Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 03:28 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post

Seems like every group that ever came to this country had gangs, not just blacks but EVERY european group that ever immigrated here.
Crime, the time honored entry point into the America Dream.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 11:47 PM

7 posts, read 20,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Oh how I love Diversity!

The next time some academics tell you how important diversity is, ask how many Republicans there are in their sociology department.

"Can you cite one speck of hard evidence of the benefits of "diversity" that we have heard gushed about for years? Evidence of its harm can be seen — written in blood — from Iraq to India, from Serbia to Sudan, from Fiji to the Philippines. It is scary how easily so many people can be brainwashed by sheer repetition of a word."

— Thomas Sowell

My Way News - Minneapolis struggles with rise of Somali gangs

Minneapolis struggles with rise of Somali gangs
Jul 20, 4:30 AM
By PATRICK CONDON
(AP) In an undated photo provided by the family, Ahmednur Ali is shown. Ali, a 20-year-old college...

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Ahmednur Ali's family fled the chaos and violence of their West African homeland Somalia in the 1990s, eventually making their way to Minnesota like thousands of their compatriots.

snip

Why on earth would the United States want anyone to immigrate from Somalia?

I dont know what Sowell is on about, when refering to Fiji.

There have been a few minor problems, of course there will always be a couple issues when cultures come together.....but in reality most people, despite difference in cultures, get along.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:52 PM

7 posts, read 20,207 times
Quote:
Oh how I love Diversity!

The next time some academics tell you how important diversity is, ask how many Republicans there are in their sociology department.

"Can you cite one speck of hard evidence of the benefits of "diversity" that we have heard gushed about for years? Evidence of its harm can be seen — written in blood — from Iraq to India, from Serbia to Sudan, from Fiji to the Philippines. It is scary how easily so many people can be brainwashed by sheer repetition of a word."

— Thomas Sowell

My Way News - Minneapolis struggles with rise of Somali gangs

Minneapolis struggles with rise of Somali gangs
Jul 20, 4:30 AM
By PATRICK CONDON
(AP) In an undated photo provided by the family, Ahmednur Ali is shown. Ali, a 20-year-old college...

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Ahmednur Ali's family fled the chaos and violence of their West African homeland Somalia in the 1990s, eventually making their way to Minnesota like thousands of their compatriots.

snip

Why on earth would the United States want anyone to immigrate from Somalia?

Sickening to read reports like that. Time to be sent on a boat back to Somalia i think.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:18 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,613,580 times
I don't see how race has anything to do w/ this. As others have noted, criminality amongst newly arrived ethnic groups is nothing new. What is new is the welfare mentality amongst all people that cuases such crime to be subsidized.

Old 08-27-2009, 03:05 PM

1,481 posts, read 3,947,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm certainly not complaining, but why on God's green earth would you move from the smothering deserts of Africa to the Frigidaire Ice Box of the United States?

On separate note, if I have to settle for the lesser of two evils, i'll take Somali gangs in Minneapolis over the Somali U.S. citizens that are traveling to the Middle East for terrorist training. At least we have somewhat of an idea what the gangs are up to. The Somali terrorists may very well sneak back in and land a suprise attack on us.
HEY NOW! MN is not cold! we are no worser than other northern cities and often not as cold as several in the dead of winter ... you think we get snow in the summer time I bet huh?

as for the gangs .... UNFORTUNALLY we arent allowed to target gang members with predjuice intent
what we as a nation should be doing is deporting any one who is involved .. citizen or not .. send them thugs home to where ever mom/pop came from.... see just how bad they are when broke and starveing .... I could care less .... they can start over and learn about what a good thing they had . yep take citizenship from them as well .. live or die they are not wanted here in the TC and elsewhere
I am sure the bleedin hearts will have a fit with that remark BUT thugs do not deserve to be here

Old 12-18-2009, 09:40 PM

7 posts, read 8,260 times
First of all I would like to share that with every new country that has immigrated to the U.S. we have repeated this same pattern. The only difference between the original immigrants and those entering now is that we are all a very tight knit community and the slightest tremor stirs things up. If the people from Somalia came to the United States with open arms and we as United States citizens welcomed them to our country with heart felt open arms perhaps the new arrivals would open up a whole new path in their lives and their children's lives. I want to repeat what reconmark posted a Jan 2007 because it seems others are very narrow minded and forget easily that many other countries brought their egoic minds into this country. The only differenence between the past and present is they now have a easier means of spreading around rather then joining into tighter communities. Even in the 60's and 70's with Vietnamese immigrants we had the same stories, again they stuck more closely to each other and also Vietnam was not a country that had been sufferring decades of civil war and hardship.

So put yourself in their shoes for once I am a born caucasion American and if we don't change our thought patterns we are repeating history.

Moderator cut: sorry - no advertising or self promotion on the forum
I look forward to hearing both sides of the story as I know there are many frustrated people. Without hearing both sides of the story we can not solve our differences.

Here is the rest of what reconmark posted...
body {margin:8px} .LW-yrriRe {font:normal x-small arial} What the blacks are at it again!!

Now, we did not have these problems when the italian came over!
[LEFT]
Read more: //www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/709573-minneapolis-struggles-rise-somali-gangs-2.html#ixzz0a6YcyH2B
[/LEFT]
956 posts, read 319,392 times

What the blacks are at it again!!

Now, we did not have these problems when the italian came over!
[LEFT]
Read more: //www.city-data.com/forum/politics-other-controversies/709573-minneapolis-struggles-rise-somali-gangs-2.html#ixzz0a6YcyH2B
[/LEFT]

The American Mafia - Chronology - Section I
Trafficante crime family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or the jews
Jewish Gangsters
The Purple Gang: Bootlegger's Paradise - Crime Library on truTV.com
or the russians
Russian Mafia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or the irish
Bottoms Gang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
North Side Gang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or Greeks
Philadelphia Greek Mob - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Seems like every group that ever came to this country had gangs, not just blacks but EVERY european group that ever immigrated here.

I'm not making an excuse for gangs, but you seem focused on only one group.

I believe in diversity and I understand you will have good and bad people from all races and ethnic groups, that's just human nature.

I don't want to live in a country where only blacks can go here, itailians there, germans on that side, etc.
or will there be no difference in europeans seperated by cultures in your ideas against diversity?

Last edited by katzenfreund; 12-18-2009 at 10:55 PM..

Old 12-19-2009, 03:31 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tindo80 View Post
Yes, gee diversity is so horrible! Those terrible immigrants bringing gangs, its not like every other immigrant group (from the scottish to the irish to the italians to the russians to the somalis et) in the history of European America did not experience similar high crime rates in the initial first generation or 2 of arrival.

By the way, crime overall is still significantly lower in the twin cities than it was at its peak more than 10 years ago, Somalis or no. Violent crime recently went up slightly, but only by a tiny amount, and nearly equally across ethnicities. Im afriad that scapegoat doesnt hold much water.

Theres no place for generalized hate in civil conversation, nothing personal.
The average IQ in this part of Africa is around 65. With this level of intelligence these folks would have a very hard time keeping up in this capitalistic society. They would be at extremely high risk for social pathologies such as poverty, chronic welfare, crime, illegitimacy, AIDS and other STD's and poor academic performance. It makes no sense whatsoever to accept immigrants into this country who are so ill suited for this society.

You see similar pathologies in our low income inner city neighborhoods. From an article regarding Somoli imigrants:

"These teenagers participate in gang-related activities including robbery, assault, carrying and using illegal weapons, the report said. They also engage in unprotected sexual activity and use drugs."

This sounds just like what already exists in our low income inner cities. Why import more folks who do not have the mental capacity or ability to compete in this capitalistic society. It makes no sense.

This is not generalized hate. These are the facts. These people have few choices in this country. I did not cause this. I'm just the messenger.

- Reel

Old 12-19-2009, 03:45 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolution2013 View Post
First of all I would like to share that with every new country that has immigrated to the U.S. we have repeated this same pattern. The only difference between the original immigrants and those entering now is that we are all a very tight knit community and the slightest tremor stirs things up. If the people from Somalia came to the United States with open arms and we as United States citizens welcomed them to our country with heart felt open arms perhaps the new arrivals would open up a whole new path in their lives and their children's lives.
You are incorrect. Other immigrants who came to this country for the most part had the mental capacity, ability, initiative and inclination to succeed in America. The average IQ in this part of Africa is around 65. Even with initiative and inclination, these folks for the most part do not have the mental capacity or ability to compete in this capitalistic society. They will be at high risk for poor life outcomes and an extremely high number of them will be chronic welfare recipients.

Add to this the higher birth rates and illegitimacy and we will have a growing problem with generation after generation of chronic welfare recipients. The liberal platitudes sound great. If only it were so. Let's get real. Not everyone is equal. The opposite of liberal platitude is 'the harsh truth'.

Come on folks. Wake up!

- Reel

Old 12-19-2009, 04:53 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
[b]Oh how I love Diversity!

— Thomas Sowell

I can certainly cite hard evidence of the results of fighting diversity: Hitler's Germany. Real great plan, eh?

Old 12-19-2009, 06:43 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,936,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
somalians have taken a huge toll on the welfare system in maine too. I think it's time we shut the door to these people.
Somalis in Maine? (http://www7.sunjournal.com/node/49 - broken link)

Who would have thunk it?

Quote:
Police investigate Somali attacks
Submitted by Sun Journal on Thu, 12/17/2009 - 00:32
By Mark LaFlamme, Staff Writer

LEWISTON — In the early evening on the first day of summer, a large group of Somali boys approached a woman on the corner of Ash and Pierce streets. According to police reports, they intimidated the woman and slapped her in the back of the head before scattering into the downtown.

Five days later, shortly after midnight, a man was accosted by a group of Somali boys outside the Big Apple on Main Street. Police reports say several members of the group punched the man and took money from him. They then fled in a car.

snip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies