Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 09:26 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,946,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Yes it was a detour. And I can understand why you would want to avoid an examination of the history of Palestinian Arab rejectionism of a two state deal. That's OK.
Because it was not part of the thread! You want to talk about that subject. Start a new thread. As Baiters go, you are the master.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2009, 09:38 AM

1,263 posts, read 2,331,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Because it was not part of the thread! You want to talk about that subject. Start a new thread. As Baiters go, you are the master.
You seemed to have felt very comfortable discussing that subject in this thread until I replied to your post on the subject. The answer I gave (post #95) suddenly turned you off. Why was that?

Old 07-26-2009, 12:33 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
OK, since we must keep ancient outrages alive, my Angle forefathers were brutally suppressed by the Normans under William the Conquerer, our land stolen, our rights taken away and our women raped and we were enslaved. We didn't even have the right to have a last name or to grow a beard, etc. The French therefore owe me 40 acres and a mule in Normandy for that enslavement. I'd settle for Provence or Brittany. Hand it over, you owe me! You can start with an official apology from President Sarkosy. I'm waiting...

Old 07-26-2009, 12:38 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
Although Israelis can not fly them as well as Americans, they will be just fine.
Surely you jest! The Israelis are first rate pilots. Many are dual US/Israeli citizens and have served in the US Air Force as pilots. During the 1973 war, many US pilots with dual citizenship were given leaves of absence from the USAF to fly for Israel.

Old 07-26-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Surely you jest! The Israelis are first rate pilots. Many are dual US/Israeli citizens and have served in the US Air Force as pilots. During the 1973 war, many US pilots with dual citizenship were given leaves of absence from the USAF to fly for Israel.
I did not say they were not good. I said that we are better. Show some pride in your own country. I assume this is your country.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
I did not say they were not good. I said that we are better. Show some pride in your own country. I assume this is your country.
Your comment has nothing to do with the title of the thread. The poster was just responding to a baseless comment that you made (and just repeated). No need to demean his patriotism for pointing that out.

Last edited by lamontnow; 07-26-2009 at 01:25 PM..

Old 07-26-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
Your comment has nothing to do with the title of the thread. The poster was just responding to a baseless comment that you made (and just repeated). No need to insult his patriotism for pointing that out.
This comment has nothing to do with the title to the thread. I think that American fighter pilots are the best in the world. If you think that is baseless then you are not very well informed. Don't go away mad...just go away.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
This comment has nothing to do with the title to the thread. I think that American fighter pilots are the best in the world. If you think that is baseless then you are not very well informed. Don't go away mad...just go away.
There you go again. There is absolutely no way to prove that one country's pilots are "better" than another's, no matter how many times you repeat your statement. It's a schoolyard argument.

You can't possibly have a real basis. In fact, that's true of many of your statements.

Old 07-26-2009, 02:48 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
So why not settle for a two state solution?

Why does EVERYTHING have to be given back to the Palestinians?
Because it was stolen from them.

Quote:
Don't you think it's fair that Jews have some land too?
Don't you think it's fair that bank robbers have some money too?

Quote:
This is my point. People think there should be no Jewish state at all (but plenty of Muslim states) which is unfair.
The designation "Muslim" has nothing whatsoever to do with the Arab-Israeli conflict. Israel didn't ask for proof of "Muslim" faith before driving 700,000 people out of their land. Almost all the founders of the PLO were atheist Marxists. (So were most of the founders of Israel, interestingly.)

Old 07-26-2009, 05:10 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,797,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Because it was stolen from them.

Don't you think it's fair that bank robbers have some money too?

The designation "Muslim" has nothing whatsoever to do with the Arab-Israeli conflict. Israel didn't ask for proof of "Muslim" faith before driving 700,000 people out of their land. Almost all the founders of the PLO were atheist Marxists. (So were most of the founders of Israel, interestingly.)
Obviously you're the type that prefers to look backwards and not forward. You'd rather have children live in rage and resist, rather than come up with peaceful solutions to a conflict.

How boring. I think it's pretty clear who wants peace more. I have stated that I'm totally open for Israel retreating to it's 1967 borders and abandoning it's settlements. In fact, I think that's what should happen. I'm far from a hardliner.

But you are only interested in one party being satisfied. Its all about you and not being about what's fair. Have you read a history book and know that Jews have been living in the land for thousands of years before they were expelled?

They have as much of a claim to Israel as Palestinians do. So why not create two states where both Jews and Palestinians can decide their own destiny?

Oh, wait. That's not fair. Jews can't have a state. It's racist. Only Muslims can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies