Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2009, 01:41 PM

225 posts, read 574,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The officer owes no apology. The man was an ass and I hope my neighbors are ass enough to call the police if they think my home is about to be broke into. If it's not that's an easy one to sort out providing you do not decide to start assulting the officers or playing the race cards.
Assault? When did he assault the officer?

The officer owes an apology for arresting a man who was pissed for being hassled for breaking into his own home. And just on a human level it might have been nice for him to say to Gates, "Sorry we had to come out here and bother you" once he realized Gates owned the home. I know a lot of cops who would say just that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2009, 01:41 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
People act like Gates is some Hollywood celeb that pitched a hissy fit...the man is one of the top scholars in the country. Though ironically I doubt the whole of this board even had the intellectual fortitude to even know who he was before this took place.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:43 PM

13,648 posts, read 20,777,671 times
The ignorance on this thread is amazing.

My grandmother dropped dead right in front of my grandfather. He called an ambulence, but it was in vain. The police arrived and had to question him so as to eliminate the possibility of foul play. As emotionally wrecked as he was, he answered their questions, they filled out a report, expressed their condolences and went on their way. Even in grief and shock, he understood that the police investigate crimes. And often it turns out there is no crime. But they have to find that out first.

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
This is soooo off subject but does anyone remember that Martin Lawrence movie National Security where the police questioned him for "breaking into his own car" this case reminds me of that movie. Especially at the end when Martin sees a white guy breaking into a car and offers to help him, just to find out that guy really is stealing the car.

Okay nevermind I watch too much television.

You are another one that needs to read the police report. I have a feeling some of the witnesses will start coming forward about this black man's outragious rantings and screaming at the officer.

9,273 posts, read 26,496,019 times
<raising hand> I know some black people that said Gates was an a** and over-reacted, and that OJ was guilty, and voted for Hillary. Do they have an aversion to black people too???

18,949 posts, read 43,612,080 times
All he had to do was calmly tell the officers that he locked his keys inside and then ask them to come inside to see his ID, that would have been the end of it. I guess that's just too easy isn't it?

3,100 posts, read 3,302,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasilyAmused View Post
<raising hand> I know some black people that said Gates was an a** and over-reated, and that OJ was guilty, and voted for Hillary. Do they have an aversion to black people too???

Probably. It's called self hatred.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:44 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Why couldn't Gates say THANK YOU for your quick response to a possible break in to my home? Here is my ID, I can understand your concern.
Because he teaches African-American Studies at the college. His whole life is about searching for ways to justify that chip that permanently resides on his shoulder.

You're correct though, he should have been thankful that his neighbor and the police were looking out for him, protecting his rights and his property.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:44 PM

225 posts, read 574,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by libsuckarse View Post
Go to Smokingun.com and read the multi racial cops reports.

This idjit is playing a game. And I think you know it. Blech.

Wonder why Americans (all red white and blue of them) are sick of this victim game?
I will go, I'm interested to read that as I know there was a black cop there as well. Who in the picture really looked very uncomfortable and I imagine was just mortified either way (no matter how you look at it, it's a mortifying situation).

"Americans" are not sick of this victim game, just people like you are.

Please don't speak for me, I'd rather not be associated with your viewpoint. Thanks.

And did you just call a Harvard professor an "idjit"? There's no emoticon to represent my eye rolling right now.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:45 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livesintriangle View Post
And just on a human level it might have been nice for him to say to Gates, "Sorry we had to come out here and bother you" once he realized Gates owned the home. I know a lot of cops who would say just that.
I agree; even if he didn't mean it. IMO he arrested him just to prove a point; otherwise when he walked outside he would have just left. He wouldn't have told Gates to come outside and continue talking if he was really that upset by his racist rants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
People act like Gates is some Hollywood celeb that pitched a hissy fit...the man is one of the top scholars in the country. Though ironically I doubt the whole of this board even had the intellectual fortitude to even know who he was before this took place.
I'll be honest - I never heard of him until this happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies