Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 11:09 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,630,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
also throws a ball like a girl
where did you see that? I want to see him throw like a girl....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 11:10 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I hope all of you faithful sheepies can see from this how played you are, and how completely disrespected, by your right wing manipulators -- I mean "leaders."
Conservative leaders will push delay any vote on health care reform until after the August recess to capitalize on what they say is a growing tide of opposition to reform measures, they said on a conference call with "tea party" participants today.

"I can almost guarantee you this thing won't pass before August, and if we can hold it back until we go home for a month's break in August," members of Congress will hear from "outraged" constituents, South Carolina Senator Jim DeMint said on the call, which was organized by the group Conservatives for Patients Rights.

"Senators and Congressmen will come back in September afraid to vote against the American people," DeMint predicted, adding that "this health care issue Is D-Day for freedom in America."

"If we’re able to stop Obama on this it will be his Waterloo. It will break him," he said.

The founder of Conservatives for Patients Rights told the 104 participants in the call, which was organized to coincide with the National Tea Party Patriots group's protests at the offices of members of Congress today, that polling suggests majorities oppose a "government take-over," which is how Scott's group casts the Obama plan.
Health reform foes plan Obama's 'Waterloo' - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com (another Ben Smith Politico article, btw)

It's going to be interesting to watch your thread topics over the next few weeks.
It's not all partisanship at work here. There is substantial opposition to the President's plan within his own party. The CBO director made perhaps the most telling criticism of the plan just this past week, unless I'm mistaken...

Aside from that -- there is nothing unscrupulous about politicians playing politics. That's what they DO, remember?

Old 07-19-2009, 11:13 AM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
where did you see that? I want to see him throw like a girl....

YouTube - President Obama throws out first pitch of 2009 All Star Game

Old 07-19-2009, 11:15 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
It's not all partisanship at work here. There is substantial opposition to the President's plan within his own party. The CBO director made perhaps the most telling criticism of the plan just this past week, unless I'm mistaken...

Aside from that -- there is nothing unscrupulous about politicians playing politics. That's what they DO, remember?
But this reform and extension of health benefits to Americans is a benefit to Americans. It would help the country. A GIGANTIC boon and relief to South Carolinians. They are determined to pull the whole country down around them if they can "defeat" Obama and keep their sorry fat-bottomed seats in 2010. They are hateful people.

Last edited by delusianne; 07-19-2009 at 11:26 AM..

Old 07-19-2009, 11:18 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
Quote:
Behind that little scam artist smile is a hateful piece of crap who hates America and its people.
And don't forget George Soros.

Quote:
also throws a ball like a girl
And the catcher was IN FRONT of homeplate. More like girl's slow pitch.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
dont make me throw your flomax in th eriver!

But this reform and extension of health benefits to Americans is a benefit to Americans. It would help the country. A GIGANTIC boon and relief to South Carolinians. They are determined to pull the whole country down around them if they can "defeat" Obama and keep their sorry fat-bottomed seats in 2010. They are hateful people.
Oh, you're probabaly right, but there may be one or two principled ones who honestly think that piling even more trillions in debt on our great-grandchildren may be a bit much. Perhaps the plan could be reworked a bit. We don't all turn into pumpkins in August, do we?

Now excuse me a minute. I have to uh go powder my nose.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:21 AM

4,116 posts, read 3,146,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Behind that little scam artist smile is a hateful piece of crap who hates America and its people.

Watch the fool closely, his facial expressions when someone asked him a tough question is golden. Shows he knows he is in a mess and does not know how to fix the mess he made.

By the way, rumor has it he has one heck of a temper and we are starting to see it.

What is next, will he get down on the floor and kick and scream?

First of all the little scam artist smile your referring to was your boy George Bush. He was the one who truly hated America and it's people taking us to War and screwing us over left and right with the economy..

Second of all we are in a mess because once again your boy George Bush. No one can fix what he made!!!!!! He DESTROYED US AND RUINED US. It'll take a MIRACLE to fix what that scum did. Not Obama Bush get it straight....

Old 07-19-2009, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
And don't forget George Soros.

And the catcher was IN FRONT of homeplate. More like girl's slow pitch.
Big whoop. Basketball's his game.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:24 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Oh, you're probabaly right, but there may be one or two principled ones who honestly think that piling even more trillions in debt on our great-grandchildren may be a bit much. Perhaps the plan could be reworked a bit. We don't all turn into pumpkins in August, do we?
No, we pass PAYGO in August.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.ortega View Post
First of all the little scam artist smile your referring to was your boy George Bush. He was the one who truly hated America and it's people taking us to War and screwing us over left and right with the economy..

Second of all we are in a mess because once again your boy George Bush. No one can fix what he made!!!!!! He DESTROYED US AND RUINED US. It'll take a MIRACLE to fix what that scum did. Not Obama Bush get it straight....
Jeez, Louise. Take a chill pill.

You may consder yourself destroyed and ruined. I just feel peevish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies