they have jobs; they have exhausted all their benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies