Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 10:01 AM

1,043 posts, read 1,291,669 times

Advertisements

I thought this would be an interesting debate topic.

I recently read an article that expects Hispanic buying power to increase from 1 Trillion dollars this year and grow to more than 12 Trillion dollars.

This will have devastating effects on the following groups.

Whites - will loose considerable economic spending power (as the Hispanic population grows and starts to consume more, the percentage of the consumer spending market that whites currently dominate will continue to shrink over time.)

These changes will drastically effect Marketing spending and the images popularized of what it means to be an America

Blacks - will loose considerable economic spending power, which has often been used to wield political power. The percentage of consumer spending in the US will fall as a total percent of spending.

These changes will drastically effect Marketing spending and erase the increasing gains Blacks have made to be included in mainstream America.

Groups that stand to benefit over the next few years from this shift in consumer spending.

Hispanics

Asians - Asian are the forgotten group, but in reality they pose the largest threat to the current dominance of White spending power. Asians, will eventually come to challenge, the future dominance of the Hispanic buying power. The reasons are listed below

1. Asian on average or twice as educated as whites
2. Asian on average have the highest incomes
3. Asian small businesses despite having a significantly smaller size make up more than 50% of sales and that will continue to increase.
4. Asian on average have the highest education attainment in the country
5. The number one reason Asian will dominate America in the future is the high rate of growth the population will experience.

Now, these two groups combined will probably double the amount of purchasing power Whites will have, but at no point will either of these groups come to actually lead the nation largest group in spending power.

What it looks like now

Total Spending 11,900 Trillion Dollars

Whites 9,600 81%
Blacks 1035.3 8.7%
Hispanics 1071 9.0%
Asians 571 4.8%

What it will most likely look like in 20-30 years (assuming consumer spending grows at the conservative rate of 10% each year)

Total Spending 35,700 Trillion Dollars

Whites 17,850 50%
Blacks 1,785.3 6%
Hispanics 12,495 35%
Asians 3,213 9%

It is all very possible

Read these

Hispanics will top all U.S. minority groups for purchasing power by 2007, according to annual buying power study from UGA's Selig Center for Economic Growth

No parallels between buying power and wealth: blacks have more money available but should save, not spend | Black Enterprise | Find Articles at BNET

Asian Facts and Figures
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 10:05 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,924 times
Why is maintaining "white America" a concern to you? I don't even recognize such a thing.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:13 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Why is maintaining "white America" a concern to you? I don't even recognize such a thing.

really? well, I've been to idaho. I know what it looks like. you must just stay inside all day. idaho is 97% white, so you should recognize it.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:17 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
And this is a big selling point to the Dems. Why do you think they court the Hispanic group so much ?
Why do you think they are so favorable for amnesty ?
Why do you think our borders are not protected the way they should be ?
Why do you think sanctuary cities get away with what they do regarding illegals ?

If this is just becoming news to you then you have not been paying attention.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:19 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Come to southern california

Old 07-17-2009, 10:19 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,241,325 times
The U.S.A. is becoming more brown. This is just a reflection of that.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:22 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
hmm there are white hispanics you know, i think people should compare hispanics(ties to latin american countries) to american(black, white, native american)

Old 07-17-2009, 10:22 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,593,491 times
And the haters keep trying to divide Americans by catagorizing us..and those light between the ears just repeat what they hear and see..pretty sad state of affairs...

Old 07-17-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NooYowkur81 View Post
The U.S.A. is becoming more brown. This is just a reflection of that.

naw tan, beige, taupe, brown as in what? skin color, that would include blacks too lol

Old 07-17-2009, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie
though you werent talking to me the concern should be for americans not these (fill it in here)-americans who put their mother country first
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies