Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 12:00 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,661,576 times

Advertisements

What conservatives have yet to do is confront the large but inescapable truth that movement conservatism is exhausted and quite possibly dead. And yet they should, because the death of movement politics can only be a boon to the right, since it has been clear for some time the movement is profoundly and defiantly un-conservative--in its ideas, arguments, strategies, and above all its vision.

Conservatism Is Dead (http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=9dfd540a-3d44-4684-a333-415ef34efa5b - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 12:10 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,781 times
The first blow to conservativeism aka morality was the hippys . Then came the race hustlers who hurt the blacks more than slavery did . Turned most young men into liberals who left their kids and turned to crime. it was exspected of them because they were told from the day they were born they didn't have a chance in white mans world .

But even worse are the white hypocrits who ran most away from the churches with their hypocrocy .

Final blow was non assimilating immigrants from poor nations .

Old 07-20-2009, 12:16 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,605 times
Good read. I hope it really dies off.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:22 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,014,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
I pray for the sake of our country that true conservatism does not die off but rather the psuedo conservative we have been experiencing these days.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:22 AM

2,318 posts, read 1,894,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post

What do you mean ?

Old 07-20-2009, 12:26 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
I pray for the sake of our country that true conservatism does not die off but rather the psuedo conservative we have been experiencing these days.
Count me in! Personal and fiscal responsibility should survive while the proponents of the "Party of Mean" should fade away.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:27 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Just the words that were said about the democrats. But I thnik the coming few years will change alot of mnds when they realise what this massive debt will produce. It the same thing that happened to those who lived on it are feeling now;but it will be much more wdiespread. Those that prepare will be much better off; while the rest will be losst in the ever declining masses.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:31 AM

4 posts, read 7,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
What conservatives have yet to do is confront the large but inescapable truth that movement conservatism is exhausted and quite possibly dead. And yet they should, because the death of movement politics can only be a boon to the right, since it has been clear for some time the movement is profoundly and defiantly un-conservative--in its ideas, arguments, strategies, and above all its vision.

Conservatism Is Dead (http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=9dfd540a-3d44-4684-a333-415ef34efa5b - broken link)
As long as cretins such as Limbaugh, Hannity, O'Reilly, etc. are not going to defend Whites as a group with our own social, political, and economic interests, they can forget about any support from me. These carnival barking Neocons, who get their talking points from the coporatist and Council on Foreign Relations lobbies can sell that tripe elsewhere, because I'm not listening anymore.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:42 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,086,339 times
HA HA HA!

Liberalism as usual is WRONG!

One clue would be the sucess of conservative radio and news which blows liberals right out of the water. The lazy bums or drug addicts on the liberal side better hope and pray conservatism is not dead because they give far more to charity then the selfish left.

In the same year hussein obama gave 6.1%, $60,307 to charity while Vice President Dick Cheney gave 77 percent of his income to charity. The Cheneys donated just under $6.87 million to charity.

Liberals are big on giving to others....when it involves someone elses money.

Dakota Voice: Biden and Obama: Charity Cheapskates

Old 07-20-2009, 01:18 AM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
HA HA HA!

Liberalism as usual is WRONG!

One clue would be the sucess of conservative radio and news which blows liberals right out of the water. The lazy bums or drug addicts on the liberal side better hope and pray conservatism is not dead because they give far more to charity then the selfish left.

In the same year hussein obama gave 6.1%, $60,307 to charity while Vice President Dick Cheney gave 77 percent of his income to charity. The Cheneys donated just under $6.87 million to charity.

Liberals are big on giving to others....when it involves someone elses money.

Dakota Voice: Biden and Obama: Charity Cheapskates
i wonder if you fall a lot when walking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies