Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 10:19 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Now this is real delusion.

She completely, indisputably dominated the "news" during that time.

Take those fingers out of your ears.
From July 3 to July 7, it was all-Palin, all the time? Nope. She announced on a Friday before a holiday. She had no further television press that I recall; her coverage was in print/electronic editorials here and there, not wall to wall television coverage. And even the editorials were mostly saying, "Huh?" There was nothing to cover (naturally).

Hey, I complimented Faux for its outstanding wall to wall coverage at the MJ funeral. Even though CNN likes to present itself as the showbiz channel, Faux's MJ coverage really was the best of all the networks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 10:27 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
AOL on the impact of Michael Jackson's death

Today was a seminal moment in Internet history. We’ve never seen anything like it in terms of scope or depth.

Doubtful that Palin could ever set a precedent equal to that...in life or death.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:28 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,119 times
Quote:
Virtually every news outlet picked up the story.
And then dropped it because no one cares. Virtually every news outlet picked up Heidi Montag getting married for the umpteenth time. Doesn't mean anyone cares. You need to get past the newsertainment, especially as that is what is expediting the irrelevancy of your dear leader Sarah.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:30 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,929,215 times
Quote:
From July 3 to July 7, it was all-Palin, all the time? Nope. She announced on a Friday before a holiday. She had no further television press that I recall
I didn't say she appeared in pressers.

She did indeed knock MJ out of the news, thankfully, and the number of articles, hit pieces and other internet driven commentary was astounding.

Quote:
And then dropped it because no one cares.
Ahhh, but the point is that people read it, read her criticism of obama's plan - that's what counts.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:37 AM

Quote:
She did indeed knock MJ out of the news, thankfully, and the number of articles, hit pieces and other internet driven commentary was astounding.
MJ had 13x the number of articles written about him. You really can't spin that.

Quote:
Ahhh, but the point is that people read it, read her criticism of obama's plan - that's what counts.
People read it for now. She is becoming a shock jock. Does the world need another right wing shock jock? Most people would say no. You will say yes. So you will continue to love her and thats fine. Feel free. When she gets her reality show on VH1 I may watch an episode or two but will lose interest pretty quickly.

Sorry but her criticism of Obama's plan was weak. In the real world people who make a difference offer solutions. Constant criticism isn't going to get anyone anywhere. When she actually tries to formulate a unique solution to any problem then maybe she will be relevant.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
I didn't say she appeared in pressers.

Okay, now we're narrowing it down. Thanks for admitting she only got coverage in, first TV, then dutiful print news reports, then editorials, and then and longest lasting, in the blogs.

"Astounding"? Standard for something like that, up against the 4th of July and funeral coverage of some pop star; especially since she never followed up with anything that made any sense.

People write about her -- lately, half-heartedly speculate -- when there's nothing else going on; might as well face the reality of it. If she werent around it would be Britney.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:41 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
She squeezed herself into the news in the midst of the MJ news frenzy. MJ's passing was headline news even in Romania. Palin is a big fish in the very small pond of her wackadoodle base. I cannot believe that this is even being debated...have fun.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:43 AM

To take the kid gloves off in regards to Palin herself for a minute.

Did she not spend half of her VP campaign patting herself on the back about how she passed this amazing ethics reform in Alaska? Am I the only one seeing the irony of this fiasco?

And seriously, when you give not wanting to be a lame duck as a reason for quitting in the next three weeks wouldn't you think she should spend the next three weeks actually working and not fishing? This is an elected position juicing vacation days before you quit is pretty ethical I guess.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
And seriously, when you give not wanting to be a lame duck as a reason for quitting in the next three weeks wouldn't you think she should spend the next three weeks actually working and not fishing? This is an elected position juicing vacation days before you quit is pretty ethical I guess.
They all think that way. It must be a chemical aberration.

Old 07-18-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
She squeezed herself into the news in the midst of the MJ news frenzy. MJ's passing was headline news even in Romania. Palin is a big fish in the very small pond of her wackadoodle base. I cannot believe that this is even being debated...have fun.
yup yup, that says it all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies