Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2009, 09:16 AM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times

Advertisements

Of course, I can't say conclusively that this isn't some sort of hoax but apparently a new lifeform was discovered in the sewers underneath Raleigh, NC. by someone using a snakecam. If it is fake, someone really did a good job making this look like a real creature. And what if it is of "alien" origin? My bet would be it is simply something we haven't encountered before. Either way, here is the link for your viewing pleasure. Then please, tell us what you think of it. Should I start packing and get out of NC before these moving gelatinous creatures start coming out of the sewers. Cameron Village is not that far from where I live. And it is right smack in the middle of an extremely populated city. Could this be the start of an invasion! Click the link and see for yourself.

YouTube - Unknown Lifeform in North Carolina Sewer!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 09:19 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
a lot of things can look really strange up close. almost looks like some sort of an egg sack.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
a lot of things can look really strange up close. almost looks like some sort of an egg sack.
Yes, but what the hell's in the egg sack? There are several different links on Youtube about this. Atleast one was talking about some sort of "tube worms" or something like that. But I think the real buzz is people think this is an "alien" And who knows, maybe it is. An alien egg sack! OH MY GOD!!!!
I sure hope whatever comes out doesn't look like those things from Sigorney's movie.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:27 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Yes, but what the hell's in the egg sack? There are several different links on Youtube about this. Atleast one was talking about some sort of "tube worms" or something like that. But I think the real buzz is people think this is an "alien" And who knows, maybe it is. An alien egg sack! OH MY GOD!!!!
I sure hope whatever comes out doesn't look like those things from Sigorney's movie.
I worked outside long enough to realize that there is some strange stuff out there. I have seen grasshoppers mating, fire ants skin a snake alive, you name it. think of the stuff we flush down our toilets. this could be some sort of mutant! perhaps it's the toxic avengers offspring.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I worked outside long enough to realize that there is some strange stuff out there. I have seen grasshoppers mating, fire ants skin a snake alive, you name it. think of the stuff we flush down our toilets. this could be some sort of mutant! perhaps it's the toxic avengers offspring.
I was thinking along the same lines. Nature is extremely unpredictable, and the ability for life to spring forth from nothing is well known. I would hate to know what we may have created with our waste. Then again, the Toxic Avenger was a good guy right? Perhaps we have spawned the future savior of humanity. Or maybe it is just some worms. Talked to my wife just a few minutes ago and she told me there was a short segment on the local news which claimed these things were worm sacks. Only thing is, the sack seems to move as if it is reacting to stimulation from the light. Do you think an egg sack would react like that?

Old 07-19-2009, 09:42 AM

687 posts, read 1,946,782 times
Quote:
'Creature' A Colony of Worms, Officials Say

Ed Buchan, environmental coordinator at the Raleigh Public Utilities Department, told the news outlet that staff biologists had confirmed that the oddity was a colony of worms. The colonies attach themselves to roots that slowly work their way into weak points in the pipes.
What is Raleigh's Mysterious 'Sewer Creature'? - ABC News

Old 07-19-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I was thinking along the same lines. Nature is extremely unpredictable, and the ability for life to spring forth from nothing is well known. I would hate to know what we may have created with our waste. Then again, the Toxic Avenger was a good guy right? Perhaps we have spawned the future savior of humanity. Or maybe it is just some worms. Talked to my wife just a few minutes ago and she told me there was a short segment on the local news which claimed these things were worm sacks. Only thing is, the sack seems to move as if it is reacting to stimulation from the light. Do you think an egg sack would react like that?

I easily think it could be reacting to the light. whatever it is, it lives in a sewer, so it should be sensitive to light. I know it's one disturbing image, like when predator opens his mouth.

Old 07-19-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A View Post
Dang Robert, way to kill the speculation. Now we can't even fantasize about aliens and stuff. But seriously, thanks for the link. And now, I will say this. You wouldn't expect the mainstream media to report anything other than a "natural" phenomenon would you. Just saying. Ok, I have officially opened up the conspiracy factor. Now, let's see what happens. I say the government has spirited away the alien lifeforms in order to perform experiments and extract any information they can from the lifeform. Meantime, the host organism is on it's way to earth after receiving telepathic messages from the earth inhabiting sembiants about the ultimate compatablility of our planet with their needs. The invasion begins now!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies