Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2009, 06:36 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
We're talking about people kissing in public.

And it's really annoying when people with kids think their opinions should matter more than the opinions of those who don't have kids.
I don't have any kids but I care how my actions would impact their small impressionable minds. From swearing to making out in public, it's a shame how adults no longer have any shame or decency around kids. It's no wonder why kids are so messed up in America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 06:38 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,020,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Well let me be clear, I have no respect for people nor the maturity to live my life the way someone I do not know no want to know thinks I should.

Something tells me you don't have alot of impulses.
I have impulses like everyone else, I just have better reign on them than most folks.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:16 PM

157 posts, read 398,012 times
Why are some members of our society - far too many - collectively stuck in the fourth grade? Social conservatives are just generally wrong and backwards in their worldview, but their obsession with swear words, sexuality, and displays of affection borders on a bona fide mental disorder.

I'm in my 40's, straight, and married with two children. Hearing people curse or seeing two men kiss doesn't do a damned bit of harm to my family, and people who insist that it does have some serious psychological issues that they need to address! Hell, gays don't bother me, just keep the damned Jesus Freaks away.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:26 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loillon892 View Post
Why are some members of our society - far too many - collectively stuck in the fourth grade? Social conservatives are just generally wrong and backwards in their worldview, but their obsession with swear words, sexuality, and displays of affection borders on a bona fide mental disorder.

I'm in my 40's, straight, and married with two children. Hearing people curse or seeing two men kiss doesn't do a damned bit of harm to my family, and people who insist that it does have some serious psychological issues that they need to address! Hell, gays don't bother me, just keep the damned Jesus Freaks away.
GREAT post.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:35 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
GREAT post.
not really, considering it's a question of property rights. the two men were trespassers.

Old 07-21-2009, 07:37 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
Good lord. Why would two people kissing bother anyone so much?

Old 07-21-2009, 07:41 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Good lord. Why would two people kissing bother anyone so much?

it's only bothering the people making an issue out of it. it's a property right issue. if two men, or women, or a man and a woman, were making out on my property, I am within my rights to make them leave.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:31 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Well that is part of why you are liberal and I am conservative, In my world property rights and owner ship trump most anything, once we lose our private property rights, there is no area of our lives that is sacred from government dictate and control! Thats why I have stated many times on here, you want to be a homo keep it in your bedroom and I will absolutely stay out of it!
You have troubles with "homos" coming onto your property to conduct gay orgies?

Old 07-21-2009, 08:35 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
it's only bothering the people making an issue out of it. it's a property right issue. if two men, or women, or a man and a woman, were making out on my property, I am within my rights to make them leave.
This is, for all intents and purposes, a public space (not public property however), much like a resturant is considered a public space.

It is not enclosed, nor are there any fences or signage that I could see using google earth.

It LOOKS like a public sidewalk/park.

Granted the property owners would be well within their rights to kick someone off thier property, but the simple factors I lsited above must be taken into consideration in the incident that has lead to this thread.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:51 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
You have troubles with "homos" coming onto your property to conduct gay orgies?
there are no homos where I live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies