Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 02:50 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoflov1232 View Post
Well, my daughter's car was hit in the back, she gave the Afrikan HER information, then the Afrikan proceeded to her car and drove away, contacted the insurance company and was paid My other daughter let a Afrikan guy do her taxes, they opened up a business in her name and stole her identity. While in the store buying something that cost 200.00, one came up on her and the clerk and said I need help over here while she can't decide if she wants to pay a measely 200.00 for that. I told her she should have said "Are you the one who stole my identity, thief" or whose credit are you using today??

Forgot to answer the question, YES, they do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2011, 02:54 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,209,259 times
I have little tolerance or patience for Africans with this mindset. Folks who stayed back in the "motherland" while they sold off other Africans for profit. Folks who stayed back in the "motherland" while Africans were enslaved for hundreds of years. Folks who stayed back in the "motherland" while African Americans had to face the degradation of the Jim Crow era.

And NOW, once slavery has ended and our civil rights realized, you want to come over here and trash talk? Nah...I have no patience for that at all.

Not to mention, the majority of the Africans who come to the US are from middle/upper class families. You'll find if you make an honest comparison between your US black counterparts, there is very little difference (stress on education, upward mobility, etc).

Don't draw the conclusion that all black Americans live in ghettos and adopt a thug mentality. That would be like me saying that all Africans have HIV and rape little girls to rid themselves of the disease while living in the slums. Not exactly fair is it?

Old 11-29-2011, 03:10 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,651,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
I have little tolerance or patience for Africans with this mindset. Folks who stayed back in the "motherland" while they sold off other Africans for profit. Folks who stayed back in the "motherland" while Africans were enslaved for hundreds of years. Folks who stayed back in the "motherland" while African Americans had to face the degradation of the Jim Crow era.

And NOW, once slavery has ended and our civil rights realized, you want to come over here and trash talk? Nah...I have no patience for that at all.

Not to mention, the majority of the Africans who come to the US are from middle/upper class families. You'll find if you make an honest comparison between your US black counterparts, there is very little difference (stress on education, upward mobility, etc).

Don't draw the conclusion that all black Americans live in ghettos and adopt a thug mentality. That would be like me saying that all Africans have HIV and rape little girls to rid themselves of the disease while living in the slums. Not exactly fair is it?

Bingo.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:32 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsoflov1232 View Post
Well, my daughter's car was hit in the back, she gave the Afrikan HER information, then the Afrikan proceeded to her car and drove away, contacted the insurance company and was paid My other daughter let a Afrikan guy do her taxes, they opened up a business in her name and stole her identity. While in the store buying something that cost 200.00, one came up on her and the clerk and said I need help over here while she can't decide if she wants to pay a measely 200.00 for that. I told her she should have said "Are you the one who stole my identity, thief" or whose credit are you using today??

Forgot to answer the question, YES, they do.
Probably Nigerian.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:38 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,281,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorock99 View Post
I have an African friend, that believes that all Black Americans are poor and not as hard working as Africans. I have also noticed forums on this board, that state that Africans are harder working than African Americans. Sorry to say, correct in at least many cases on both points.
I've had friends go to Africa and they bring up that they think the American Blacks that are into the urban culture are just plain crazy.
There opinion, not mine.

Also, Black Africans from Africa kick butt just as well as any Asians once they get here.
If anything on that issue I would say the great society programs and government intervention handicaps our black people IMO.
Doesn't mean I am right, but I do know Africans from Africa are very productive compared to Americans.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:38 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
[quote=ChocLot;21907463]
Quote:
I have little tolerance or patience for Africans with this mindset. Folks who stayed back in the "motherland" while they sold off other Africans for profit.
Slavery was an international institution at the time. Stop you're whining

Quote:
Folks who stayed back in the "motherland" while Africans were enslaved for hundreds of years.
Your ancestors were sold, what did you think would happen a calvary of Africans coming to rescue the very slaves they sold?

Quote:
Folks who stayed back in the "motherland" while African Americans had to face the degradation of the Jim Crow era.
Um Africans had there own struggles at the time and keep in mind Africans got independence around the same time Black Americans were going through the Civil Rights Movement. Also there were Africans in America before the CRA passed not many though.

Quote:
Making observations is now trash talking? Oh well.

Quote:
Do you have any stats for this? Because I hear this a lot but I can honestly say I don't know too many wealthy Ghanaians that immigrated here.

Quote:
Who is saying all? Just many, more than appropriate. Also Black Americans have high rates of HIV infection, the highest in this country. I would be careful throwing that particular stone around.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
I've had friends go to Africa and they bring up that they think the American Blacks that are into the urban culture are just plain crazy.
There opinion, not mine.

Also, Black Africans from Africa kick butt just as well as any Asians once they get here.
If anything on that issue I would say the great society programs and government intervention handicaps our black people IMO.
Doesn't mean I am right, but I do know Africans from Africa are very productive compared to Americans.
"Our" black people? Yassuh Massuh!

So lemme get this: Africans in Africa are in a position to talk about black "urban culture?" Really? So their urban areas and culture is some kind of utopian dream, huh? If they're so superior, why do so many wanna come here? Why doesn't it work for them in many places in Africa?

No....your opinion, not theirs. Gotcha.

As for the other "Great Society programs and government intervention, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, handicaps, blah, blah, blah, i know Africans from Africa are very productive......uhhhgggggg....

Old 11-29-2011, 07:02 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Do Africans think they are better than African Americans?

Not exactly..Many of them view themselves as pure and view African-Americans as being infected by the white man. I lived in college with a couple of Africans who gave a light-skinned black guy living in the house hell because they felt he was the product of rape. It's a cultural thing. Rape victims are viewed as cast-aways in many parts of Africa and some extreme Africans view all African-Americans as the decendants of rape.
Oh good grief...............how could that be considering the entier cotenant of Africa was colonized by the Europeans. That's one of the main reasons why many Africans speak french.

Not all africans are balck. So, does your nonsense apply to white south Africans?

Old 11-29-2011, 07:04 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Except for all of the threads about blacks and welfare, gangs, lack of education, too many kids, etc., etc., etc., that we have here on CD.
LOL...have you noticed that. The stuff that they say has to be the dumbest stuf that I have ever read in my life.

Old 11-29-2011, 07:37 PM

25 posts, read 32,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Guyana is not in Africa............
oh, thanks for telling me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies