Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 01:13 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,973 times

Advertisements

Majority in U.S. Favors Healthcare Reform This Year
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 01:17 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,336 times
Support for reform != support for the current bills in the hopper, which by the way don't reform the system at all.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:18 PM

14,975 posts, read 16,461,656 times
If I were voting in that poll, I'd say I favor health care rerform.

That doesn't mean I support the proposals currently in Congress.

Old 07-19-2009, 02:02 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Support for reform != support for the current bills in the hopper, which by the way don't reform the system at all.
Please explain, got any links that support your statement?

Old 07-19-2009, 02:06 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,991 times
Reform and the rape of the US health care system are different.

There are definite issues with the current health care system, but the government taking control ISN'T the cure.

If the Senate approves this, they've just sold us out. They've put the decisions that WE should be making about our health into the hands of a bureaucrat.

Here we come month long waiting lists, rejected surgeries and sub par care!

Old 07-19-2009, 05:51 PM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
The story tells the story of US healthcare succinctly: everyone wants excellent, affordable, portable world class care.....but paid for by someone else. Notice the small number approving employees paying a tax on their health benefits.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:19 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Just as the congressional budget office released that 30% without health care were offered health care by employers and turned it down.most of those in favor of teh governamnt paln want heath care paid by someone else;namely other taxpayers'

Old 07-19-2009, 06:20 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Ah, no. Your title is misleading. When the respondents are given the details (cost) of reform, things change dramatically. In fact, in virtually every poll, people are more concerned about reining in costs than coverage.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:29 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,052,792 times
I bet 1% of those polled do not realize Reformed healthcare will take five years to kick in. Then I bet they believe all of a sudden their premiums are going to be cut in half and all health related expenses are going to be reduced significantly.
It is all a big illusion. Nothing is for free and hopefully the people will catch on to this farce.

Old 07-19-2009, 07:45 PM

1,761 posts, read 1,714,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
Reform and the rape of the US health care system are different.

There are definite issues with the current health care system, but the government taking control ISN'T the cure.

If the Senate approves this, they've just sold us out. They've put the decisions that WE should be making about our health into the hands of a bureaucrat.

Here we come month long waiting lists, rejected surgeries and sub par care!
I have no idea what the "cure" is for our health care problems, but the only thing I know is that we CANNOT continue to manage our health care as we have been. It's very quickly (already really) going to become something that only the wealthy can afford. It's crazy how high a visit to the doctor is for the 5 minutes he/she spends with you. And then if they do anything testwise....oh my god you might as well mortage your home once again.

Keep in mind that I am not of the liberal persuasion, in fact I used to be firmly against the government ever being anywhere close to our health care system. But, the way things are going we don't really have any choice.

If all the republicans/conservatives are against Obama's proposals they they should face the fact that we've been screwing around by tweaking the current system for the past 20 years and it's gotten us into this current mess.

The status quo is NOT acceptable, and as I previously said, soon your entire paycheck will be going for health insurance premiums. It's NUTS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies