Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 08:44 PM

7 posts, read 8,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
You are incorrect. Other immigrants who came to this country for the most part had the mental capacity, ability, initiative and inclination to succeed in America. The average IQ in this part of Africa is around 65. Even with initiative and inclination, these folks for the most part do not have the mental capacity or ability to compete in this capitalistic society. They will be at high risk for poor life outcomes and an extremely high number of them will be chronic welfare recipients.

Add to this the higher birth rates and illegitimacy and we will have a growing problem with generation after generation of chronic welfare recipients. The liberal platitudes sound great. If only it were so. Let's get real. Not everyone is equal. The opposite of liberal platitude is 'the harsh truth'.

Come on folks. Wake up!

- Reel
I can't argue that the original immigrants that came to this country didn't have a bigger dream and higher hopes for themselves. However once they got here if they had any difficulty getting the first foot in the door, they most likely reverted back to old habits they had before they came.

I am only referring to the mobs and gang members from other countries like Ireland, Italy and Russia and most likely many others.

It is a shame that any one person would come into this country without a bigger dream and higher excitement brewing in their hearts and minds.

I tell you what is a bigger shame though, we all live in this country and only a small handful of us truly believe in the potential that we each have. We all could try to contribute so much more, but we don't. We are a diseased planet, a virus far worse then H1N1 has been eating at our connection with our souls over the last century. For those atheists out there what is your excuse, you were born to live this one life to the ultimate potential right, it's the only chance you got.

I'm sorry but we are slowly growing and uniting in this world. There is no changing what has taken place, but we can contribute and help educate others to make it a better place for our children.

When I grew up I always had the capability to put myself in the other persons shoes. This wasn't something that was taught to me. I learned quickly to have compassion and empathy for the pain another individual was suffering. Perhaps many don't have the ability to think past the basic living essentials. Am I alone on this planet that no one else can put themselves in the shoes of someone from Somalia and learn what they went through. If just for once imagine being born into a world where your brother or sister or parent went out their front door and called killed right before your eyes. If just for once imagine having nothing, no food, no water, no shoes, no clothes. Imagine watching others die of disease before your eyes because no one cared. Then come back and tell me what you would be feeling when you were told you had to leave your home and get shipped someplace else in the world. You would not think anything because you would have been so beaten down all your life that you would feel no different then a animal that is breed for the slaughter house.

This is one small planet we live on and unless we contribute to the changes that promote education and peace we will all not survive very much longer. There is no fence that stops a terrorist from attacking. If you don't come up with a better plan then complaining we are done for.

As for the rest of you pointing out one link after another about somalian gangs. You need to dig deeper and see that it's not just somalian gangs causing problems. For instance maybe you should research the history of gang activity in Rochester, MN over the last 5 years. Perhaps you will be shocked that the majority of the incidents have been caused by white gangs whose families have lived in this country for decades.

Violence is not tolerated by anyone and the biggest people to blame are the parents who are sitting at home numb, overwhelmed with financial stress or perhaps just too busy to give a damn. As for the people from Somalia they need to re-unite their friends and start finding solutions to all these problems. Because right now the United States is a truly great peaceful country. We should be a better country and we should be saying to the rest of the world that we can inspire great changes in all people.

The medieval days are long over. The dark ages, the Christian crusades, the American Civil War all in the past. The days when America once was the world leader of technological innovations is gone. So my fellow Americans and that includes all you immigrants what does that leave for us.
It leaves for us the opportunity to think deeper beyond the materialistic world and come up with a new form of inspiration.

If you have forgotten what inspiration feels like then for this Holiday season, which Christians call Christmas it is a time of sharing or giving to someone else who is in need. If you don't have money perhaps you can find some way to help someone else out. Or at the very least put a few simple kind words on a piece of paper and give it to someone. If those words need to be translated then translate them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 09:57 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,886,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
The liberal platitudes sound great. If only it were so. Let's get real. Not everyone is equal. The opposite of liberal platitude is 'the harsh truth'.
- Reel

Love it! So true. By the time the average moonbat figures this out for himself, America will be lost.

Old 12-19-2009, 10:22 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Love it! So true. By the time the average moonbat figures this out for himself, America will be lost.
Moonbat? Hmmm. I like that. Conjures up an image of an ...interesting.. creature. One that flits about, without any obvious purpose, making shrill,squeaking, noises that would be pitiful if the critter were not a verminous rodent. . I shall use this term, myself. No doubt it has been around for some time, and I just missed it. .

Old 12-20-2009, 04:51 AM

3,007 posts, read 6,287,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
[b]

[/color]Why on earth would the United States want anyone to immigrate from Somalia?
That is the question, not diversity per se. Permitting the immigration of poor kids from war-torn countries of parents of little to no economic skills is among the more foolish recipes of economic suicide.

S.

Old 12-20-2009, 06:01 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Yeah, it's probably all Bill Clinton's fault.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:16 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
somalians have taken a huge toll on the welfare system in maine too. I think it's time we shut the door to these people.
I think the American Indians should have shut the door on your ancestors when they came to the shores of America.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:18 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
I think the American Indians should have shut the door on your ancestors when they came to the shores of America.
these somalians are a bunch of thugs who beat up gay americans and suck up valuable taxpayer provided resources. they should be shut out just like the pilgrims should have been shut out by the native americans. they were and are both very evil groups.

Old 12-20-2009, 02:37 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
these somalians are a bunch of thugs who beat up gay americans and suck up valuable taxpayer provided resources. they should be shut out just like the pilgrims should have been shut out by the native americans. they were and are both very evil groups.
I will fear no weevil.
Attached Thumbnails
Minneapolis struggles with rise of Somali gangs-fearnoweevil.jpg  

Old 04-16-2014, 09:46 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times
The left will not be satisfied until they turn us into a third world country.

Old 04-16-2014, 10:40 AM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Somalia is in East Africa. The writer should at least know where the country is before publishing the article.
OP's link is not working for me, but that is an egregious error. It appears to be an AP piece. If so, how could an AP writer not know that in this day and age, especially with all the news we hear out of Somalia?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies