Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 11:43 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Can you tell us where it is online? I'd like to take a look.
FactCheck.org: Born in the U.S.A.

"In June, the Obama campaign released a digitally scanned image of his birth certificate to quell speculative charges that he might not be a natural-born citizen. But the image prompted more blog-based skepticism about the document's authenticity. And recently, author Jerome Corsi, whose book attacks Obama, said in a TV interview that the birth certificate the campaign has is "fake."

We beg to differ. FactCheck.org staffers have now seen, touched, examined and photographed the original birth certificate. We conclude that it meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship. Claims that the document lacks a raised seal or a signature are false. We have posted high-resolution photographs of the document as "supporting documents" to this article. Our conclusion: Obama was born in the U.S.A. just as he has always said."

Barack Obama's birth certificate revealed here | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Photo

Old 07-19-2009, 11:48 AM

823 posts, read 2,215,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
"Complicating the situation is Obama's decision to spend sums estimated in the hundreds of thousands of dollars to avoid releasing a state birth certificate that would put to rest all of the questions."

what is your answer to the above statement? why would he spend huge sums of $$$ to avoid releasing the only document that would prove he's a legal US citizen???
Why should he? He has done plenty. That what he is done does not satisfy a few nuts should not be his concern.

Quote:
unless he's truly NOT one......hmmmmmm.

Furthermore, why would he have hired lawyers regarding this birth certificate issue???

pls answer those 2 questions directly and with no tangents...which you are quite successful at, when you don't have the answer or don't WANT to answer.....

???????

p.s. "because he doesn't/shouldn't have to produce it..." is NOT a sufficient answer. Just wanted to clarify that ahead of time.
He hired lawyers because people have sued hm. What would you have him do? Represent himself? He is pretty busy.

And "because he doesn't have to" Is a perfectly sufficient answer. As my link explains he has gone to great lengths to satisfy people about this issue. That there are a small number of people who are not satisifed is none of his concern.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:49 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
The left has power, not answers. Don't need no stinkin' answers. Now, shut up.

Disclaimer: I view current politics as mostly fraud so I have no opinion on whether or not the Oshizzles needs to produce the BC. For birthers sake, I wish he would.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:50 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyNice View Post
Why should he? He has done plenty. That what he is done does not satisfy a few nuts should not be his concern.

He hired lawyers because people have sued hm. What would you have him do? Represent himself? He is pretty busy.

And "because he doesn't have to" Is a perfectly sufficient answer. As my link explains he has gone to great lengths to satisfy people about this issue. That there are a small number of people who are not satisifed is none of his concern.

Considering that Mr. & Mrs. Obama are both HLS graduates, I'm sure they have plenty of friends willing to represent them too ...

Old 07-19-2009, 11:50 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,478,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
I have no opinion on whether or not the Oshizzles needs to produce the BC. For birthers sake, I wish he would.
He has..Why do so many ignore the facts?

Old 07-19-2009, 11:53 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
"Complicating the situation is Obama's decision to spend sums estimated in the hundreds of thousands of dollars to avoid releasing a state birth certificate that would put to rest all of the questions."

what is your answer to the above statement? why would he spend huge sums of $$$ to avoid releasing the only document that would prove he's a legal US citizen???

unless he's truly NOT one......hmmmmmm.

Furthermore, why would he have hired lawyers regarding this birth certificate issue???

pls answer those 2 questions directly and with no tangents...which you are quite successful at, when you don't have the answer or don't WANT to answer.....

???????

p.s. "because he doesn't/shouldn't have to produce it..." is NOT a sufficient answer. Just wanted to clarify that ahead of time.

hussein obama has something to hide. While he knows he worshiping sheep will buy any lie he spews, he needs those lawyers for the people that are not brain dead drones. You would think they would at least question the fake birth certificates he posted on the internet. When people pointed out there was no seal. Presto! he posted it with a seal. He had noted it was folded and people pointed out there was no folds. Presto! A birth certificate is posted with folds. ALL PHOTO SHOPPED

It is very clear that it's birthers have brains and liberals have pre-packged programs. they cannot deviate from.

Last edited by dcsldcd; 07-19-2009 at 12:00 PM.. Reason: Birther: Someone that has a family tree and a future!

Old 07-19-2009, 11:53 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Default Questions based on unverifiable assumptions.

Quote:
Complicating the situation is Obama's decision to spend sums estimated in the hundreds of thousands of dollars to avoid releasing a state birth certificate that would put to rest all of the questions.
Who are you quoting, here? I'd like to see the estimate and I'd really like to see the reasoning that the Birthers would consider the question "put to rest" if they got their paws on the "long form". They'd be yelling "fake" all over the place and you know it.

Quote:
why would he spend huge sums of $$$ to avoid releasing the only document that would prove he's a legal US citizen???
As stated earlier, I'd like to see the documentation for those "huge sums", and it's certainly not the "only document". You seem to have problems keeping statements out of your questions.

The published COLB is how the fine state of Hawaii documents citizenship and place of birth. The relevant Hawaiian authorities have signed off on its veracity - they have, in other words, certified it. (That's where the word "certificate" comes from.) That is as far as it goes. You can threaten to hold your breath, but this is how it works: If the archivars in Hawaii has verified a COLB, it's valid. They are the authority. They get to certify. And they have.

Quote:
The Birthers started (well, tried to start) legal proceedings. Lawyers are the people you hire in such cases. Should he have hired bakers instead? Plumbers? (I do hear this guy Joe is available.)

Anyway, I've said it before on this board: Never interrupt an opponent who's making a mistake. The shriller the Birthers get, the less seriously they are taken. It's great politics to have them as the public face of the opposition to the President.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:54 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Dear birthers --

how exactly could Obama prove this to you once and for all?

by coming on television with a long-form birth cert? you couldnt see it or touch it.

by coming to your houses with it?

by inviting everyone who ever gave him a passport, every Human Relations Dept person who processed his hiring papers etc. to come on TV and swear they've seen it, or showing old photocopies of it?

what?

serious question.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:54 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post

"In June, the Obama campaign released a digitally scanned image of his birth certificate to quell speculative charges that he might not be a natural-born citizen. But the image prompted more blog-based skepticism about the document's authenticity. And recently, author Jerome Corsi, whose book attacks Obama, said in a TV interview that the birth certificate the campaign has is "fake."

We beg to differ. FactCheck.org staffers have now seen, touched, examined and photographed the original birth certificate. We conclude that it meets all of the requirements from the State Department for proving U.S. citizenship. Claims that the document lacks a raised seal or a signature are false. We have posted high-resolution photographs of the document as "supporting documents" to this article. Our conclusion: Obama was born in the U.S.A. just as he has always said."

Barack Obama's birth certificate revealed here | Top of the Ticket | Los Angeles Times

Photo
Interesting. Thanks for the link. I looked at the certificate and it doesn't look offical to me, but...

However, I read many of the comments from bloggers and they raise valid points about its authenticity. Some say that this is nothing but a copy, suggesting it's incomplete. It's easy to white-out portions on a copy and copy it again.

But, if this is an authentic copy of his birth certificate, why is he spending big bucks to prevent the original from being seen?

Old 07-19-2009, 11:55 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteyNice View Post

No lawyers were needed if he would prove his citizenship, like we all have to do to get a drivers license or passport and it doesn't cost over $10.00
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies