Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2011, 05:55 AM

1,022 posts, read 2,549,938 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
you have the country that blacks built themselves. it's called africa. good job with that.
Yeah, because Africa is clearly a country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2011, 06:41 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
[quote=ChocLot;21982474]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post

Care to expound? Or did you just want a chance to post a snappy comeback?

Ghana has a population of about 25 million; the US 307 million. So, it's a bit unfair comparing crime rates.
Rates are standardize for the explicit reason to compare different populations. So the size of the population is irrelevant if we are talking about rates.

Old 12-05-2011, 06:45 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,409,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Yet you'd injure yourself in your mad rush to disassociate yourself from anything even remotely African American.
Why is it hard for you to grasp that none of my ancestors were slaves thus even though I was born here I have little in common with most black Americans.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:00 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Why is it hard for you to grasp that none of my ancestors were slaves thus even though I was born here I have little in common with most black Americans.
It's not hard for me to grasp.......it's hard for me to believe.

Old 12-05-2011, 07:39 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,207,602 times
[quote=EdwardA;21984759]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post

Rates are standardize for the explicit reason to compare different populations. So the size of the population is irrelevant if we are talking about rates.
So when are you heading back to this utopia?

Old 12-05-2011, 04:03 PM

14,669 posts, read 14,631,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomocidalBunny View Post
Most immigrant groups have a lot of people in them that don't respect blacks.

Why?

Cause these people come from third world countries where slavery, genocide, and starvation are still very real things and not stories from your grandparents. They think whodo these black people think they are complaining about struggles they don't even know about? These people wernt told about slavery, many of them have seen and even experienced it.

In the case of africans its even worse. Because after slavery ended in the US many blacks moved back to africa and enslaved there own and ruled them with brutal force and genocide. So there experiencing there oppressor telling them there struggle is nothing and they should be grateful for them paving the way. Its ironic cause its the same mentality racist whites have towards blacks.

What they encounter is hate crime laws and affirmative action that doesn't favor them [indians, asians, hispanics] but instead favors blacks.

The same people these laws cater to, they notice always seem to complain about racism and inequality for them.

They notice a lot of these people make excuses and blame others for there disgusting antisocial behaviour. The ones that they notice are good folks still make excuses for the bad apples in there race and blame others or outright deny it. They notice there are even political groups and prominent figures that make a living off this irresponsible behaviour [naacp, jesse jackson, al sharpton, etc.]

Than there's the news. Almost every murder in there city is committed by blacks and all the bad neighborhoods are mostly occupied by blacks.

Than there's ugly racism. I don't know many immigrants who have experienced racism from any other groups except blacks. Every immigrant I know has stories of being disrespected, or robbed by black strangers, and what they encounter in general is hostility from many blacks.

Put yourself in there shoes. How can the majority of them not hate blacks?

Just like when whites complain about blacks treating them like crap and being racist, put yourself in there shoes! They were taught in school there whole lives about the terrible things whites did to them and there grandparents and parents who they love experienced it and passed the stories and hate down. How can the majority of them not hate whites?
No, most of them come from countries where blacks are discriminated against and remain on the lowest rung on society. India, Southeast Asia, Latin America, etc, all have black people and they are all the lowest class in their respective countries. When they see the situation the same here, it's easy for them to acclimate and hate black people.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:06 PM

674 posts, read 698,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Griff View Post
Yeah, because Africa is clearly a country.
Most of the posters here are so ignorant about Africa it is mind-boggling. But honestly most Americans live at the intersection of arrogance and ignorance when it comes to Africa. Whites are usually clustered at arrogance avenue. I read that Africa is a country occurs on virtually any thread where Africa is mentioned....usually multiple times. It's something Africans get used to.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:16 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,485,018 times
[quote=EdwardA;21984759]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post

Crime rates are usually given per capita - e.g. XX crimes per 100,000 people. If not, it's noted, and the per capita numbers are given as well. So the size of a country does not matter. You are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
It's not hard for me to grasp.......it's hard for me to believe.
Weren't you the guy from the world forum who said he had German ancestors? Why is it hard to believe he doesn't have much in common wit "most black Americans" ? I pointed it out because if you do have German ancestors, you do not identify with them and mostly, or only, identify with your black American/African ancestors, do you not? Same thing.. He just does the same - identifies with his African ancestors who did not live here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahomeyAhosi View Post
Most of the posters here are so ignorant about Africa it is mind-boggling. But honestly most Americans live at the intersection of arrogance and ignorance when it comes to Africa. Whites are usually clustered at arrogance avenue. I read that Africa is a country occurs on virtually any thread where Africa is mentioned....usually multiple times. It's something Africans get used to.
You mean that kind of "arrogance" when 75% of black Californians supported striking down gay-marriage? Poverty fuels arroganceignorance. Whites just happen to be one of the wealthier groups with much less poverty here, so I'd argue the opposite and would be careful with that kind of statement. Black Americans are probably the group most opposed to gay-rights, abortion rights etc. A lot of people will call this attitude extremely arrogant - especially since African Americans should know better.

Last edited by Glucorious; 12-05-2011 at 04:35 PM..

Old 12-05-2011, 04:51 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,522,269 times
Quote:
Actually we view this as a blessing.

And for someone who dislikes Black Americans as much as you do, why do you and your family choose to live amongst Black Americans? Its a free country. Why not move to an area that has a low population of Black Americans in the country like Idaho, Wyoming, Montana or the Dakotas. Then we can all be happy.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:57 PM

674 posts, read 698,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
You mean that kind of "arrogance" when 75% of black Californians supported striking down gay-marriage? Poverty fuels arroganceignorance. Whites just happen to be one of the wealthier groups with much less poverty here, so I'd argue the opposite and would be careful with that kind of statement. Black Americans are probably the group most opposed to gay-rights, abortion rights etc. A lot of people will call this attitude extremely arrogant - especially since African Americans should know better.
No that's not the kind of arrogance I speak of at all. I am speaking of the kind of arrogance that is a result of living in the richest country on the planet and feeling as if you don't really need to know anything about the outside world. I find it to be the case that most Americans know virtually nothing about Africa yet they feel completely comfortable making broad generalizations.

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/wp-cont...ign-to-USA.jpg

Gays have absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. I'm talking strictly about ignorance of Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies