Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 11:52 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,433,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
well, i certainly hope mr. obama's POLICIES fail and i don't consider myself unpatriotic. as a matter of fact, i think they need to fail or we are not only going to be bailing out the united states bankers, but the world bankers as well.
why do you think we are giving taxpayer money to the IMF? why do you think obama wants to legalize illegal immigrants? why do you think obama wants to forgive world debt? why do you think obama supports cap and trade? have you investigated the goldman sachs ties to cap and trade? why don't other countries have to participate in cap and trade? if these policies succeed, americans are going to be enslaved financially carrying a huge debt load for generations to come.
It is one thing to identify with one party over another but to HOPE the President of our country fails in his endeavors, whatever they may be, is my definition of unpatriotic.

When the leader of our nation fails, then our country fails. I honestly think there are those out there who would see our country fail and things get even worse only for the satisfaction of being able to say Obama failed, they hate him and his party that much. I also KNOW that even if he does a "good job" there are those out there who would DIE rather then admit it, who would make up lies rather then give credit where credit is due. These people are pretty non functioning as far as I am concerned and our country deserves better.

I'm a Democrat and even I stopped listening to the Dixie Chicks talked against Bush while on stage in the UK, I still don't listen to their music for this reason. It was wrong to do in such a public international way. They are Americans and at the time he was our president. We all OWE our allegiance to the commander and chief of our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 12:16 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,155,308 times
to the OP, & other posters who are of the same idea,to WORK TOGETHER for a better America.! United we stand,divided we fall!! Brings to mind an old song...

YouTube - Canned Heat - Let's Work Together - ANNOTATED

Old 07-20-2009, 12:23 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
If you look at the governamnt its hard to say taht there isn't a great devide on where this country should be going. I'm 62 and right now i don't recognise any america I have know . They are right when they say that america changed about 1968. We are now a country of those that produce and those that want the fruits of production without contributing. Even JFK would not recognise the country now with its lack of responsiblity that any world leading country must assume.We see what happens when people start living at 140% of income and now we are seeing the same thing from governamnt.Its becoming the something for nothing country that if not stopped can be the ruin of it.I for one will nopt vote or particapte in this irersponsible behavior that will lead to the ruin of younger peoples future.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:26 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,895,035 times
It's his policy we all want to fail, not the man .

Old 07-20-2009, 12:58 AM

763 posts, read 1,298,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
People who want this country to fail just to zing Obama are not Americans.....Rush, Hannity, Sunny-Days90, ELOrocks
Anybody who voted for Obama wants this country to fail and therefore is unamerican

Old 07-20-2009, 01:17 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,013,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
We all want what is best for our families. We all cherish our freedom.

Exactly. And most of us want the country to thrive, regardless of who's in office and whether or not we agree with their policies.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:09 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,911,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
It is one thing to identify with one party over another but to HOPE the President of our country fails in his endeavors, whatever they may be, is my definition of unpatriotic.

When the leader of our nation fails, then our country fails. I honestly think there are those out there who would see our country fail and things get even worse only for the satisfaction of being able to say Obama failed, they hate him and his party that much. I also KNOW that even if he does a "good job" there are those out there who would DIE rather then admit it, who would make up lies rather then give credit where credit is due. These people are pretty non functioning as far as I am concerned and our country deserves better.

I'm a Democrat and even I stopped listening to the Dixie Chicks talked against Bush while on stage in the UK, I still don't listen to their music for this reason. It was wrong to do in such a public international way. They are Americans and at the time he was our president. We all OWE our allegiance to the commander and chief of our country.
i do respect your patriotism but i disagree with blind allegiance. i think if you feel the country is going down the wrong path you have to stand up for your COUNTRY. i do agree that americans should never go outside of the country and criticize america, but i also believe that we have to work within the country to try to make changes or, in this case, stop changes that are being made to the country.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:06 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,933,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
Anybody who voted for Obama wants this country to fail and therefore is unamerican
So, according to You the majority of voters want this country to fail, that must mean you wanted four more years of the Bush doctrine. I would say it would be you that would prefer to see this nation fall further just so the other guys cannot get their shot at dealing with the issues, now that is unamerican. Well, like it not, the other guys will be running the show for the next couple of years, fix the problems within the Republican Party or that trend will continue.
Casper

Old 07-20-2009, 09:42 AM

30 posts, read 78,924 times
It's just like the thread that I created last week called "Morons on both sides". See, the Op started a meaningful thread, but the morons and idiots from both sides of the spectrum didn't take long to derail and sidetrack this thread into another stupid, useless shouting fest. You have to wonder at some point, when Americans in the middle will see both sides as what they are, which is cancerous.

Old 07-20-2009, 09:58 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Sorry but I have little in common with people who are ignorant, especially those who have chosen to remain ignorant and never cared to expand their views and/or educate themselves. My parents immigrated to this country with no English and they took full advantage of each opportunity that was given to them. I am talking about the typical small town folk, the ones who are intolerant of others who do not look like them, uneducated, ignorant, religious, anti-progress and/or anti anything intellectual. Vast majority of these people happen to support the GOP. I have very little in common with this type of "all-American" idiot.

Congrats on D-bagging up this thread so soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies