Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 02:19 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,794,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
No longer a Christian nation? When were we a Christian nation?
We've always been a Christian nation - 70-80%.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 02:22 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,492,503 times
Oh brother. Another joke thread.

This is your excuse for commandment 2:

Obama was asked if he'd like to see his face on the mountain with Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt.

"I dont think my ears would fit," Obama said, laughing. "There's only so much rock up there."

"I don't think my ears would fit" means Obama wants to be on Mt. Rushmore? English language problems? Severe LSD induced dyslexia? Severely tainted LSD? C'mon. This is a joke thread, right?

Old 07-18-2009, 02:28 PM

Commandment one is a lie.

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama tells CBN news that "America is no longer just a Christian nation"

No longer just a Christian nation. Just. JUST. More language problems? I doubt it. Just a blatant lie. Not very Christian of the author, lying and all that.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:46 PM

1,472 posts, read 2,621,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
People don't respect anything these days. Used to be that even if you didn't vote for someone you respected the position because, afterall, it's only when everyone works together that we are strong as a Nation. What we have now are people who get mad and pout and yell and cry when their "team" looses and then turn to the trash talk and guarentee that we are going to continue falling into a pit of uglyness and ignorance. It's not about working together, it's about beating the "enemy" into a bloody pulp and dancing on their grave. Damed the Nation as long as we can have our victory dance.

I'm not singling out DEMOCRAT or REPUBLICAN...everyone is guilty and it's embarassing to be a part of it.
Sorry to burst your bubble but I have NO respect for the POTUS.
Based on his past, his current decisions, what he believes in and that's all I am going to rattle off because I don't have the time for the tit-for-tats that go on here.

And lastly, I am a conservative for the record, however I have to add to that:

If our liberal president weren't doing what he is doing to this country's liberty, to our economy which was already in a tattered mess, hurriedly shoving socialized medicine and cap-and-trade bills that make no sense down our throats and I can't name all the rest, if not for all of THAT-------------I would support this president even though I am quite conservative.

BUT THAT'S NOT THE CASE. SO HE GETS "0" RESPECT FROM ME.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:49 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,040,036 times
You know what was funnier? The congressman from Georgia who wanted the 10 Commandments outside of a court house and he couldn't name them on The Colbert Report LOL

Old 07-18-2009, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble but I have NO respect for the POTUS.
Okay, but do you have respect for the OP? I've checked two sources from the OP, and both show the OP to be one big lie. Do you have respect for liars?

Old 07-18-2009, 02:56 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,135,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Oh brother. Another joke thread.

This is your excuse for commandment 2:

Obama was asked if he'd like to see his face on the mountain with Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln and Roosevelt.

"I dont think my ears would fit," Obama said, laughing. "There's only so much rock up there."

"I don't think my ears would fit" means Obama wants to be on Mt. Rushmore? English language problems? Severe LSD induced dyslexia? Severely tainted LSD? C'mon. This is a joke thread, right?
I don't think that the other guys all have ears, do they? Obama was kidding but it had been suggested months before that that he should be up there with the other real progressive thinker, TR.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:57 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,428,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
We've always been a Christian nation - 70-80%.
This country has always had a christian majority, but has always and will always be a constitutionally secular nation. Our founding fathers would throw up in their mouths at the thought of us being a christian nation.

Old 07-18-2009, 02:58 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,135,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Commandment one is a lie.

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama tells CBN news that "America is no longer just a Christian nation"

No longer just a Christian nation. Just. JUST. More language problems? I doubt it. Just a blatant lie. Not very Christian of the author, lying and all that.
That may be what he told the CBN reporter but it is not what he told the Muslim audience in Cairo. He tried very hard to leave the impression with them that we are not a Christian nation and that was the lie of this part of the 10 Commandments of Obama.

Old 07-18-2009, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't think that the other guys all have ears, do they? Obama was kidding but it had been suggested months before that that he should be up there with the other real progressive thinker, TR.
Suggested by whom? Unless it was suggested by Obama himself, commandment two is a lie.

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, unless it is my face carved on Mt. Rushmore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies