Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 04:25 PM

105 posts, read 127,499 times

Advertisements

Israel is our ally, yet we dont station any of our army, navy, or air force there.
we send out troops to less friendly territory like Qatar, Kuwait, Saudi,turkey, Bahrain, Afghanistan...

A US base on the east Med would come in handy, are we not welcome there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 05:17 PM

873 posts, read 1,794,751 times
Maybe they only want to leach off us like a tick. They are the world's biggest welfare recipient. And the fact that the US isn't there is just more proof that we don't need to be! Nuke em.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:27 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,705,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
I nominate this as the most idiotic statement ever made on CD.
Naw, it the second most idiotic statement. The first is "I love Obama"

but, to state the obvious... we don't have a military base in Israel because we don't need a military base in Israel. Why pay for our own when we can just use their bases anytime? It's like my brother's weed eater; I can get it whenever I want and I don't need to pay for the gas...

Old 07-16-2009, 05:28 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,749,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chango View Post
naw, it the second most idiotic statement. The first is "i love obama" :d

but, to state the obvious... We don't have a military base in israel because we don't need a military base in israel. Why pay for our own when we can just use their bases anytime? It's like my brother's weed eater; i can get it whenever i want and i don't need to pay for the gas...

lmao!!!

Old 07-16-2009, 05:29 PM

Maybe, maybe not....I don't think America needs to support anybody that does whatever they want with what we give them. If it wasn't for American money, weapons, etc. Israel wouldn't even exist. There is nothing in the US Constitution giving Congress authority to grant ANY foreign aid. Israel, as far as I'm concerned, is as much a terrorist nation as any other terrorist nation and the worst part is that the US funds their terrorism. Now, if you want to support them, send them money out of your pocket. I don't want to support them and I resent that my tax dollars go to aid their murderous expansionism.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:37 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,481,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
Maybe, maybe not....I don't think America needs to support anybody that does whatever they want with what we give them. If it wasn't for American money, weapons, etc. Israel wouldn't even exist. There is nothing in the US Constitution giving Congress authority to grant ANY foreign aid. Israel, as far as I'm concerned, is as much a terrorist nation as any other terrorist nation and the worst part is that the US funds their terrorism. Now, if you want to support them, send them money out of your pocket. I don't want to support them and I resent that my tax dollars go to aid their murderous expansionism.
What do you think the Neo Cons have been doing for the last many years. Americans should be sick and tired of the motto, "do as I say, not as I do." We don't have a military base in Israel because they are not an enemy of the U.S.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:41 PM

13,139 posts, read 22,705,438 times
Quote:

American Tax dollars have been spent on murderous expansionism for the better part of 200 years. Ask the Native Americans, the Hawiians, the Europeans, the Iraqis, ect ect.

America doesen't give foreign aid out of the goodness of our hearts, we do it to solidify power and spread our influence throughout the world, and just about every other 1st world country is playing the same game.

Ironically enough, we have become the very expansionist evil empire that we pretend to stand against.

Old 07-16-2009, 05:51 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,894,826 times
Back to the topic...

What strategic purpose would an American base serve in Israel, a staging point for military action against Turkey (NATO member), Egypt, Syria? As opposed to Bahrain and Kuwait which are important for support in Iraq (next door) Iran, and the Straits of Hormuz.

Get a map!

Better yet, here's one.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:32 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,749,381 times
Quote:
LOL....as usual, criticism of Israel is "anti-semitic". I don't know what your idea of an American is, but my idea of an American is someone that pledges allegiance to THIS Constitution, not some third world litterbox propped up by my tax dollars.
Are you serious? There is a HUGE difference between criticizing Israel and saying that we should nuke the country effectively killing every man woman and child. Just out of curiosity, do you think Hitler got a good start on what you would like to see happen?

Old 07-17-2009, 06:22 AM

You need to study history (among other things)! There was no Israel until 1948 when Israeli terrorist like Menachem Begin and Ariel Sharon were killing British soldiers, etc.

I'm for AMERICA FIRST! If you're not, why are you here? And NEVER forget the USS LIBERTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
Just out of curiosity, do you think Hitler got a good start on what you would like to see happen?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies