Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 10:12 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
lol....

.....don't distract the President with those frivolous questions folks, she'll become "virtually" hobbled!

....the President will be relieving some pressure today folks, we'll be addressing the G8, pirates, and the Economy next week - also, place all of her calls from the Eastern half of the World on hold, and she'll only discuss healthcare from 14:05 - 14:15

.....the President will only be responding to attacks from her own party today folks, please schedule the left, the nuts, N. Korea, Russia, S. America, the Press, all radio, and half of the MSM for this Thursday between 8:07 and 8:15Am - they'll each be allowed 7 seconds each.

Palin hasn't even run for President and you have her already elected. Are you people actually afraid that her charisma may be stronger than that of Obama? It is appearing to be like that more all the time.

I wonder if her charisma is stronger and if there might be some blowback in 2012. Maybe she should be running, especially if the Dems continue to pass bad legislation with no worry about veto. By golly, you guys are starting to make a believer of me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post
I honestly wanted to like her too (because of the outsider thing). I still don't think she is less competent than any other politician. In some ways, I think she's more competent than many. I think she has been unfairly treated, and I think it's clearly because people feel threatened by her (or are sexist to put it bluntly). That being said...I would NOT vote for her because she is a quitter. That's her pattern (college, politics, etc.). If she thinks it's going to get easier as president, she's in for it. For people who say she did it for the good of Alaska, is she going to do it for the good of the US when it comes down to it?

Palin would be a good conservative talk show host. I think that she would do best for conservatives by trying to "sway" people from the sidelines.

I'm personally hoping for a third party anyhow...one that uses what we used to know as "common sense".
YEAH a third party based on "common sense" Palin and Beck That may well work.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:17 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
Sarah Palin, Daffy Duck, Yosemite Sam, Courage The Cowardly Dog, SpongeBob SquarePants, they're all the same. For entertainment purposes only. Not to be taken seriously.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Yeah, no difference between a lie to justify being a quitter and an obvious slip-up on a fact that even grade-school children know. Yeah, definitely the same thing.
How do we know if they taught the number of states in the United States in Indonesia where Obama is said to have gone to grade school? I bet they still don't do that over there.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:24 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
How do we know if they taught the number of states in the United States in Indonesia where Obama is said to have gone to grade school? I bet they still don't do that over there.
A rep point for making me laugh out loud, at least!

Old 07-20-2009, 10:28 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
While I think SOME OF the left has been ridiculously viscous, venemous, full of hate, and just plain scummy in their treatment of Sarah Palin (most specifically by dragging her kids into the picture and attacking them mercilessly), I also think Palin is far from being cut out for the presidency.

I gave her completely neutral views at first, even into the interviews. I actually wanted to like her because I like the idea of an outsider being in the White House who is not a puppet like our current or previous administration. But while I was already dropping my interest levels in her (not to mention McCain was already pretty much a deal breaker for me as he is the biggest RINO in DC), she really lost me when she said she was going to "mix it up with the senators".

But for those who are still strongly supporting her for 2012, what do you think of her decision to be a "cut and run" politician? If you are conservative and you hammered the left for wanting to cut and run from Iraq, how could you possibly still support her after she decided to cut and run from the state of Alaska when things got tough.

Please, try to stay on topic folks. I know people love to love her, or love to hate her, but try to keep this on how you could support her after her cut and run decision if you hammered those who wanted to cut an run from Iraq...
I'm still trying to figure out the analogy. If you quit your job as a garbage collector can we expect you to pull out of Iraq if we make you President?

Old 07-20-2009, 10:29 AM

551 posts, read 855,582 times
There is no one that brings out more hate from the left than Palin.

And this coming from the folks who were preaching "Hope and Change".

Old 07-20-2009, 10:29 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did you ever notice that the cut and runners in DC were all Democrats who wanted nothing but to get rid of Bush and control of Congress by Republicans? If so, I wonder how you compare Palin to them. One group wanted to take the whole nation out of something we were responsible for that concerned millions of Iraqis and would have resulted in many more deaths than staying.

Now in comparison to that Palin was sitting in a job which didn't allow her to really fight against her enemies. Over 15 false accusations were made against her concerning ethics and none of them won. However, she had to deal with them with state money and personal money and wasn't able to talk back because of her job.

At first, I felt like you do about her quitting but I came to see that the Alaska legislature was working against her on everything and that was not good for the state. I think she freed herself to talk back and left the state in better shape than she had been. I don't really know why she left, for sure, but she left the state in better shape than while she was there with people taking shots at her from all sides.

I don't know, but I do think that most people from left of center are afraid of the charisma of Palin after seeing what charisma did for Obama. Am I really wrong here?
What you perceive as Charisma, many call repulsive.
Palin actually only appeals to a segment of the country and populace that is quickly becoming irrelevant due to their ignorance and warped ideologies.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
A rep point for making me laugh out loud, at least!
Aw come on. You don't really think they teach things like that in Indonesia, do you?

Glad I could humor you. That is what I was trying to do.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What you perceive as Charisma, many call repulsive.
Palin actually only appeals to a segment of the country and populace that is quickly becoming irrelevant due to their ignorance and warped ideologies.
Hey, I may not live in New York, but I think there is a possibility that this old man from the sticks is about as intelligent as you are. I am even less warped about politics than you are. I may not be a lefty but that makes me straighter than those who are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies