Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 11:05 PM

20,243 posts, read 36,912,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
I'm guessing you're a white male.

Those comments are racist, dispicable and, yes, cruel.
Actually, I am a white guy of Spanish ancestry, and born in a tropical region. I already said that I agreed with the OP. Read my previous post.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:08 PM

6,381 posts, read 14,481,488 times
Every so often, people like Ron White open their mouth and stick their foot in well past their A$$.

I don't like some people, because I got to know them and don't like them personally, and there aren't too many generally on that list.

But as a race issue, I don't hate anyone because of their skin color and don't have much use for those that do.

Besides, if I started to hate people because of their skin color, I would have never met a lot of great people I call friends.

"If" in fact Ron White said that, he should be tossed out of the State should he ever come back.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:11 PM

15,218 posts, read 30,412,573 times
I was sitting in a beanbag chair naked eating Cheetos...

Old 07-18-2009, 11:15 PM

2,185 posts, read 4,988,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kootr View Post
Why do you think Eskimo people are the most suicidal people in the US?

Because of Ron White

Old 07-18-2009, 11:18 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,606,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Since beauty is in the eye of the beholder: who gave that 'comedian' the right to rag on Eskimos (or anybody else) for something beyond their control?
Well, since the 1st Amendment protects the right to freedom of speech I guess Congress gave him that right. With that said I've seen Ron White in person. He's a chronic inebriate and a drunk as well. I did not find him particularly funny. But it's his right to speak his mind. Now Carlos Mencia he's got some funny stuff.

As for Eskimo's I met some Inupiat and Yupik women that wear smokin' hot. The kind that can't live in igloos cause the heat they radiate would just turn those igloos into water.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:19 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,895,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Actually, I am a white guy of Spanish ancestry, and born in a tropical region. I already said that I agreed with the OP. Read my previous post.
Read my post. I was responding to your comment that White's comment's 'aren't necessarily cruel.' I disagree. My guess as to your race and gender was based on the fact that you were probably not a victim of comments which are 'race based' and if you were, they were few and far between. Those who have been victims, frequent victims, recognize 'cruel comments' when they read or hear them.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:20 PM

2,185 posts, read 4,988,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I was sitting in a beanbag chair naked eating Cheetos...

Did you know dogs paws smell like cheetos?

Old 07-18-2009, 11:23 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,606,788 times
Don't ever listen to Carlos Mencia then. He's a mexican and he cuts down his own people like a hot knife going through cold butter. I heard Ron White's spiel on Alaska and you could tell the fool was drunk and stoned the whole time...This was actually discussed a couple of years ago on this forum as well.

//www.city-data.com/forum/alask...ite-right.html

Old 07-18-2009, 11:30 PM

1,629 posts, read 5,366,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoweskimo View Post
RON WHITE, the comedian who came to beautiful Anchorage this past '09 and to Fairbanks said the worst things possible regarding Eskimo people. His horrible and crude comments regarding the Inupiat peoples being the ugliest people on earth that no one would sleep with them not even their own race was far too offensive for me. There are a few races Mr. ron that have suffered beyond measure and this attitude toward a certain disadvantaged race is beyond ignorance. I am part eskimo and have heard racist jokes my whole life. How cruel for this man to say such horrible things regarding the most suicidal people in the US. Comedy central just showed a "comedy act" with him on July 18th, 2009 with him commenting on eskimos being ugly and how he understood how No race, not even there own, would sleep with them. If this were about blacks, mexicans or jewish people, TMZ or other media outlets would have him banned. I want to know who allowed him to speak in their club or event stage without stopping this horrible racism
I wouldn't watch crap like that, but we have freedom of speech and I don't want everything I say to be regulated nor anyone else. If you truly hate the guy, don't write posts like this because I am sure you are getting people to google & youtube him and look up his dvds & books. People these days get so offended with everything, **** we are having to remove Christmas trees from airports for crying out loud. Yes some stuff people say are horrible, but as long as they aren't encouraging violence, the government should not be involved.

Old 07-18-2009, 11:30 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,457,808 times
Beauty is culturally defined. If a person grows up with media portraying the anglo futures, the so-called Hollywood definition, and the thin models as beautiful, then that is what they perceive as beautiful.

There were 80 Alaskan Natives going to Haskell Indian Nations University when I was there, and I always loved their countenance, their gentleness, and their features as beautiful.

Personally, when I see models on the runway with their gaunt skeletal bodies and pursed lips and haughty attitudes as they model new fashions, I laugh. How many women in general are going to be wearing a size negative two?

Some comedians go for the shock value to get laughs or attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies