Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2007, 05:21 PM

13,395 posts, read 45,047,317 times

Advertisements

NASA shooting
This is all I have on it now, hopefully someone else will come up with a more detailed link.
I'm tellin' ya, I do not want to take away law abiding citizens' guns, but how do you figure out who is not going to shoot another human being when you are handing out the permits?
We are a violent society, and guns make it all the easier to murder.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2007, 06:41 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,679,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cil View Post
NASA shooting
This is all I have on it now, hopefully someone else will come up with a more detailed link.
I'm tellin' ya, I do not want to take away law abiding citizens' guns, but how do you figure out who is not going to shoot another human being when you are handing out the permits?
Yep violence is way to prevalent in todays sociey.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:01 PM

9,892 posts, read 10,834,370 times
Quote:
NASA shooting
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,267540,00.html

Old 04-20-2007, 09:11 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,698,865 times
Quote:
The ones who won't shoot another human being are the ones who would be wondering if their potential victim is armed. Guns make it all the easier to defend onesself.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:34 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
The ones who won't shoot another human being are the ones who would be wondering if their potential victim is armed. Guns make it all the easier to defend onesself.
LOL And then Amaznjohn woke up from his dream in fantasy land.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:15 PM

366 posts, read 387,627 times
Is that how it works? It sure seems to stop all the gang shootings, doesn't it? They are all too concerned that someone else might be armed. Yeah, that's it, that's why gang violence is decreasing so much, because they all have guns now.

ffs.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:36 PM
x4fscvdvd

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy View Post
Is that how it works? It sure seems to stop all the gang shootings, doesn't it? They are all too concerned that someone else might be armed. Yeah, that's it, that's why gang violence is decreasing so much, because they all have guns now.

ffs.
Rainy the problem is they need MORE and BIGGER guns, then everything will be O.K.! We are missing that last crucial step!

Old 04-21-2007, 10:17 PM

1,247 posts, read 928,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowXOR View Post
Rainy the problem is they need MORE and BIGGER guns, then everything will be O.K.! We are missing that last crucial step!
They don't have enough safety training. Yeah, that's it. Those gang shootings are accidental.

Old 04-21-2007, 10:57 PM

747 posts, read 1,326,270 times
Quote:
NASA shooting
I have never owned a gun, and haven't shot a gun since I was 15 as part of Explorers or some organization. I have no interest in owning a gun or shooting one.

This being said, I am very concerned about the hysteria being generated by the government with the aim of disarming all citizens of this country. Immediately following the Virgina shootings, they are trying to slam through legislations to do exactly this. Wow they had this all prepared in advance. Doesn't this raise red flags to anyone else except me?

I would rather that no one had any guns, provided the police and military don't have them either. But that's not going to happen. There were more than 105 people killed with police tasers in just the first three months of 2005 and the death toll is increasing. I have seen videos of 60 year old women being knocked to the ground in peace marches and tased repeatedly! even though they were doing everything they were beling yelled at to do by police. This is unconscionable. Police should NOT have tasers when they repeatedly use them against the citizens of this country in this manner.

Unfortunately things appear to keep getting worse. The police and military are supposed to be there to protect us. That's why we have them! If they don't, can't or won't do this then why are they here? I mean come on, an 85 year old man doesn't jump to the ground and put his hands behind his back fast enough, so twelve cops taser the poor guy to death? And why, when someone surrenders, do they walk up, pound the guy, and pull his arm out of the socket? What happened to just peacefully putting the guy in the car.

There has to be another alternative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies