Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2009, 07:37 AM

9,876 posts, read 10,786,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
And humans kill and torture each other in the name of religion and sometimes just for the fun of it. Dogs do neither. Overall, I think dogs are more civilized than humans.
of course you do..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 07:43 AM

10,815 posts, read 14,880,747 times
Isn't that precious, stealing the hearts of men demonstrating to the world "they" are just like us!

N O T I C E

Please Read Carefully

You are about to view the zombietime report about the 2008 Up Your Alley Fair in San Francisco. The fair is supported with San Francisco tax dollars with cops assigned and official street closures. It's a "community event".

This report contains photographs and descriptions of extreme sexual behavior performed in public that some viewers may find disturbing.

Two versions of this report have been made available:

The "full" version of the report contains the complete, unedited and uncensored photographs.

The "blurred" version of the report contains photographs that have been partially blurred to obscure the more explicit components of each image.

Note that the captions remain exactly the same in both versions, and that this text is also somewhat explicit, since it describes the action in the photographs.

Take a moment to decide which version you would like to view. Please be aware that when we say "explicit" and "extreme," we are not exaggerating.

Mod cut-link disabled-If you would like to view the site originally posted here, search "Up Your Alley 2008" I am sure you will be able to find it

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 07-20-2009 at 06:21 PM.. Reason: inappropriate link for City Data

Old 07-20-2009, 07:43 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,191,609 times
personally, I do not care to see a kiss in by anyone,
I do however think that this makes folks mad that are already against them to start with.
I have marched several times at gay pride in Atlanta and had a great time in doing so,
the folks that made the biggest impression on me was the church folks coming out to greet us and inviting us to service.
I think most of these same folks that are staging their kiss-in would be pissed if an opposite sex couple came to a gay bar and did the same thing.

Old 07-20-2009, 08:48 AM

13,139 posts, read 22,738,779 times
Quote:
And so, once again, we have someone who believes that straight people deserve special rights because they were born heterosexual. If you're heterosexual, it's okay to kiss in public and it's seen as natural and good; if you're homosexual and you kiss in public, you're labeled deviant, disgusting, and you deserve to be condemned.

No... It's disgusting when a hetero couple does it too. People still react negatively to that. I said: "do what you want behind closed doors" If people want to engage in homosexual behavior than sure, go for it. But don't make me look at it. THAT'S what I'm condemning.

Quote:
I think a lot of people would disagree with you on that.
Really? Let's make a poll....

Quote:
The ignorance in your statement is incredible. Do you realize how much money gay organizations have raised for HIV research? A lot more than "straight" organizations - I can tell you that.
Gee, I wonder why gay organizations would donate to HIV research?
Do they ever donate to causes that benefit broader populations?

Quote:
Your homophobia is almost palpable. It sounds like you see gays in a negative light, no matter what they do.
I've met and worked with several gay men who were awesome people who I greatly respected. The difference with them was they didn't feel the need to brodcast their sexual orientation to the world.

The fact is, homosexuality happens. I don't think they really have a choice in the matter, it's just how the genes fall and the neurons in the brain connect. Pure chance. But in a world governed by evolution and natural selection homosexuality will always be selected against, becuase their genes aren't passed along to the next generation. Therefore, gays will always be on periphery of society and a large number of people will frown on the behavior. It's not nice, but it is nature. I am very glad I was born straight, but I feel for them. It's a tough position to find one's self in.

My point is that NO ONE has the "right" to be a public pervert and the gay community is the most flagrant violator in my city. Just stop it. I'm sure if I was making out with my spouse in front of the mormon temple I would have been kicked out too. Getting all my friends together to make out in masses at the same spot because I'm pissed about it is not fighting for my rights, it's just ignorant.

Last edited by Chango; 07-20-2009 at 09:15 AM..

Old 07-20-2009, 09:43 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,550,733 times
I guess you can't get a much more peaceful protest than kissing. As long as they were not on the Mormon property, they have a right to protest.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:15 AM

4,657 posts, read 8,691,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Well I find it highly amusing that conservative religious type Americans believe that ALL others should live by their so called values.

A bit of advice for you, if you leave gays alone they will leave you alone, just do not go trying to stick your noses in to what others do in a bedrom.

Yes, I know you have boring little lives but what with alcohol, tobacco, the odd bit of weed, and trying to bed tasty young women, normal types have a full life.

Would it be a touch of jealousy that makes you religious types rant about sex ?
Been there, done that, well, except for the pot. The thing is, I was still empty inside and the void continued to grow until I gave my life to Jesus Christ. This world is temporary, and there is pleasure in all sin, or it wouldn't be fun, but the gnawing emptiness is not fun. I was never free until I totally surrendered my life; that's the beauty and paradox of Christianity.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:38 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,174,808 times
Quote:
I have to agree. Although I often get defensive about the gay stuff, I admit I don't understand the point of having a "kiss-in" on Mormon property. That truly does make it seem like the main goal of the demonstration is to shock and anger people.

The displays at gay pride events are one thing, because to me, those are more like parties than anything else. But demonstrations where the goal is to shock people and/or make them angry? Nah. I can't go for that.
I tried to give you a point for this post but wasn't allowed to so let me say that this post is one of the reasons so many people like you. Good one and more people need to see it. Yeah, and I just covered it up with this pile of crap.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:22 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,400,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Positiveone View Post
Nah they have to eat! Have to keep the economy going! Gay marriage -- let us vote!!!
Firstly, gays are a recognized Protected Class of American minorities in most municipalites. As marriage is, and always has been in this country since our inception, a g'ment institution, there is no valid reason to deny gays Equality of Marriage.

Secondly, recent polls from several sources, gallup included, show that a majority of Americans do not support gay marriage, but do support civil unions. So much for your "Most America Hate Gays" comments.

Thirdly, we are not a democracy, we are a Cosntitutional Republic, and have always been a Constitutional Republic. Why? Because our Founders knew what "Tyranny of the Majority" meant, and what it could do to Equality and Freedom.

Fourthy, niether a mere "Ick Factor" or biblical ideals are things to base US Law upon, indeed the later is expressly forbidden in the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment.

Lastly, if a tyranny of the majority ruled this land, blacks would still be slaves and we religious minorities wouldn't enjoy the rather limited equality we do today, and this in a Nation built upon the noble ideals of Equality and Freedom. It's time to lay aside the draconian medieval mentality and lies directed at the GLBT community.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:30 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,621,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Isn't that precious, stealing the hearts of men demonstrating to the world "they" are just like us!

N O T I C E

Please Read Carefully

You are about to view the zombietime report about the 2008 Up Your Alley Fair in San Francisco. The fair is supported with San Francisco tax dollars with cops assigned and official street closures. It's a "community event".

This report contains photographs and descriptions of extreme sexual behavior performed in public that some viewers may find disturbing.

Two versions of this report have been made available:

The "full" version of the report contains the complete, unedited and uncensored photographs.

The "blurred" version of the report contains photographs that have been partially blurred to obscure the more explicit components of each image.

Note that the captions remain exactly the same in both versions, and that this text is also somewhat explicit, since it describes the action in the photographs.

Take a moment to decide which version you would like to view. Please be aware that when we say "explicit" and "extreme," we are not exaggerating.
There is this thing called "Mardi Gras" where straight people do the same thing, shocking!

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 07-20-2009 at 06:21 PM..

Old 07-20-2009, 11:37 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,526,398 times
Quote:
It's disgusting to me that there are so many so-called liberals on this board who agree with the gay haters. You actually agree with Chango who said, "Why can't gays do something good for the world?" Pathetic. Honestly.
I don't AUM. I'd like to know what that person is doing to "better" society, other than whining about it on this forum of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies