Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 10:06 AM

7,530 posts, read 11,370,853 times

Advertisements

Anyone familiar with the Mayo Clinic?

Quote:
Early in the debate the Mayo Clinic was cited as a model for what health care should be like, but that's a far as it went. Enter the good example.

Why the Mayo Clinic is used as good health care example - Kingsport Times-News Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 10:14 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Obama has been touting the clinic as an example of good in the HC industry, unfortunately for obama, Mayo disagrees with obamacare.

Mayo Clinic calls House plan bad medicine - Washington Times

Quote:
Minnesota's not-for-profit Mayo Clinic, which Mr. Obama has repeatedly hailed as offering top quality care at affordable costs, blasted the House Democrats' version of the health care plan as lawmakers continue to grapple with several bills from each chamber and multiple committees.

The Mayo Clinic said there are some positive elements of the bill, but overall "the proposed legislation misses the opportunity to help create higher quality, more affordable health care for patients."

"In fact, it will do the opposite," clinic officials said, because the proposals aren't [R]patient-focused or results-oriented. "The real losers will be the citizens of the United States."

Old 07-21-2009, 10:33 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Anyone familiar with the Mayo Clinic?
Yes! Yes! Check this out!

McAllen, Texas and the high cost of health care : The New Yorker

I hope the Mayo Clinic's business model wont attract a lot of attention from the right wingers during this health ins "debate" -- they'll do everything they can to belittle it and demonize it for its commie ways.

Old 07-21-2009, 12:16 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,863,089 times
All I know about the Mayo Clinic is it has a great reputation. My brother's tumor was sent to them and they never could identify the type of cancer he had. They could only tell what type it was NOT. My brother died 5 weeks after he was told he had no cancer cells in his body and no cancer markers in his blood. All we know is it was a fast growing non identifiable cancer. Medicare paid for all the testing they could afford and told him NO MORE. I don't know if the last test costing $10,000 would have helped him or not. Medicare refused to pay for that one.

Old 07-21-2009, 01:06 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,134,289 times
as for mayo clinic good rep or not--when i went there they would only approve the tests my private insurance would preauthorize--the rest they wanted the cost up front---it is a FOR PROFIT CATERING TO THE WEALTHY SUPER INSURED CLIENTELE!

Old 07-21-2009, 01:12 PM

346 posts, read 408,107 times
If you want a glimpse of what our health care will become look into the VA which is government run healthcare.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:22 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Or the IHS - just take a peek at the kind of quality care the government doles out to the Indians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies