Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 11:12 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
When is all this going to happen? You lefties have been threatening to charge them all with war crimes, even though you can never articulate any crime they have committed, much less charges to be brought.

The dems have been in charge of congress since 2006, they now have the WH, what's the delay?
Their crimes have been fully articulated. They have admitted violating multiple laws.

You just have your fingers in your ears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2009, 11:17 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Every time that Bush opened his stupid mouth it was a lie. Lied us into a an illegal occupation and war of a sovereign nation. Where are those WMD's? Where's Osama bin Laden? Why hasn't he been smoked out yet? If Cheney's puppet really wanted to target Al Qaeda, he should have concentrated in Afghanistan. If he wanted to avenge the loss of three thousand Americans, he had to look no further than Saudi. Bush never made it public that he shut down the U.S. Military Base in Saudi, but he did and you know what? That is what Osama bin Laden demanded. Bush gave into bin Laden and that's a fact. Sending soldiers to fight a bogus war with a bogus reason based on crap, which he mistook for yellow cake uranium...from Africa! Obama stepped into The Bush Crime Family's dung heap that they so conveniently left behind for someone else to clean up as they slithered away. I could just see Obama ignoring people of New Orleans during Katrina as Bush did. Liar said he was never warned...every time he opened his stupid trap it was a lie. Every damn time!

Bogus war your liberal congress voted to send them to.

Katrina, well you are a totally misinformed person on how things work.

Katrina was liberal mayor and governors crime. They blew it.

Its called state of emergency and federal people and help are not allowed in until local and state officals ask for the help. But you did not know that did you.

Katrina was caused by a liberal mayor who wanted all the glory and caused the deaths of people.

Sorry you hate Bush so bad, but Obama is even worse, far worse.
I know of not one single lie Bush was caught in. Sure liberals can make them all up but so far no facts of course.

Iraq War, liberals voted for it and could have stopped it and did not.
Katrina, 5 days warning and the liberal mayor still did nothing.

Bush crime family? Go any facts or just info from Keith Oberman?

Talk about lies, this boy Obama has them all beat.

Ask Bill Clinton where OBL is, he had him several times and did nothing.

Did you hear the latest rumor, Obama and Ayers planned 9-11!! They planted the explosives themselves didnt they?

Old 07-16-2009, 11:18 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Their crimes have been fully articulated. They have admitted violating multiple laws.

You just have your fingers in your ears.

They have? Which ones?

What laws? like the ones Obama is defying right now?

Old 07-17-2009, 12:19 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Got any proof they're not terrorists?

General consensus is that millions of people were terrified by them.
It doesn't work that way....they're U.S. citizens so, the government has to prove they were, they don't have to prove they weren't. It's not necessary to capture them and interrogate them to find out what they know.....it's all documented, it's just classified to people like you and me. I'm sure many people were affraid of Bush...some had reason to be, some were because they had family/friends that died from U.S. bombs but, also many others have been falsely led to believe they should be (because of internal politics). The general consensus is that millions of people around the world think you're an idiot and hate you simply because you're an American (I'm assuming you're American....if not, oh well....you know what happens when you assume....or I should say, when I assume...lol) but, what they think has no effect or impact on what I might think about you....if I knew you but, I don't so, I can't fairly have any opinion of you....the same way none of those millions of people or you really know Bush and therefore also can't fairly accuse him of being a terrorist.

I think the situation at Gitmo was something that the Bush administration never intended to play out as long as it did. They were no doubt detained because they wanted to interrogate them but, I think the reason they've been detained so long and without formal charges is because of the fact that the administration never expected the insurgency to happen and for as long as it did. Normally prisoners/captives/detainees are returned and/or exchanged after a war or the fighting ends. When Bush stood on the deck of that aircraft carrier and announced the war was over, he obviously had no idea what was in store and thought things were going to end just like they did the first time we went over to liberate Kuwait. I don't thing they ever wanted to go as far as formally charging them with any crimes (with the exception of a few select ones) and would have just liked to have let them go but, not until after our troops had left Iraq....they didn't want them going immediately back out and fighting them again. There are situations that exist with some of the detainees none of us are aware of.....for example we've only recently heard about the dozen or so that China is demanding we return to them rather than a third party country (because they're wanted in China and will most likely be executed).....in their situation Gitmo has been a vacation.

My point is, some have been quick to accuse the Bush administration of just about everything possible and think they should be put in jail for it but, they haven't been charged with anything much less been found or proven guilty. None of us really know what's gone on because it's all classified....just like things of this nature always have been and always will be. Now that the Obama administration has taken over, he's changed his attitude considerable from when he first started campaigning, when it comes to Gitmo and even pulling all our troops out of Iraq. I'm not pointing out or accusing him of lying....what I'm saying is that, now that he's privy to all things that were classified, things that he had no knowledge of, it's obviously a lot more complicated and not as simple as he was hoping it to be.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:15 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Danno

I don't think you understand the PatRiot Act.

Bush people have no Constitutional rights.

They don't HAVE to be guilty of anything to be detained forever.

They only need to be suspected of terrorism.

Many people believe the Bush team planned and executed 911.

Under the PatRiot Act, that's enough to be detained forever.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:32 AM

1,020 posts, read 2,754,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
They should not be "detained" unless war crimes charges are to immediately follow.

I would be just as happy if they were forced to flee the country. Where could they take refuge? They are hated everywhere but Israel, and if we threatened to cut off financial aid they would personally hand deliver the bunch of them to us, already suited up in prison garb and shackled hand and foot.

No need to detain them, they really cant go anywhere where they would not be returned to us. And yes, they do need to be charged with war crimes.
Hey, if we're going to charge Bush and Co. with war crimes, we need to also posthumously charge FDR as well. What he did was much, much worse.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:06 AM

4,829 posts, read 6,930,872 times
Quote:
Just asking.

They are terrorist suspects worldwide.
I guess since that is Obama's accepted policy if they are arrested I guess they will be held indefinitely.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Isn't there any other country on earth that has detain-forever-without-trial laws like we have?

Russia? China? North Korea? Saudi Arabia?

How about Iraq?

Belgium?
You need to ask your President since that is his policy now.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Got any proof they're not terrorists?

General consensus is that millions of people were terrified by them.
Well millions in America are terrified of Obama. When will the arrest be made? I would like to be there.

Old 07-17-2009, 03:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Every time that Bush opened his stupid mouth it was a lie. Lied us into a an illegal occupation and war of a sovereign nation. Where are those WMD's? Where's Osama bin Laden? Why hasn't he been smoked out yet? If Cheney's puppet really wanted to target Al Qaeda, he should have concentrated in Afghanistan. If he wanted to avenge the loss of three thousand Americans, he had to look no further than Saudi. Bush never made it public that he shut down the U.S. Military Base in Saudi, but he did and you know what? That is what Osama bin Laden demanded. Bush gave into bin Laden and that's a fact. Sending soldiers to fight a bogus war with a bogus reason based on crap, which he mistook for yellow cake uranium...from Africa! Obama stepped into The Bush Crime Family's dung heap that they so conveniently left behind for someone else to clean up as they slithered away. I could just see Obama ignoring people of New Orleans during Katrina as Bush did. Liar said he was never warned...every time he opened his stupid trap it was a lie. Every damn time!
And not a thing has changed under Obama. Different President same results. Well almost, we now have record deaths in Afghanistan.

Wake up and smell the coffee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies