Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 04:19 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I don't think anyone is denigrating the action but it is clearly a light weight move. With so many issues to address Franken chose this monumental issue as the first bill to bring forward. I could just see it on the campaign stump. As my first act I will make sure that each and every disabled veteran has a dog. Candidate Franken is this an big problem? I don't know but it is my first priority!
"A dog"???

There is a huge difference between 'a dog' and a service dog. HUGE....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 04:20 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,321 times
I think it's great that franken has a job. it's proof that the government still employs disabled people. he's just too easy to make fun of. he's like the palin of the left.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:24 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,337,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
it's not really. stuart smalley is just funny. after all, he's a comedian.
If Ronald Reagan could reinvent himself as a President, Al Franken can surely reinvent himself as a Senator. Just as no one thinks of Bedtime for Bonzo when Reagan's name is mentioned (well, gotta admit, I do), Stuart Smalley will also fade into the past for Franken.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:26 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
I still hate Franken, but I don't find this bill to be a bad idea. When you consider the depression and suicide rates with our fine soldiers who have served this country, it is simply heartbreaking to think that soldiers would sign up to risk their life for the defense of their country, only to come back to the country they fought for and die after a depressed, miserable existence.

Service animals have been clinically shown to be an emotional and psychological boost to their owners, and enhance their quality of life. Anybody here that does not believe the psychological health of the soldiers who defend our freedom is worth a $25,000 service animal IF THEY CHOOSE TO HAVE ONE, I just do not understand.

That being said, this has not changed my opinion of Franken overall, but I refuse to let my distaste for a politician make me criticize a good idea.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:28 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,843,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
If Ronald Reagan could reinvent himself as a President, Al Franken can surely reinvent himself as a Senator. Just as no one thinks of Bedtime for Bonzo when Reagan's name is mentioned (well, gotta admit, I do), Stuart Smalley will also fade into the past for Franken.
not in the internet age. I am not a huge reagan fan either. I just find franken quite annoying, and I am sick of celebrities getting into politics. it's sad, and pathetic.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:36 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Alls' ya gotta do is say your daily affirmations.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:38 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandwich View Post
The only thing worse than giving a dog to a veteran, is giving a veteran to a dog. This is an act of treason that should be punished by multiple electric floggings administered, by an elephant man.
You sayin' this country has gone to the dogs?

Old 07-20-2009, 04:45 PM

132 posts, read 159,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
You sayin' this country has gone to the dogs?
I am saying, my good sir, that if God wanted man to have a dog, he would have given us fire hydrants as heads! My sadness at this communist atrocity can only be expressed, by a colon followed by a bracket, made to look like a sideways sad smiley face! :[ and then followed by even another one :[ and even another! :[ to express my threefold vortex of sadness.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:58 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,110,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I still hate Franken, but I don't find this bill to be a bad idea. When you consider the depression and suicide rates with our fine soldiers who have served this country, it is simply heartbreaking to think that soldiers would sign up to risk their life for the defense of their country, only to come back to the country they fought for and die after a depressed, miserable existence.

Service animals have been clinically shown to be an emotional and psychological boost to their owners, and enhance their quality of life. Anybody here that does not believe the psychological health of the soldiers who defend our freedom is worth a $25,000 service animal IF THEY CHOOSE TO HAVE ONE, I just do not understand.

That being said, this has not changed my opinion of Franken overall, but I refuse to let my distaste for a politician make me criticize a good idea.
What do you know. An honorable man on CD. I salute you sir.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:59 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,450,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post

If you REALLY want to pick up the morale and prevent all those suicides in the military, impeach the Affirmative Action President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies