Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 08:41 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,269,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
I am no fan of tazers, but this idiot took a gas bath by his own doing. He could have burst into flames by falling onto the ground and generating a spark from his belt buckle on the concrete. He asked for it, he got it. Hard to feel sorry for him, and kind of stupid to use this as a strike against tazers. There are already plenty of valid reasons to advocate against tasers.
when the cops are called for flammable liquid, you would think they would take along a fire extinguishers if one isnt in the unit car LOL

Common sense and they wouldnt need tasers. and when shooting people dont overdo it like 35 times? to the poor unarmed black dude in NY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 09:23 PM

689 posts, read 742,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
I take it your a conservative christian?

Hundreds of people have died from being tasered. Anyone with a few firing brain cells would see that using the SAME process as an AED/Defibulator WILL cause deaths.

Tasers have also been heavily misused as well, from punative punishment for not immediatly obeying a cop (a "chase-rage" style of attack on citizens) to tasering someone to get DNA evidence in Niagara County, NY.

Tasers are certainly a valuable tool, IF USED CORECTLY, for our law enforcment officers. But their use needs to be seriously examined and highly regulated.

I suggest a full investigation every time one is deployed, much like the types of investigations used with the deployment of a service weapon, complete with administrative leave, as well as regular and heavy training in taser use,t he same recieved for firearm use.
Whaaaaaaattttt? The Taser is just like a defib.? Educate me. How does it work? I'm interested in hearing your answer. Thanks!

Old 07-21-2009, 09:30 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,269,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTD2.0 View Post
Whaaaaaaattttt? The Taser is just like a defib.? Educate me. How does it work? I'm interested in hearing your answer. Thanks!
it sends an electrical charge same as a defib which is to kick start your heart i would assume.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:32 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,313 times
Hee Hee Hee!!!! Gimme some popcorn and a Pepsi. This is gonna be good.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:38 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,626,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expat007 View Post
when the cops are called for flammable liquid, you would think they would take along a fire extinguishers if one isnt in the unit car LOL

Common sense and they wouldnt need tasers. and when shooting people dont overdo it like 35 times? to the poor unarmed black dude in NY
This didn't happen in NY. You should start a new thread if you want to discuss an entirely seperate event.

Old 07-21-2009, 09:44 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
And none of the officers had a billy club, and none smelled the gasoline?
They already assumed it was a flammable liquid. The man also had a lighter. A baton would require them to get real close to the individual and put their lives in danger. A taser let's them exert control from a distance without blowing a hole in him.

Is this a difficult concept for you?

Old 07-21-2009, 09:50 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,466,118 times
Quote:

Yeah! I'm called because a sniffer is out of control and when I respond I'm going to assume he is going to rush me with a container of flammable liquid and I'm going to burden myself with a fire extinguisher. That would be bright!

They thought he was armed and presented a threat. nThat's why they shot.; Once you start shooting you continue to shoot until your weapon is empty or you're convinced the individual is no longer a threat. With multip[le officers there you don't draw straws to see who gets to do the shooting. You all unload on him. There's also a small matter of being enveloped in an adrenalin rush during confrontations.

Walk a mile in a cop's shoes and then you'll have an opinion worth listening to about how they operate.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:58 PM

689 posts, read 742,766 times
Quote:
it sends an electrical charge same as a defib which is to kick start your heart i would assume.
Well you know what you do when you "assume". How about some research before posting like you know what you are talking about. The defib actually doesn't "kick start" your heart either. You may want to read up on that one too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies