Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-19-2009, 11:40 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,011,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
But, these gay men literally pecked each other on the lips, they were not *behaving like horny animals on display*. Also, I love to hug and kiss my husband, and guess what, our children see two people madly in love (and married) who still hold hands and hug in public. That is a rarity these days! I mostly see a bunch of miserable, married people who act like they don't even like each other, let alone have sex with one another, and I think THAT is a very sad existence!!!
I have no issues with PDA's that are tame and affectionate, my beef is when folks go overboard and it gets raunchy. My comment (behaving like horny animals on display) that you quoted was in response to the poster who wanted to see the day when folks would be able to have sex out in the open. I hope we never see a day when public sex is normalized.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 12:30 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,708,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I think we will be a truly enlightened society when people are free to make love on street corners.

All this fear of human sexuality and desire to "abolish" it (yet celebrate war) sickens me.

The hippies were on to something, even if they did take it too far.
Yeah, just like dogs; and when they're done, they can turn around and eat each others feces.

I've gotta be completely honest, were it not for city-data, I would not believe that people like you honestly existed. This message board is enlightening, if nothing else.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:35 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,708,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Because they felt like it?

Mormon/Taliban/Christo-fascist whack-a-loons/Islamo-fascist whack-a-loons, there is not alot of difference when it comes to repression of human rights, only in the methodology.

Making this act an offense where one receives a fine and is handcuffed is pretty pathetic.
Ohh, Muleskinner, calling muleskinner:

Still think me calling someone a "poser" is equal to the bigoted hate speech that ODanny spews out on a daily basis? Please be as honest as possible. Thanks

Old 07-20-2009, 12:39 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,011,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
Yeah, just like dogs; and when they're done, they can turn around and eat each others feces.

I've gotta be completely honest, were it not for city-data, I would not believe that people like you honestly existed. This message board is enlightening, if nothing else.
Yeah ... I was shocked too when I read bluefly's post as well. I cannot believe there are folks out there that advocate for public sex!

Old 07-20-2009, 12:47 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
And humans kill and torture each other in the name of religion and sometimes just for the fun of it. Dogs do neither. Overall, I think dogs are more civilized than humans.

Old 07-20-2009, 02:53 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,755,487 times
Well I'm definitely a hypocrite on this one. Two men making out makes me physically ill as well yet two hot woman making out...different story.

That being said, who has the right to tell other people who they can and can't make out with in public? People should be free to decide for themselves. The Utah situation seems like poor strategy though. I don't see how that display would win anybody over.

Old 07-20-2009, 03:17 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,853,744 times
if people spent more time kissing it would keep them from doing stupid things.... no matter who is kissing whom.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:15 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,657,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
Well I'm definitely a hypocrite on this one. Two men making out makes me physically ill as well yet two hot woman making out...different story.

That being said, who has the right to tell other people who they can and can't make out with in public? People should be free to decide for themselves. The Utah situation seems like poor strategy though. I don't see how that display would win anybody over.
I have to agree. Although I often get defensive about the gay stuff, I admit I don't understand the point of having a "kiss-in" on Mormon property. That truly does make it seem like the main goal of the demonstration is to shock and anger people.

The displays at gay pride events are one thing, because to me, those are more like parties than anything else. But demonstrations where the goal is to shock people and/or make them angry? Nah. I can't go for that.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:47 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,158,858 times
Well I find it highly amusing that conservative religious type Americans believe that ALL others should live by their so called values.

A bit of advice for you, if you leave gays alone they will leave you alone, just do not go trying to stick your noses in to what others do in a bedrom.

Yes, I know you have boring little lives but what with alcohol, tobacco, the odd bit of weed, and trying to bed tasty young women, normal types have a full life.

Would it be a touch of jealousy that makes you religious types rant about sex ?

Old 07-20-2009, 06:17 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
It was an intentional, provocative act perpetrated by the activist gays against the entity they believe thwarted their gay marriage amendment in Calif.
SO, what is your point? Those meanie gays kissing in public, so uncivilized.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies