Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 08:16 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
OMG, Obama said taxpayer money but reguardless where does the tarp money come from? Who paid for that?

He was saying that money shouldnt be thrown away because it wasnt theirs, it was taxpayer money!!!

I know it's tangential but I cant believe you all glommed onto that quote and twisted its meaning, speaking of twisting meanings.

The Soc Sec people were going to have a mandatory meeting of all their managers (who are NOT all located in WashingtonDC). They asked for bids from cities -- would you rather they just take off for Hong Kong or whatever? They were being responsible with this and Im sure the businesses of Phoenix that made some money from it are happy this morning, sorry you cant be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 08:16 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Did you have a problem with Social Security managers going to meetings when Bush was president?
Obama = Bush.

Got it.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:17 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Did you have a problem with Social Security managers going to meetings when Bush was president?
Do you think in these times there is a need for public servants to run off to a expensive resort for a meeting...I believe you posted just yesterday about the need for more telecommuting...that certainly would have saved $$$.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Obama = Bush.

Got it.
Deflection probably works at freerepublic but not here.

Old 07-16-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Do you think in these times there is a need for public servants to run off to a expensive resort for a meeting...I believe you posted just yesterday about the need for more telecommuting...that certainly would have saved $$$.
Telecommuting for evil capitalists. Our fine government workers deserve better!

Old 07-16-2009, 08:22 AM

974 posts, read 1,587,160 times
Why could they not teleconference? Why did they have to have this meeting? What was so important that they had to waste 700k of taxpayers money? Lots of questions if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Yes it would have, but this is a fait accompli now, so....

They said in the statement no teleconferencing would be allowed and everyone had to be there. Since the managers are located all over the US, where would you have preferred they meet? They asked for bids, they didnt have a preference.

Quote:
Deflection probably works at freerepublic but not here.
How else to respond to:

"Mommy, mommy...Jimmy is eating paste. Why can't I?"

Old 07-16-2009, 08:23 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Is Bush the one that said Companies cant use tax payer dollars to have a conference?

Enough bringing up Bush deal with today. Yes I myself had a problem with Bush spending. Bush doesnt have a thing to do with this.

This is what Obama said and what Obamas gov is doing. Bush has nothing to do with this

Old 07-16-2009, 08:24 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Is Bush the one that said Companies cant use tax payer dollars to have a conference?

Enough bringing up Bush deal with today. Yes I myself had a problem with Bush spending. Bush doesnt have a thing to do with this.

This is what Obama said and what Obamas gov is doing. Bush has nothing to do with this
Great post and good job trying to get Delusianne back on topic and stopping her from deflecting the debate in another direction...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies