Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 04:27 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
You are seriously delusional if you think India or China will take a risk of their economy suffer just to "please" the US. Just today India told us to "bug off". When you have Obama killing our economy and causing millions to lose their jobs do you really think they are going to follow us?
what risk...the EU economy was not effected by Cap and Trade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2009, 04:31 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthCity09 View Post
what risk...the EU economy was not effected by Cap and Trade.

I mean we are in the ****ter right now this would only add to it. Let's say we were thriving right now I would say Cap and Trade may be a good idea in a much scaled down version but we simply can not afford to implement all of these things right now. This plan WILL impact the econmeny and it WILL drive some businesses out of here which will take jobs with it. China and India are a growing economy they will not take the risk that the idiots here will with their money. You see people in this countyr are making bug bucks on this "go green" thing they are NOT making money on it there which means it takes a backseat to what IS making them money.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I mean we are in the ****ter right now this would only add to it. Let's say we were thriving right now I would say Cap and Trade may be a good idea in a much scaled down version but we simply can not afford to implement all of these things right now. This plan WILL impact the econmeny and it WILL drive some businesses out of here which will take jobs with it. China and India are a growing economy they will not take the risk that the idiots here will with their money. You see people in this countyr are making bug bucks on this "go green" thing they are NOT making money on it there which means it takes a backseat to what IS making them money.
by the time this program takes off we will be out of the woods when it comes to the economy.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:37 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,951 times
it won't destroy the economy, it will destroy america. why can't liberals understand the purpose of the US? we are supposed to tell the government what to do, not vice versa.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:38 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times
Quote:
by the time this program takes off we will be out of the woods when it comes to the economy.

Bahahahahaha!!! Really have you seen the economy lately and Obama has not even really put the screws to it yet wait until his health care reform takes hold.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:38 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,844,267 times
Quote:
Bahahahahaha are you serious?? they will do what is best for their economy not play follow the leader.
Exactly thats why we are borrowing money from them

Old 07-20-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
it won't destroy the economy, it will destroy america. why can't liberals understand the purpose of the US? we are supposed to tell the government what to do, not vice versa.
no it wont...it didn't destroy the European Union and it wont destroy us.
and we are telling the govt what to do...by voting for the members of Congress who pass these things.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:48 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,842,951 times
Quote:
no it wont...it didn't destroy the European Union and it wont destroy us.
and we are telling the govt what to do...by voting for the members of Congress who pass these things.
ya just don't get it. we tell the government what to do? why, because we can cast a vote, assume the election isn't rigged, and vote someone into office that will decide what we can drive? that seems more like we are voting for slavemaster. I don't live my life for anyone else. I live life for me. the greater good does not exist.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
ya just don't get it. we tell the government what to do? why, because we can cast a vote, assume the election isn't rigged, and vote someone into office that will decide what we can drive? that seems more like we are voting for slavemaster. I don't live my life for anyone else. I live life for me. the greater good does not exist.
its been like this since day 1 of this country...if you have a better politics system, lets hear it.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:21 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
here's another study.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies