U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-23-2009, 08:50 PM
 
Location: Fondren SW Yo
2,783 posts, read 6,334,676 times
Reputation: 2223

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Because in most other cases, the problems are caused by (1) a tyrant or clique or ruling class from within the nation that oppresses the nation or (2) an imperial power that oppresses other nations from its home turf. Israel has no home turf; they abruptly landed on the backs of another people and yelled "MINE!" That the remedy for that historical crime requires their entire state to be abolished is therefore not a condition that applies in other cases.

If you are suggesting that those opposed to Israel are not opposed to the brutal dictatorships in Burma, North Korea, the evidently dictatorial new order in Iran, etc., I would love to know how you came to believe this.
Well, you can start with this august body... Human Rights Council - Homepage

or here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/22/opinion/22BAYE.html
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-23-2009, 10:22 PM
 
Location: Michigan
12,712 posts, read 12,625,487 times
Reputation: 4165
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
Hmmm, "someone else's country?" You mean Great Britain's, or you must mean the Ottomans, or wait you mean the Mamluks, or wait I know, you mean the Arabians who invaded from the Arabian Peninsula in Mohammed's Blitzkrieg, or do you mean the Byzantines or the Romans, or do you mean the Jews who were ethnically cleansed by the Romans in the first century of the common era? Read that long run on sentence again and tell me which "their" the country was "stolen" from.
From the 700,000 people who were driven out under threat of death, for a start.

Quote:
It is also, ironically enough, a word used for centuries in a derogatory way towards Jews. Isn't that ironic? Don't you think?
It's not "ironic", no, although I'm not going to split hairs about the definition of irony. Back to the point, some Jews are parasites; some Irishmen are drunks; some blacks are lazy; some Italians are greasy; and so on. Sorry if that rattles your world, but it's a fact, and when it's the case, it's a fact people don't need your permission to notice.

Last edited by djacques; 07-23-2009 at 10:36 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 10:36 PM
 
Location: Fondren SW Yo
2,783 posts, read 6,334,676 times
Reputation: 2223
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
From the 700,000 people who were driven out under threat of death, for a start.
Ahh, there we have it. 700,000 people driven out at deir yassin. That explains it. Thanks! Oh, btw, 107 people were killed at Deir Yassin and 4 days later the Arabs had their own tea party, massacring 79 Jews in a medical convoy. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadassa...onvoy_massacre. Tit for tat, but how does that explain "700,000" driven out again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
It's not "ironic", no, although I'm not going to split hairs about the definition of irony. Back to the point, some Jews are parasites; some Irishmen are drunks; some blacks are lazy; some Italians are greasy; and so on. Sorry if that rattles your world, but it's a fact, and it's a fact people don't need your permission to notice.
The money shot! Racialist theory at its finest and my point proven. Scratch an Israel basher long enough and you find a bigot. Quack quack!

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 10:48 PM
 
Location: Michigan
12,712 posts, read 12,625,487 times
Reputation: 4165
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
The first site mentions Sri Lanka and Sudan on its front page. The second is a 7-year-old article saying in general terms that the UN Human Rights Council is dysfunctional. Pretty weak stuff.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 10:50 PM
 
Location: Michigan
12,712 posts, read 12,625,487 times
Reputation: 4165
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
The money shot! Racialist theory at its finest and my point proven.
Translation: no Jews are parasites, no Irishmen are drunks, no blacks are lazy, and no Italians are greasy. OK.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 10:51 PM
 
Location: Fondren SW Yo
2,783 posts, read 6,334,676 times
Reputation: 2223
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
The first site mentions Sri Lanka and Sudan on its front page. The second is a 7-year-old article saying in general terms that the UN Human Rights Council is dysfunctional. Pretty weak stuff.
Sri Lanka? You mean the country that served on the council from 2006-2008?

Quack Quack!

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/store/assets/images/product/luvduc/luvduc_lg.jpg (broken link)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2009, 10:53 PM
 
Location: Fondren SW Yo
2,783 posts, read 6,334,676 times
Reputation: 2223
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Translation: no Jews are parasites, no Irishmen are drunks, no blacks are lazy, and no Italians are greasy. OK.
Hehe, thus all stereotypes are true and earned? Quack Quack!

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2009, 07:00 AM
 
1,263 posts, read 2,227,710 times
Reputation: 511
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Taiwan was recognized until 1971, and was then booted out. The same should happen to Israel, which deserves to be a pariah much more than Taiwan.

It doesn't; that is merely a cheap and hysterical libel to silence critics, as almost anyone can tell.

So effing what? Was opposition to the existence of the Union of South Africa motivated by "anti-Afrikaans sentiment"?

They moved in, and they stole someone else's country at gunpoint because, by their own admission, they had no other territory and they felt entitled to one. Rolling back their aggression completely demands the obsolescence of their state. If that doesn't fit the definition of "parasite" then nothing on earth does.
You've been spewing historical baloney. Your efforts serve no constructive purpose.

The advocates of the destruction of the state of Israel have brought war and misery to generations of Israelis, Palestinians, and other Arabs in that area. And those such as your friends in Hamas, Hezbollah, and the Iranian regime will continue to do so until they are stopped.

Last edited by lamontnow; 07-24-2009 at 07:09 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2009, 10:35 AM
 
Location: USA
105 posts, read 120,985 times
Reputation: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
You've been spewing historical baloney. Your efforts serve no constructive purpose.

The advocates of the destruction of the state of Israel have brought war and misery to generations of Israelis, Palestinians, and other Arabs in that area. And those such as your friends in Hamas, Hezbollah, and the Iranian regime will continue to do so until they are stopped.
I agree, but tha advocates of the CREATION AND EXPANSION ON THE STATE OF ISRAEL, have also brought WAR AND MISERY TO GENERATIONS OF ISRAELIS AD ARABS.

(i disagree and object to any racism and hatred of jews, but the creation of this apartheid "so called jewish" state is a disgrace to jews everywhere."
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2009, 01:36 PM
 
Location: West Hollywood
2,280 posts, read 4,462,550 times
Reputation: 1851
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Back to the point, some Jews are parasites; some Irishmen are drunks; some blacks are lazy; some Italians are greasy; and so on. Sorry if that rattles your world, but it's a fact, and when it's the case, it's a fact people don't need your permission to notice.
While we're on this note, some Palestinians are terrorists, like the ones that blow themselves up in the middle of a crowd after being brainwashed by Hamas.

Since you made some interesting points about Jews, Irsishmen, and Italians (but failed to make points about Arabs), I thought I'd throw that in.

I'm expecting you to debunk my statement and call the Palestinian terrorists freedom fighters.

Proceed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:31 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top